hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If all current STs in 37 and 38 aren't moved out then I'm not sure how Hibs can say it's a family zone.

I did wonder about that, hence the question.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I did wonder about that, hence the question.
    Yes, sorry. I should have added that it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it's all just going to get made up as they go along.

Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    I am well paid so i can afford the £800 per ticket but they are asking for payment details by the end of March and there's no way I can pay that soon

it's an unexpected bill at atime when I've just been away and am away to NYC in March - I will have zero spare cash at that time - I am **** with money and just spend it all

So I'm hoping they can hold on a while till they are expecting £1600

I think they should do an OAP package tbh in those seats

I got those seats because my Dad is 73 and he gets a sore bum on the normal seats (he has polymyalgia)
    I’d be surprised if it sells out to season ticket holders. Hibs have said they will
    offer individual match packages. So hopefully there will be a longer period for season ticket holders to purchase seats

@hibs.net private member
    Bad credit rating - had a gambling problem for years - I was expecting to renew in the summer

Fingers crossed there may be some kind of way of doing a part payment or something
    Give them an email mate they are usually very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper1875 View Post
    I’d be surprised if it sells out to season ticket holders. Hibs have said they will
    offer individual match packages. So hopefully there will be a longer period for season ticket holders to purchase seats
    Fingers crossed - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    Give them an email mate they are usually very helpful
    Will do, thank you

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    If all current STs in 37 and 38 aren't moved out then I'm not sure how Hibs can say it's a family zone.
    90% of the home end at Easter Road has essentially been a family zone for over a decade. Been a long time since there was any real no-go areas for families at Easter Road as reflected by the amount of kids who sit in all sections of the ground. In reality, the family zone is just a family pricing zone.

Yes, sorry. I should have added that it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it's all just going to get made up as they go along.

No problem mate, I'm as curious as you are.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    I reckon it’ll sell out so the club will be quids in

It would be nice for them to bring something out that your average ST holder can afford/gain access to, especially with a family. Where am I going to take the wee man when he’s older so he can tie a scarf up and use it as a baw

I’m not a ST holder so it doesn’t really effect me either way
    That’s just brought back lovely memories of Maud, RIP.

Wonder if we played together back in the Smokey old Hibs Club. I’m a 92 baby so every chance.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    That’s just brought back lovely memories of Maud, RIP.

Wonder if we played together back in the Smokey old Hibs Club. I’m a 92 baby so every chance.
    Good old Maud shaking her bucket in everyone’s face.

Aye there’s a good chance. The good ol days😂

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    90% of the home end at Easter Road has essentially been a family zone for over a decade. Been a long time since there was any real no-go areas for families at Easter Road as reflected by the amount of kids who sit in all sections of the ground. In reality, the family zone is just a family pricing zone.
    So, if there's folk in section 37 or 38 who haven't moved and turn out to be bams, I could get them kicked out/banned if they upset my group?

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Good old Maud shaking her bucket in everyone’s face.

Aye there’s a good chance. The good ol days😂
    Shaking the bucket and screaming at us for smashing the scarves into peoples pints!

I am well paid so i can afford the £800 per ticket but they are asking for payment details by the end of March and there's no way I can pay that soon

it's an unexpected bill at atime when I've just been away and am away to NYC in March - I will have zero spare cash at that time - I am **** with money and just spend it all

So I'm hoping they can hold on a while till they are expecting £1600

I think they should do an OAP package tbh in those seats

I got those seats because my Dad is 73 and he gets a sore bum on the normal seats (he has polymyalgia)
    I've paid monthly direct debit for years JB. Much easier.

Looks like there is a direct debit option for tickets, which is direct with club rather a credit reference type thing so I'll be okay with that
    Got an email back from ticket office pronto - working out of hours

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    I've paid monthly direct debit for years JB. Much easier.
    Yeah I doidn't realise that - that's a relief

@hibs.net private member RMQ1967's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    I'm not sure what the padded seat ticket holders are currently paying? So £800 for home games with access to a paid bar and paid street food. Is that good value?
    I sit in Section 50 currently and myself & a few around me think these seats are the best in the stadium, both for the view (fantastic perspective) & the comfort (bumspace & legroom is enormous & they have armrests).

I knew there would be a hike and for me, the price is just about right for the offering. Any higher and I'd have a big decision.

Didn't expect suite to seat & halftime access so both a major bonus - great to get inside for a pie & coffee.

I'll be taking it on for the first season anyway & see if it seems good value.
    Can understand that it becomes enormously steep for those paying for 2 or 3 family members. The guy that sits next to me is very unimpressed with the pricing as he has a dependant.

Hope it's a great success and will be interesting to see how many take it on.

Promising Youngster Biffa Bacon's Avatar
    So am I correct in saying there is no longer reduced pricing for kids in the new family zone (sections 37/38)? It's just bronze, silver and gold pricing like everywhere else in the stadium?

So, if there's folk in section 37 or 38 who haven't moved and turn out to be bams, I could get them kicked out/banned if they upset my group?
    The rules on inappropriate and offensive behaviour are the same regardless of what section you are in. If you feel someone is breaching the T&Cs of their ticket, it’s your prerogative if you wish to request the club investigate and take action.

@hibs.net private member
    My son and I are in Section 50 and as others have said, it offers a great view down the pitch, we are currently in line with both penalty spots.

However, there is no way we can afford that and half the time my son can't make games because of his shifts and I'm teetotal.

I presume we will be moving!

Quote Originally Posted by Biffa Bacon View Post
    So am I correct in saying there is no longer reduced pricing for kids in the new family zone (sections 37/38)? It's just bronze, silver and gold pricing like everywhere else in the stadium?
    Yes but Bronze prices for children have been reduced to match last years prices in the FFL. With adult prices being cheaper in bronze than they were in the FFL, it will be cheaper for the average family to attend in the family section next season than it was this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Biffa Bacon View Post
    Bronze section is the same price for kids as the old family section pricing.
    More expensive if you choose to put your kid in the silver or gold sections, again no change.
    IMO the seats high in the bronze areas have a far better view of the whole pitch than the old family zone in the FFL.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 15-02-2024 at 08:03 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    well, that's us moved using the "I want to move here" feature.

I was a bit confused in that it wanted £0 on my credit card.

However, I received an email saying that the ticket office will be in contact with the new prices.

There didn't appear too many free seats kinda near to where we used to sit and during boring games, I will look mournfully at my nice padded seat. I may need to take a cushion instead lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    As an oap I paid £280 for my seat in the ff exec, section 50. I can’t see any mention of an oap discount. No way I can afford £800, even if I could I don’t see the value. Drive so can’t drink, food not bothered, a seats nice but not at that price. Quite happy to pay a reasonable price increase but an extra £520?
    Having followed Hibs for nearly 60 years and paid a lot of money to the club, I think a wee discount wouldn’t be asking too much.
    (Without over egging my position, having certain medical conditions mean that the padded seat is a godsend, and a lot off older fans are probably in a similar position).
    Just bring a cushion with you.
    Cost - Free
    and you can get a better seat for your £280 in the East or possibly in the West (as the whole middle section is hospitality seating).

I tried to buy my existing seat and it said seat no longer available
    Have reported it to the club - see what happens
    It only gave me the option to buy one seat and I have two

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    The rules on inappropriate and offensive behaviour are the same regardless of what section you are in. If you feel someone is breaching the T&Cs of their ticket, it’s your prerogative if you wish to request the club investigate and take action.
    Yes but less likely to happen in the first place in current FFL. The club can't call the replacement a family area if it's not like for like. And will there be enough seats if current STs aren't cleared out?

I don't know the answer to that but I'm not organising the move.

@hibs.net private member
    I tried to buy my existing seat and it said seat no longer available
    Have reported it to the club - see what happens
    It only gave me the option to buy one seat and I have two
    I bought two, you just need to re-assign the other one to whomever sits there

Yes but less likely to happen in the first place in current FFL. The club can't call the replacement a family area if it's not like for like. And will there be enough seats if current STs aren't cleared out?

Why not, they quite literally did today when they stated
    "the Famous Five Stand will see the return and revamp of the ‘Behind The Goals’ matchday sports bar on the second floor"

The former 'Behind The Goals' was a season ticket holders bar with no admission cost.
    The new offering has the same name but is a hospitality offering where admission is £300 a season.

The owners will do what they want and supporters will choose to buy the offerings or reject them.
    They will have the 'family area' numbers all worked out.

FWIW I sat in the FFL Family area with my kids and moved to the East when they were older.
    There was no discernable difference in the behaviour of supporters between the stands and I would have been happy to have had my kids sitting in the East Stand.
    Any concerns you may have with the East Stand will be further diluted when all the remaining daft laddies leave for the safe standing area in the summer.

Football grounds are tame places in the all seated era and other changes like more women at games have further improved mens behaviour and language. As such Family Areas could become a thing from footballs past.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 16-02-2024 at 01:39 AM.

How do you know this having never sat there since it’s become the family zone? You don’t seem to have a very high opinion of your fellow fans if you think the rest of the stadium is full of bams.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    I bought two, you just need to re-assign the other one to whomever sits there
    Thanks - it just gives me the option to renew one - but I have regiateeed with the club I want to keep my two so sure all will be cool

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I think it’s going to look really naff having a few blocks of normal seats in front of the rail seats. Why not just do the whole section
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller