hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It feels like a season that is about preparing for next year. The important thing is for the manager to keep his job and build a squad. He made a big step changing systems and that has given him some leeway
    Every season these days seems to feel like a "transitional" season preparing for next year ...

2. Log in to remove the advert

6th with some distance closed on 5th and 4th would be great, two decent games coming up for a chance of some points on the board.

We're only 3 points behind Dundee. who are in 6th place, and have nine games until the split..

With the number of new signings, players returning from injury and (finally) the variation in our setup, there's no good reason for us to be finishing in the bottom six.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I think the next six games are absolutely crucial to the season. We have very little margin for error now and need to be getting wins on the board. Draws are not going to be much use unless it's a point gained in a game we're not expecting to win.

We've got:

Aberdeen (A)
    Dundee (H)
    Hearts (A)
    Ross County (H)
    Rangers (H) (Scottish Cup)
    Ross County (A)

For me, I think we need to be taking 10 points minimum from the 5 league games. I think we'll lose in the cup, but if we're in good form going into that game I wouldn't be that surprised to see us turn up against Rangers, particularly if they've had a European game in the midweek.

Anything less than 10 points and I think we're in real danger of missing out on top 6, obviously depending on how other teams around us do. The next three games are all very hard to call, definitely 'could go either way' fixtures, and other than Ross County, there are none there where we're clear favourites based on form this season.
    So far so good Matty. Other results have gone our way too.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    So far so good Matty. Other results have gone our way too.
    Could have been 12pts if we got a pen at Aberdeen and then the Hearts dive cost is too. Those extra 4 points would have us 3 behind Killie and 4 behind St Mirren, with a game in hand.

We’d also be 5 ahead of Dundee instead of just 1 point too.

Just how costly will those decisions be in a few games time.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    Could have been 12pts if we got a pen at Aberdeen and then the Hearts dive cost is too. Those extra 4 points would have us 3 behind Killie and 4 behind St Mirren, with a game in hand.

We’d also be 5 ahead of Dundee instead of just 1 point too.

Just how costly will those decisions be in a few games time.
    I know every team will point to bad refereeing decisions that have gone against them but we have had some really significant ones this season either going against us or not given for us.

These are calls that will potentially cost the club hundreds of thousands of pounds, as well as league placings.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I know every team will point to bad refereeing decisions that have gone against them but we have had some really significant ones this season either going against us or not given for us.

These are calls that will potentially cost the club hundreds of thousands of pounds, as well as league placings.
    Someone said on Saturday that VAR has never stopped the game to award Hibs a penalty. Dunno if that is true or not.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Someone said on Saturday that VAR has never stopped the game to award Hibs a penalty. Dunno if that is true or not.

We've been awarded 3 penalties so far this season, so I doubt it.

Just for comparison, penalties awarded:

Celtc: 13
    Der Hun: 12
    St Mirren: 9
    Hearts: 7
    Livi: 7

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    We've been awarded 3 penalties so far this season, so I doubt it.

Just for comparison, penalties awarded:

Celtc: 13
    Der Hun: 12
    St Mirren: 9
    Hearts: 7
    Livi: 7
    Yes, but were those pens given by the ref on the pitch or did VAR interupt the proceedings to give us any of those.

Just asking, btw, it wasn't my assertion.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Yes, but were those pens given by the ref on the pitch or did VAR interupt the proceedings to give us any of those.

Just asking, btw, it wasn't my assertion.

I don’t think we have. I’d also go as far as to say there hasn’t even been a potential one checked before last weekends game and I’m being serious when I say that.

To get the thread back on track, we really should be looking at 10 points from the remaining fixtures. Rangers away league game will depend on how our confidence is after the cup game. Assuming we take nothing ( and that's not to say I don't think we're capable) then 10 points from ross county, living, st Johnston and motherwell should be very doable and see us ease into top 6 and pull back on st mirren and killie

Quote Originally Posted by Keepthefaith View Post
    To get the thread back on track, we really should be looking at 10 points from the remaining fixtures. Rangers away league game will depend on how our confidence is after the cup game. Assuming we take nothing ( and that's not to say I don't think we're capable) then 10 points from ross county, living, st Johnston and motherwell should be very doable and see us ease into top 6 and pull back on st mirren and killie
    My guess is we'll be within touching distance of St Mirren and Kilmarnock before the split, and depending on the fixtures, will pass either one or (hopefully) both by the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Keepthefaith View Post
    10 points from the 4 games you mention is definitely doable ( as is 12 points ) but I think pretty optimistic . RC in Dingwall is never easy and coming 3 days after a tough cup tie for us even more so , Livi and St J at home we`d hope to win but doubt people would be surprised if we don`t and we certainly don`t want to go to Motherwell needing to win or even draw to make top 6 especially as Motherwell will probably be our main rivals for top 6 . This is all assuming club and players are desperate to make top 6 and challenge for Europe . Last season we scraped into the top 6 after an apathetic draw in Perth and other results went our way . Hopefully there`ll be more urgency this season even if we`re still in cup after next week .

Yes, and not just the ones recently … there were a fair few before. It all piles up and has an effect .. but then that’s the intention. But no doubt someone will pop up with the old paranoia quotes soon enough, regardless of the mounting evidence 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by cubehindthegoal View Post
    Yes, and not just the ones recently … there were a fair few before. It all piles up and has an effect .. but then that’s the intention. But no doubt someone will pop up with the old paranoia quotes soon enough, regardless of the mounting evidence 🙄
    Are you paranoid when the illegitimates in black really are out to get you?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Nah don’t think that’s true.

Home game against maybe St Mirren last season when Cadden shot and a defender hand balled it. Also McKirdy shot away to Aberdeen after the split where it’s deflected onto the post, penalty given and Nisbet missed it.

We’ve been shafted plenty of times but we’ve had a few calls

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Nah don’t think that’s true.

Home game against maybe St Mirren last season when Cadden shot and a defender hand balled it. Also McKirdy shot away to Aberdeen after the split where it’s deflected onto the post, penalty given and Nisbet missed it.

We’ve been shafted plenty of times but we’ve had a few calls
    Yeah you're right on those two. Both from last season.

Is two, a few?

Yeah you're right on those two. Both from last season.

Is two, a few?

It's too few. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    It's too few.
    Hehe