hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: London hotels

London hotels

I’m going to the baseball at the Olympic stadium in the summer but haven’t booked accommodation yet, does anyone have any recommendations of what areas would be easiest to commute from? It doesn’t need to be the ritz I’m staying in, just as long as the stadium is accessible and I can get into Oxford Circus easily enough to take the wife shopping at some point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Anywhere along the Central Line will suit you. Holborn, Covent Garden, Russel Square.

Depends on your budget.

Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries
    Central lines a disaster at the moment, book anywhere that’s near any tube line in zone 1,2 or 3 and you’ll be fine. Look at airbnbs as hotels are ver expensive at the moment..

We're just back. First time in London. Stayed at the park plaza Waterloo. Reasonable price. 50 yards from Lambeth North Station on the bakerloo line and transported around the city no bother from there

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    If you don't mind cosy, the hub by Premier Inns at either St James Park or Westminster are usually fairly inexpensive and well located. About a 5 minute walk to Westminster tube station, or 5 minutes down to Victoria. Easy to get anywhere in the city from either spot.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member MountcastleHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CBacke
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m going to the baseball at the Olympic stadium in the summer but haven’t booked accommodation yet, does anyone have any recommendations of what areas would be easiest to commute from? It doesn’t need to be the ritz I’m staying in, just as long as the stadium is accessible and I can get into Oxford Circus easily enough to take the wife shopping at some point

If you’re looking for central London my shout wouldn’t be for you, but we went down in September for a weekend and stayed at the Premier Inn at Stratford. Obviously that is super easy access for you for the London Stadium, the Westfield shopping centre is also on your doorstep for shopping. Stratford station easily accessible, Elizabeth Line straight into the centre too.

Quote Originally Posted by MountcastleHibs View Post
    If you’re looking for central London my shout wouldn’t be for you, but we went down in September for a weekend and stayed at the Premier Inn at Stratford. Obviously that is super easy access for you for the London Stadium, the Westfield shopping centre is also on your doorstep for shopping. Stratford station easily accessible, Elizabeth Line straight into the centre too.
    Just booked this now, cheers mate! Handy to head over hours before first pitch and try get some Phillies stuff signed and enjoy the fanfare bits and pieces about the ground!

Thanks everyone for their help, first time in London for both of us so didn’t really know where to start!

@hibs.net private member
    I wouldn’t concern yourself much with where you’re staying as long as it’s in central London, the underground makes getting around a breeze and chances are you’ll be on it loads regardless of where you’re staying. If you’re out with Central London then you maybe want to give location a bit more consideration.

I usually stay in the Hub by Premier Inn in Soho or the Yotel in Shoreditch or the Yotel on Clerkenwell Road. Nothing fancy but absolutely fine if it’s just somewhere to sleep at night.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    If you don't mind cosy, the hub by Premier Inns at either St James Park or Westminster are usually fairly inexpensive and well located.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    I usually stay in the Hub by Premier Inn in Soho or the Yotel in Shoreditch or the Yotel on Clerkenwell Road. Nothing fancy but absolutely fine if it’s just somewhere to sleep at night.
    Fine as long as you're not claustrophobic.

Going further out is made easier and cheaper by the QE II line that goes past London Stadium. Anywhere east of Stratford is easy to access on that line. Worth considering if you want better value for money

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Fine as long as you're not claustrophobic.
    They’re not big by any stretch but they’re absolutely fine imo.

If you want claustrophobic, try Paris hotels

Does your room have windows ? Heard it’s the in thing not too 😂

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    They’re not big by any stretch but they’re absolutely fine imo.

If you want claustrophobic, try Paris hotels
    Stayed in a Paris Ibis, smallest room and bathroom ever.

I've stayed in the Dorsett at Shepherd's Bush a few times, usually when travelling with my wife. Plenty transport options and by London standards the rooms are pretty spacious. Good location for plenty of food and drink options too.

When I'm on my own I usually just stay in the Royal Scot Travelodge at King's Cross. A wee bit dated and it's no frills but it does what is says on the tin and at £50-70 a night you aren't getting much more budget friendly in London.

If you are quite comfortable using the tube then I think almost anywhere in zones 1 and 2 is pretty accessible
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    Does your room have windows ? Heard it’s the in thing not too 😂
    Whilst I understand the joke, I probably should have pointed out that all 3 of the hotels I suggested can sometimes not have windows, so I’d message ahead to request you get one with a window

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MountcastleHibs View Post
    Yep that area is superb. We stayed at the Moxy in Stratford in August (which was also reasonable). As you say Westfield right there and a quick walk through the shopping centre to the Olympic Park.