hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    So now we have two areas of the ground generating an atmosphere.

JOB DONE!

2. Log in to remove the advert

JOB DONE!

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

JOB DONE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post

JOB DONE!
    Having two posts in recognition of this is very apt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenttwo View Post
    Just a thought. If someone who has the £800 ST can he give it to a friend to use if he or she cannot be at the game
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Of course
    Whilst in practice you can (and I'm sure most folk do), in past seasons terms and conditions from Hibs state that season tickets are non transferrable. Cant find this years but from a few seasons ago this was in the T&C's:

This season ticket is not transferable. It may only be used by the season ticket member detailed on the front in connection with the seat noted, subject to paragraph 6. If it is discovered through the verification process at turnstiles that a season ticket has been transferred to another, the Club reserves the right to confiscate the ticket. If, for example, a child's ticket is used by an adult, the Club reserves the right to cancel the season ticket and no refund shall be given.
    Last edited by LaMotta; 11-03-2024 at 06:15 PM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Whilst in practice you can (and I'm sure most folk do), in past seasons terms and conditions from Hibs state that season tickets are non transferrable. Cant find this years but from a few seasons ago this was in the T&C's:

This season ticket is not transferable. It may only be used by the season ticket member detailed on the front in connection with the seat noted, subject to paragraph 6. If it is discovered through the verification process at turnstiles that a season ticket has been transferred to another, the Club reserves the right to confiscate the ticket. If, for example, a child's ticket is used by an adult, the Club reserves the right to cancel the season ticket and no refund shall be given.
    No way of policing it so ST transfer to a friend if you can’t make it has gone on since ST’s began and will continue to do until they introduce facial recognition entry systems. 😀

The adult using a child’s ticket is far easier to spot if stewards were actually bothered about it.

Behind the goals and Safe Standing

The proper singing support was in the East Stand as usual

Hibs songs rather than orange *******s drum drum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by joe breezy; 12-03-2024 at 02:51 AM.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    I sit at the front of the East, on the half way line. I could barely hear the fans in the FF lower. Similarly, I couldn't hear the Hearts ultras behind their goal at the Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    No way of policing it so ST transfer to a friend if you can’t make it has gone on since ST’s began and will continue to do until they introduce facial recognition entry systems. 😀

The adult using a child’s ticket is far easier to spot if stewards were actually bothered about it.
    Indeed! And I reckon if there was a strict policy enforcing that then season ticket sales would soon start to go down.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    I sit at the front of the East, on the half way line. I could barely hear the fans in the FF lower. Similarly, I couldn't hear the Hearts ultras behind their goal at the Derby.
    I'm at the Dunbar end of the west. Not a peep from our Ultras but n FFL heard but a good noise from the East

In seasons 2010 to 2012 we had one of the loudest home supports in Scotland with around 500 to 750 supporters standing and singing under the roof top right corner in the East Stand. The Old Gantry area had been the source of singing in the old East for decades before.

Since 2013, club management have been pandering to a small minority of 150 Ultras rather than engaging with the main standing section.

The three moves of the wee group, namely:-
    Down the front of the East
    Top right corner of the FF
    Bottom right corner of the East
    have made little improvement to the stadium atmosphere and have also divided our core support.

The answer, according to our enlightened club management?

Move them down the front of the Famous Five where the acoustics are crap, where they will have easy access to the pitch and where the real Hibs songs will still be sung albeit less frequently high up in the East Stand where the acoustics are far better.

The comparisons with continually churning managers and players is striking. Making changes and expecting a different result.

Moving loyal supporters around for a fourth time to enable a tiny clique to enjoy a private party at the club's expense is going to leave a bad taste in the mouth with the Hibs support IMO.
    Last edited by RIP; 14-03-2024 at 08:41 AM.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    In seasons 2010 to 2012 we had one of the loudest home supports in Scotland with around 1,000 to 1,500 supporters standing and singing under the roof top right corner in the East Stand. The Old Gantry area had been the source of singing in the old East for decades before.
    I stood/sat up the back of Section 43 during those seasons and there was nothing like those numbers standing/signing. Having stood under the gantry prior to redevelopment, I don’t think the atmosphere in that area ever replicated what it was was like in the Old East stand. I’ve since moved more centrally, closer to the pitch and have no regrets about the move.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I stood/sat up the back of Section 43 during those seasons and there was nothing like those numbers standing/signing. Having stood under the gantry prior to redevelopment, I don’t think the atmosphere in that area ever replicated what it was was like in the Old East stand. I’ve since moved more centrally, closer to the pitch and have no regrets about the move.
    You are right CG, I've halved the estimates.

Out of interest, did your move away from the Singing Section coincide with the Ultras moves away?

Those changes undoubtedly diluted the atmosphere up there for the supporters who were left behind.

A few of my group also moved away at the same time.
    Last edited by RIP; 14-03-2024 at 08:44 AM.

Coaching Staff
    You are right CG, I've halved the estimates.

Out of interest, did your move away from the Singing Section coincide with the Ultras moves away?

Those changes undoubtedly diluted the atmosphere up there for the supporters who were left behind.

A few of my group also moved away at the same time.
    Sad that Hibs fans feel it necessary to have to distance themselves from other Hibs fans.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Sad that Hibs fans feel it necessary to have to distance themselves from other Hibs fans.

The antics of B7 last night and recent games has made my decision not to move to the new rail seating a very easy one.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    What brings you to that conclusion Lago?

@hibs.net private member
    What brings you to that conclusion Lago?
    If there is an opportunity to be a good distance away from B7 I will take it. They make going to away games unpleasant. The club even say where they are seated and that isn't so others can join them. It seems amazing to me that the club allows them to all be together to give them the safety in numbers feel when they create so many problems for the club and generally are a complete pain to other Hibs supporters. They are a tiny group which is not growing. The FFL will be quieter next year than it is this year and we will cost ourself the cost of a player moving them yet again and changing the seating. The plus side is we might get some atmosphere in the ground as the east is miles better without them

In seasons 2010 to 2012 we had one of the loudest home supports in Scotland with around 500 to 750 supporters standing and singing under the roof top right corner in the East Stand. The Old Gantry area had been the source of singing in the old East for decades before.

Since 2013, club management have been pandering to a small minority of 150 Ultras rather than engaging with the main standing section.

The three moves of the wee group, namely:-
    Down the front of the East
    Top right corner of the FF
    Bottom right corner of the East
    have made little improvement to the stadium atmosphere and have also divided our core support.

The answer, according to our enlightened club management?

Move them down the front of the Famous Five where the acoustics are crap, where they will have easy access to the pitch and where the real Hibs songs will still be sung albeit less frequently high up in the East Stand where the acoustics are far better.

The comparisons with continually churning managers and players is striking. Making changes and expecting a different result.

Moving loyal supporters around for a fourth time to enable a tiny clique to enjoy a private party at the club's expense is going to leave a bad taste in the mouth with the Hibs support IMO.