hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I'm affected and want to move to section 38 but I don't know if all our group will be renewing. If, in order not to be left in sction 37 I choose seats for all my group just now in section 38, will I be committed to buying them all???

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How much would you be happy to pay?
    Not sure yet, will have to have a think, pension only goes so far so something else will have to lose out. Also my better half would no doubt have some input.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    Not sure yet, will have to have a think, pension only goes so far so something else will have to lose out. Also my better half would no doubt have some input.
    I'm just thinking, that if you're not interested in buying access to the bar, but want to continue with the padded seat, moving to the West might be an option.

It'll probably cost more than your seat in the FF, but it shouldn't be too steep. Assuming that they sell those seats at OAP prices too.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

First Team Breakthrough Broxburn Greens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by j'adorehibs View Post
    mind your language
    I’ll be honest, it’s never stopped me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All very positive. Hopefully makes the club a lot of money and creates a better atmosphere in the ground too.

Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    We’ll adopt a short pole flag policy. Large pole flags won’t be permitted during the game so supporters in different areas of the Famous Five Stand can see the goalmouth uninterrupted.

We’re aware of poor sight lines from the left and right of block 18 in 17 and 19 and have removed seats accordingly to ensure the best views - details of seats removed to accommodate this here - https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/season...ous-five-lower

Block 17

Row F, seats 50 to 52,
    Row G, seats 54 to 56,
    Row H, seats 54 to 56

Block 19

Row F, seats 89 to 91,
    Row G, seats 85 to 87,
    Row H, seats 85 to 87
    How will this all affect capacity? What will the official capacity be after the changes?

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Not everyone who enjoys standing at football matches is a bam.
    The East Standing Section has anywhere between 600 and 1,000 Hibbies who stand every game. We can't all be bams surely?

Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    Unless I’ve missed it…I can’t see any option to move for people currently sat in East 38, (which will become the family zone) that would want to move rather than sit on a family section?
    If you want to remain sat just move along a bit. Just not anywhere near the top of Sections 42 to 44 as everybody stands there.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipper1875 View Post
    Fans sitting in the lower area in front of safe stamp, will have their view blocked , by the central area , which is fully Safe standing. Depending if they need to look to the left or right hand side of the pitch .

Feels badly thought thro . Suprised whole area isn’t safe standing .
    Thought it was an error at first
    Surely you’d safe stand the lower sections as
    1) Standing pitchside has great appeal, and because you’re standing the view is enhanced
    2) would look much better on TV and ergo raise the profile of the club home and abroad (social media pics etc) All you’re going to see now is 4 empty sections next to the middle. Corner kicks with rows of empty seats
    3) Football stadiums since day 1 were always .standing front, seating back. That’s why we had Enclosures
    4) With a standing cohort behind your seats you’re going to feel pretty anxious about what’s going on behind you (or even launched over you)
    5) Just safe stand the whole lower section, what is it 2,000 spaces? Even with 1200-1500 it would still give the impression of a full raucous bouncing end.

Didn’t think it would be possible but we’ve ‘Hibsit’ our Safe Standing

Always f****** half measures

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs90 View Post
    How will this all affect capacity? What will the official capacity be after the changes?
    Think we'll be down circa 150-200 seats in all.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    I’m currently in row J, section 17, which will become the last row of seating before it turns to standing. My son wants to be near the ultras and I can stand up knowing there’s nobody sitting behind me to worry about, while I can also get a seat if I get tired. Don’t think it could have worked out any better for me.
    You’d have a seat regardless
    Safe standing comes with rail seats

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Montford View Post
    I’m probably wrong but I didn’t think that’s how it works. I thought the seat part of the safe standing rails would only be in use when standing isn’t allowed, e.g. in some European games.

@hibs.net private member
    1) Standing pitchside has great appeal, and because you’re standing the view is enhanced
    2) would look much better on TV and ergo raise the profile of the club home and abroad (social media pics etc) All you’re going to see now is 4 empty sections next to the middle. Corner kicks with rows of empty seats
    3) Football stadiums since day 1 were always .standing front, seating back. That’s why we had Enclosures
    4) With a standing cohort behind your seats you’re going to feel pretty anxious about what’s going on behind you (or even launched over you)
    5) Just safe stand the whole lower section, what is it 2,000 spaces? Even with 1200-1500 it would still give the impression of a full raucous bouncing end.

We've put in the amount of safe standing for who expressed interest, if full you'd presume they will increase the year after. I think the front sections could be busy from people who want to be near but in the area. I think I might move there I'll be getting a season for my 5yo so wouldn't want to be standing but she loves the noise so can be close and get a seat. Hibsd it died with a David Gray header making us the last club in Edina to win a trophy

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I’m probably wrong but I didn’t think that’s how it works. I thought the seat part of the safe standing rails would only be in use when standing isn’t allowed, e.g. in some European games.
    Yup

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    They’re locked up unless it’s a European game.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

So me and my dad have two completely different interpretations of the priority window for those affected. To be clear we aren’t affected.

When it says those affected have the priority window to change to “any available seat in the stadium”, I’ve taken that to mean any available seat that doesn’t have a ST against it currently and if any ST isn’t renewed or someone has moved, then those seats then become available during the second priority window.

My dad has taken it to mean that if anyone affected wanted our seat instead, we’d get turfed out. I’m right aren’t I?

Also, with the new BTG and section 50 will the lift be for their exclusive use? We're in section 25 and my dad uses the lift. It has been “broken” the last couple of games and this has made me suspicious as it was mysteriously broken when they moved the singing section to section 25.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    We've put in the amount of safe standing for who expressed interest, if full you'd presume they will increase the year after. I think the front sections could be busy from people who want to be near but in the area. I think I might move there I'll be getting a season for my 5yo so wouldn't want to be standing but she loves the noise so can be close and get a seat. Hibsd it died with a David Gray header making us the last club in Edina to win a trophy
    Would you not rather be seated behind the safe standing ?
    There’s only about 200 seats taken in the bottom section for each game
    This is where the safe standing should be
    Look at Celtic Park. Everyone migrates to the front rows of the safe standing

Testimonial Due FastEddieFelson's Avatar
    We’ll adopt a short pole flag policy. Large pole flags won’t be permitted during the game so supporters in different areas of the Famous Five Stand can see the goalmouth uninterrupted.

We’re aware of poor sight lines from the left and right of block 18 in 17 and 19 and have removed seats accordingly to ensure the best views - details of seats removed to accommodate this here - https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/season...ous-five-lower

Block 17

Row F, seats 50 to 52,
    Row G, seats 54 to 56,
    Row H, seats 54 to 56

Block 19

Row F, seats 89 to 91,
    Row G, seats 85 to 87,
    Row H, seats 85 to 87
    Why haven't we made the whole of the lower section safe standing?

With the setup as it is, sections 16, 17, 19 & 20 will be as empty as they've always been.

Feels odd . Suprised Jsut didn’t make it all safe standing

Would you not rather be seated behind the safe standing ?
    There’s only about 200 seats taken in the bottom section for each game
    This is where the safe standing should be
    Look at Celtic Park. Everyone migrates to the front rows of the safe standing
    You wouldn’t see if there was seating behind the safe standing.

Block 17

Row F, seats 50 to 52,
    Row G, seats 54 to 56,
    Row H, seats 54 to 56

Block 19

Row F, seats 89 to 91,
    Row G, seats 85 to 87,
    Row H, seats 85 to 87
    Thanks for this . All
    blocks will be impacted. I’d be surprised if taking a couple of seats out a row , will me a clear site line . Out of interest what was the thinking in designing it this way
    Last edited by Chipper1875; 15-02-2024 at 06:25 PM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    My dad has taken it to mean that if anyone affected wanted our seat instead, we’d get turfed out. I’m right aren’t I?
    You will be right, that’s a ridiculous idea that they wouldn’t get away with

Just a question about those that currently have STs in section 37 and 38.

Does this mean they're being asked to move*, to make way for the new Family Section?

If not, then is there currently enough empty seats in those two sections for everybody that needs to move out of the FF Lower?

Cheers.

* Asking this on behalf of two current ST holders in section 38

So me and my dad have two completely different interpretations of the priority window for those affected. To be clear we aren’t affected.

When it says those affected have the priority window to change to “any available seat in the stadium”, I’ve taken that to mean any available seat that doesn’t have a ST against it currently and if any ST isn’t renewed or someone has moved, then those seats then become available during the second priority window.

Also, with the new BTG and section 50 will the lift be for their exclusive use? We're in section 25 and my dad uses the lift. It has been “broken” the last couple of games and this has made me suspicious as it was mysteriously broken when they moved the singing section to section 25.
    You are correct is my interpretation.

I do think once folk start moving their seats into other areas for 24/25 as I’ve done then your current seat within the safe standing will be released for someone to buy.

Agree with all of this except the use of the term Hibsd it .

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I'm just thinking, that if you're not interested in buying access to the bar, but want to continue with the padded seat, moving to the West might be an option.

It'll probably cost more than your seat in the FF, but it shouldn't be too steep. Assuming that they sell those seats at OAP prices too.
    Thanks, I’ll look into that

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Just a question about those that currently have STs in section 37 and 38.

Does this mean they're being asked to move*, to make way for the new Family Section?

If not, then is there currently enough empty seats in those two sections for everybody that needs to move out of the FF Lower?

Cheers.

* Asking this on behalf of two current ST holders in section 38
    If all current STs in 37 and 38 aren't moved out then I'm not sure how Hibs can say it's a family zone.

You've got that all half cock mate.

The club know what the potential demand is going to be, right?

They want it fairly busy, yes?

Through their consultation they also know of fans who want to be part of the atmosphere but don't want a 'full Ultra' experience.

So for this, the first season they have gone for a 'Half and Half' approach.

Thinking ahead, either:-

As demand increases they install more sections of rail seating or

Demand stays the same so we don't end up with a large rail section half empty.

Makes complete sense to me.

Oh and take yer Jambo meme and stuff it!

I am well paid so i can afford the £800 per ticket but they are asking for payment details by the end of March and there's no way I can pay that soon

it's an unexpected bill at atime when I've just been away and am away to NYC in March - I will have zero spare cash at that time - I am **** with money and just spend it all

So I'm hoping they can hold on a while till they are expecting £1600

I think they should do an OAP package tbh in those seats

I got those seats because my Dad is 73 and he gets a sore bum on the normal seats (he has polymyalgia)
    Last edited by joe breezy; 15-02-2024 at 06:56 PM.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    I am well paid so i can afford the £800 per ticket but they are asking for payment details by the end of March and there's no way I can pay that soon

it's an unexpected bill at atime when I've just been away and am away to NYC in March - I will have zero spare cash at that time - I am **** with money and just spend it all

So I'm hoping the can hold on a while till they are expecting £1600

I think they should do an OAP package tbh in those seats

I got those seats because my Dad is 73 and he gets a sore bum on the normal seats
    Could you put it on a credit card with a 0% interest free period for purchases? Then pay it off over the period or once you get your next wage.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Could you put it on a credit card with a 0% interest free period for purchases? Then pay it off over the period or once you get your next wage.
    Bad credit rating - had a gambling problem for years - I was expecting to renew in the summer

Fingers crossed there may be some kind of way of doing a part payment or something