hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    List since Var came in. Videos linked for older clips to jog memory.

VAR Gets it obviously wrong against us:

I've probably missed some.

Another dodgy one is the Boyle offside in the semi v Sheep. Camera at Hampdens' missing so lines drawn from a ridiculous angle. Still not convinced he was off. Also Vente challenged by keeper in same game, no pen - same challenge next day penalty to Rangers.

When has it genuinely helped us? Not very often. 2 red cards v Killie - both debatable but not clear errors. Red Card for Cochrane in derby at Tynie, but then takes away pen, so mixed. Not really a great benefit as Red was the right decision. Have I missed any in our favour? If I have it wont come near to equalling the list above.
    Hearts defender should have been sent off in the derby, handball stopping a goal attempt.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hibs get it worse than any other club, but when you say it to supporters of other teams you sound like a clown, but it is true, we get shafted constantly, very rarely do we get a decision for us that swings a game.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Hearts defender should have been sent off in the derby, handball stopping a goal attempt.

You are right - I have added that.

Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    Hibs get it worse than any other club, but when you say it to supporters of other teams you sound like a clown, but it is true, we get shafted constantly, very rarely do we get a decision for us that swings a game.
    I think that Dundee and Killie particularly have had a few dodgy ones. Livvy def have recently (McCausland dive!?!?). Hearts have a had a fair few for them, but also some shockers against.

I think there is no doubt we have had the most against us, but as a club we haven't really shouted about it. Johnson did last season a bit. Monty has been silent until last night.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Another dodgy one is the Boyle offside in the semi v Sheep. Camera at Hampdens' missing so lines drawn from a ridiculous angle. Still not convinced he was off. Also Vente challenged by keeper in same game, no pen - same challenge next day penalty to Rangers.

When has it genuinely helped us? Not very often. 2 red cards v Killie - both debatable but not clear errors. Red Card for Cochrane in derby at Tynie, but then takes away pen, so mixed. Not really a great benefit as Red was the right decision. Have I missed any in our favour? If I have it wont come near to equalling the list above.
    I asked for fans of other teams to share decisions that had gone against them when they were playing us and the only one that I got was Holt's red card for Livi last season, which, to be honest, I think was the right decision.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I asked for fans of other teams to share decisions that had gone against them when they were playing us and the only one that I got was Holt's red card for Livi last season, which, to be honest, I think was the right decision.
    Yeh think that whilst he was unlucky - it is a red these days. Quite telling that was the only one you uncovered. It's very strange.

FWIW Jambo pal in the work recognises that we get it tight on general. He watched the whole game on telly last night and actually came over to me to say last night was particularly brutal. Not that he loses any sleep over it. Remember they in general don't do well decision wise against the cheeks. While IMHO they get soft awards when playing the rest of the clubs.

someone needs to send this in to Ben and ask how we are going to ask some awkward questions. must include how the Boyle trip wasn't reviewed, their handball wasn't either or the tug on Maolida. I do think Joe's challenge was a pen, which is really unfortunate given what a good game he had, but I agree we seem to be disproportionately impacted by VAR ignoring our claims whilst bending over backwards to give decisions against us. just sick of it!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepthefaith View Post
    someone needs to send this in to Ben and ask how we are going to ask some awkward questions. must include how the Boyle trip wasn't reviewed, their handball wasn't either or the tug on Maolida. I do think Joe's challenge was a pen, which is really unfortunate given what a good game he had, but I agree we seem to be disproportionately impacted by VAR ignoring our claims whilst bending over backwards to give decisions against us. just sick of it!
    They’re handball couldn’t have been reviewed, that’s one that you’d need several looks at to see exactly where the contact was - it looks like it could have
    hit him in the face but also looks like it came off his arm - there’s no way that could have been forensically checked to the extent that the penalty at the end of the match was in the time between the incident and play restarting.

Hibs should be all over this and the Boyle one, I’m still raging about that.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    They’re handball couldn’t have been reviewed, that’s one that you’d need several looks at to see exactly where the contact was - it looks like it could have
    hit him in the face but also looks like it came off his arm - there’s no way that could have been forensically checked to the extent that the penalty at the end of the match was in the time between the incident and play restarting.

Hibs should be all over this and the Boyle one, I’m still raging about that.
    Yeh on that Ralston handball - you are right you cant actually tell if it hits his hand or face. But they didn't even stop to check it all as in sometimes the ref puts hand to ear and halts the game until check over - and screen and Baz Wilkins will tell you they are looking at it. Then they might dismiss it fairly quickly or have a proper look and give it. This didn't even get that. Neither did the Boyle one.

Yet you feel like they are desperate to find incidents up the other end.

I remember VAR giving us a goal at Livi that was flagged for offside last season but I’m struggling to think of any other times we have benefitted that haven’t been mentioned already.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Yeh on that Ralston handball - you are right you cant actually tell if it hits his hand or face. But they didn't even stop to check it all as in sometimes the ref puts hand to ear and halts the game until check over - and screen and Baz Wilkins will tell you they are looking at it. Then they might dismiss it fairly quickly or have a proper look and give it. This didn't even get that. Neither did the Boyle one.

Yet you feel like they are desperate to find incidents up the other end.
    Thought it was definitely arm and seemed to come off the defender next to him first. How that wasn't looked at was incredible on a night of incredible var decisions by Mr Dallas.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    ...also Cummings in the 2 all Scottish Cup game, not offside. Jordan Foster goal called offside when he was 4 or 5 yards on. Darren McGregor header at ER.

And there's a lot more than that in derbies at least three retrospective red cards all in the first half of games we didn't win. Collum reffed two of them.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Youan sent off at Celtic for being fouled himself - second yellow, not sure if VAR can intervene - but if not why not
    I agree that this seems unfair, but the problem is that if VAR could intervene on second yellows, it would also have to check and potentially overrule every single possible yellow-card incident.

Otherwise, what happens if Youan's non-booking is the first one, but then he gets a second later that's nailed on?

John O'Neil's laces coming undone.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    The one that always gets me riled and not many people remember it is a midweek game against Celtc, John O'Neil dinked the ball past someone, got it on the other side and got brought down for a penalty, the linesman gave offside even though O'Neil had passed to himself, Martin O'Neil had basically run up the touchline and put the linesmans flag up for him

Ulrik Laursen lying on the pitch in the box with both hands on the deck at Ibrox. Rangers player shoots and it hits him on the arm. Guess what happens next?

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillsidehibby View Post
    Ulrik Laursen lying on the pitch in the box with both hands on the deck at Ibrox. Rangers player shoots and it hits him on the arm. Guess what happens next?
    That was at Easter Road. Mike McCurry at his finest

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    I agree that this seems unfair, but the problem is that if VAR could intervene on second yellows, it would also have to check and potentially overrule every single possible yellow-card incident.

Otherwise, what happens if Youan's non-booking is the first one, but then he gets a second later that's nailed on?
    Yes fair points you are right. That one boils down to sheer incompetence from Steven McLean. I suppose it also adds to the pointlessness of VAR as it only sometimes gets involved in game changing decisions.

The Griffiths one has always stood out for me as one of the worst ever decisions against Hibs and in the highlights package Craig Gordon was going on about how there was nothing wrong with the decision to disallow it, and that sums that ****in dick up, regardless of how good a keeper he is.

Wasn’t the penalty Hearts got against us in the NY derby last year dodgy? Goal disallowed (for offside) so they bring it back for a different foul (Rocky handball?) which occurred after the ref had already blown. May have misremembered the sequence of events.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsidehibby View Post
    This one for me, but it was at ER. Mike McCurry aka the Simply the Best pastor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    Wasn’t the penalty Hearts got against us in the NY derby last year dodgy? Goal disallowed (for offside) so they bring it back for a different foul (Rocky handball?) which occurred after the ref had already blown. May have misremembered the sequence of events.

I think that one was fair game in terms of the sequence of events etc - there was however a very strong shout for a foul on Joe Newell before the handball by Rocky. It was of course ignored by VAR but had other teams been involved I think we know it would have been picked up on.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    The Leigh Griffiths free kick against Hearts that was two feet over the line.
    This one and Falkirk at ER in the playoffs when the boy put his hand on the ball and rolled it towards him in the box. To make it worse, the boy trips Henderson up off the ball afterwards in the middle of the box for no apparent reason. 2 stonewallers in about 3 seconds.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 09-02-2024 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    This one and Falkirk at ER in the playoffs when the boy put his hand on the ball and rolled it towards him in the box. To make it worse, the boy trips Henderson up afterwards in the middle of the box for no apparent reason. 2 stonewallers in about 3 seconds.
    Saw this thread and was going to post the same incident(s). Had a perfect view of the handball. Still do not believe the referee didn't give that. It was the very definition of blatant

How many times did Hibs ever stand up for themselves and make any sort of push back.?

Many of these decisions are
    utterly scandalous and something Hearts and Aberdeen would never stand for.

Its OK the answer is absolutely "Hee Haw" brought to you from the SPL's sappiest club by far.😪

Craig Thomson, whose bias against us was proven years ago on here by some very in depth statistical analysis, coincidently stopped his nonsense in Hibs games just as the Romanov money dried up over the road.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Also forgot about the two yellow cards and no red card game, thought I was ready to spontaneously combust that day

Rangers second goal when they beat us 2-0 in the Championship, first season we were down. Paul Hanlon got clattered midair and Collum just shrugged his shoulders. Most baffled I've ever been by a non-foul.

First Team Breakthrough Dobosz83's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dobosz1983
    Hearts 2012 penalty in THAT game. The shirt pull wasn't even close to the box, it was actually miles outside and it got glossed over due to how poorly we played. It was almost justified for that reason.

I also remember Ryan Stevenson clattering James McPake at Tynecastle in what was a straight red everyday off the week, studs up lunge around knee height... Naturally, he never saw red until the retrospective action kicked in after. Pretty sure we lost that game.