hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stokes

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder through non-Hibs tinted specs if this still proved to be his finest hour? Cant recall if he was actually benched for many of the key Celtic games?
    He was MOTM in the 2013 final against us aswell

2. Log in to remove the advert

After 21.05.16 he was interviewed about getting back in favour with Celtic with Brendon Rodgers just appointed (first time), and he seemed optimistic about that.

Gave us some of our greatest memories and will always be a legend for that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Stokes off the pitch is and always has been an utter fanny. Most of his mates are a who's who of ****** "gangsters" here and over the Irish Sea. Jails the best place for him.

Legend , its a football forum no a gossip column.

First Team Breakthrough Sloop67's Avatar
    Football , sport and life in general is littered with people like this. It always seems to me that some of the people blessed with great talent are the ones who are least well equipped to deal with it , I'm not entirely sure that a spell inside will help him or not , I guess that would depend on what happens when he's released, if he is jailed that is

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Part time legend, full time tit.
    In a nutshell. It's not like he's on charges of pissing up a close when drunk or something.

Sounds like an absolute walloper but one can't forget 21.05.2016 entirely

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Very sad to hear of this.

While blessed with a footballing talent, it doesn’t sound like has been blessed with family or mentors to help steer him on a path out of trouble and to a life where football could have made that a prosperous and comfortable one.

If there’s anything Hibs can do to help Anthony Stokes I’d like to think we would.
    I think its commendable to want to rehabilitate people. But the whole domestic violence, coercive control thing just makes me think he's a ****.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I think its commendable to want to rehabilitate people. But the whole domestic violence, coercive control thing just makes me think he's a ****.
    I must admit to not being fully aware of the ins and outs or magnitude of the charges he’s facing in UK.

The Irish offences must be sailing close to a custodial sentence over there as well.

Yes, he was an important part of winning the cup, but a legend? For me that has to fully encompass the man, not just his feet.

He’s not worthy of consideration alongside our actual legends. He’s an idiot on his 8th chance, born with talents many would kill for and he wasted them.

Left by mutual consent!
    Is, always has been, and always will be an absolute ****bag. Always felt his performance in the final had nothing to do with wanting Hibs to win and everything to do with stopping Rangers. If we'd been playing Aberdeen I'd lay money he'd have been a shiftless showpony and barely tried a leg as per usual. Cannot stand the guy.

Folk on here calling him a legend and would forgive him anything for that day, have a word with yourselves and grow the ****** up, the guys a domestic abuser, amongst other things. Pat Stanton is a legend, Franck Sauzee is a legend, Jimmy o Rourke is a legend. And every one of them absolute gentlemen. Stokes couldn't lace their boots and doesn't deserve to be named in their company.

And for those saying he has mental health problems, no he doesn't, he's a d**khead wanna be gangster.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Yes, he was an important part of winning the cup, but a legend? For me that has to fully encompass the man, not just his feet.

He’s not worthy of consideration alongside our actual legends. He’s an idiot on his 8th chance, born with talents many would kill for and he wasted them.
    Agree. He appears to be a complete ****bag. To mention him alongside Stanton, the famous 5, David Gray and other legends of our club doesn’t sit well with me. He is a Celtic man, always was, always will be - no surprise he is a complete ned.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    Is, always has been, and always will be an absolute ****bag. Always felt his performance in the final had nothing to do with wanting Hibs to win and everything to do with stopping Rangers. If we'd been playing Aberdeen I'd lay money he'd have been a shiftless showpony and barely tried a leg as per usual. Cannot stand the guy.

Folk on here calling him a legend and would forgive him anything for that day, have a word with yourselves and grow the ****** up, the guys a domestic abuser, amongst other things. Pat Stanton is a legend, Franck Sauzee is a legend, Jimmy o Rourke is a legend. And every one of them absolute gentlemen. Stokes couldn't lace their boots and doesn't deserve to be named in their company.

And for those saying he has mental health problems, no he doesn't, he's a d**khead wanna be gangster.
    He's a prick but I don't think that's accurate at all.

Glad it’s not just me that hasn’t time for him

Best individual performance from a Hibs player in living memory.

Utter horror of a human being

Remanded in custody after flying from a different country to hand himself in for sending offensive messages??? WTF??

There’s guys who commit far more serious crimes and get bailed.

The justice system in this country is broken!

Stokesy will always be a legend in my mind 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
    Last edited by Greensunshine; 18-02-2024 at 12:23 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Very sad to read of this. My brother and I hadn't long taken our seats when we watched Stokes sublimely score our first at Hampden that beautiful day. Always be a Cup winning legend. Needs help on a road to recovery, hope he gets it.

@hibs.net private member
    Anthony Stokes. Hibs legend.

Some of the revisionism on here is mental.

He’s handed himself in, he’ll face the law and rehabilitate at a later date. Good luck to him. I hope he finds peace.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    Anthony Stokes. Hibs legend.

Some of the revisionism on here is mental.

He’s handed himself in, he’ll face the law and rehabilitate at a later date. Good luck to him. I hope he finds peace.
    Revisionism? You’re not allowed to change your mind on something when you get new information?

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar

Quite hard to argue with any this. Would he be a legend if he was terrorising your sister or daughter?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    He's a prick but I don't think that's accurate at all.
    Each to our own opinion. We all have our thoughts on players motivations. 👍

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Quite hard to argue with any this. Would he be a legend if he was terrorising your sister or daughter?
    Exactly, some folk need to give themselves a shake. The cup final was incredible, and yes he played out of his skin, but I'd happily not have won the cup if it meant he'd never played for us. This is just a game, his ex girlfriend went through hell. People saying they can separate the player from the performance? Yeah, I get that for minor misdemeanours, but domestic violence over a prolonged period? Absolutely terrorising a young woman? Nah.

@hibs.net private member
    I'd happily not have won the cup if it meant he'd never played for us.
    Surely no?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    It's unforgivable what he's put his girlfriend and her family through.
    This. Football is just a game. Lots of hero's when we won the cup and I'll reserve the word legend for a guy like David Gray.

Can't believe the number of people happy to look the other way on what he's done. He's not a daft laddie that had one too many beers and made a mistake - there is a pattern of behaviour here and he seems like a nasty piece of work.

But he gets a pass and beers bought for him cause he played a good game of football for us. He also doesn't give a **** about Hibs.

If wonder if folk would be so generous if he'd treated their sister or daughter like this?
    Last edited by neil7908; 18-02-2024 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    Remanded in custody after flying from a different country to hand himself in for sending offensive messages??? WTF??

for him to be remanded, a threshold has been met - especially for domestic. Wolloper.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    for him to be remanded, a threshold has been met - especially for domestic. Wolloper.
    Been remanded as he's gone on the run several times in the last year, not keeping to bail conditions and going on social media to taunt the police and others about him having gone on the run. Came back last October to hand himself in, attended SDGs dinner (though left early after another wee drama) and left Scotland again against his release conditions...meaning he didn't show for the SDG testimonial he'd signed up to a few weeks later.

He's not complied with conditions on several occasions and left the country each time. They arrested him last summer in NI when there was intelligence reported he was in Belfast. UK police were able to intervene and he was arrested and brought back to Scotland

This isn't a one off.

Legend? Would he get a spot in the Hall of Fame? I certainly hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    Been remanded as he's gone on the run several times in the last year, not keeping to bail conditions and going on social media to taunt the police and others about him having gone on the run. Came back last October to hand himself in, attended SDGs dinner (though left early after another wee drama) and left Scotland again against his release conditions...meaning he didn't show for the SDG testimonial he'd signed up to a few weeks later.

He's not complied with conditions on several occasions and left the country each time. They arrested him last summer in NI when there was intelligence reported he was in Belfast. UK police were able to intervene and he was arrested and brought back to Scotland

This isn't a one off.
    Indeed. As i say; wolloper!

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post

This isn't a one off.
    What was the drama at the testimonial dinner?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Left by mutual consent!
    Exactly, some folk need to give themselves a shake. The cup final was incredible, and yes he played out of his skin, but I’d happily not have won the cup if it meant he'd never played for us. This is just a game, his ex girlfriend went through hell. People saying they can separate the player from the performance? Yeah, I get that for minor misdemeanours, but domestic violence over a prolonged period? Absolutely terrorising a young woman? Nah.
    Surely not?

Why don’t you just forget he was in the team that wonderful day?

I realise that his ‘crimes’ are well out of order, and that he is obviously troubled and/or a ****bag, but he helped us lift the SC, and for that alone, we should be eternally grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post

Hes had multiple chances to do simple things like turn up at court and has failed multiple times, wasn't going to get away with it time and time again.