hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bad decisions against Hibs

I'm not going to far back for mine which would be the goal Ross county got when Marshall was taken out or the penalty we should have had for a clear handball at Ibrox when we lead 2-1 .

Had our fair share of them over the years tbh . Is there any others that stick in your mind as being bad?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not going to far back for mine which would be the goal Ross county got when Marshall was taken out or the penalty we should have had for a clear handball at Ibrox when we lead 2-1 .

Had our fair share of them over the years tbh . Is there any others that stick in your mind as being bad?
    Did Joe newell no get kicked in the head in the penalty area at ibrox and we got nothing.

I dare say every club could point to an incident, but we seem to be the whipping boys of the VAR system, I would be pleased to seethe back of it, justification to bias.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    Did Joe newell no get kicked in the head in the penalty area at ibrox and we got nothing.
    Yes he did, booted right in the head and a clear penalty appeal brushed under the carpet.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    I dare say every club could point to an incident, but we seem to be the whipping boys of the VAR system, I would be pleased to seethe back of it, justification to bias.
    Spot on in both points. Every team thinks everything is against them. Bizarrely even both of the uglies. Always laugh when I hear them going on about refereeing decisions.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    A 5-1 defeat to Aberdeen at home many years ago. The referee was some grey Einstein haired mother****er called Ferguson I recall.

In one game I think he managed to give them a penalty that wasn't, deny us a penalty that was, give them an offside goal, deny us an onside goal and liberally book Hibs players while avoiding any damage to Aberdeen. it may actually have been even worse than that.

Never been more angry at a game. Only time I seriously thought about waiting outside afterwards to give him a piece of my mind.

It would be great if someone had the time and access to footage to put a video together of the ones we should have got and ones that were given against us.

The trouble is the officials and the west coast commentators can always find a way to justify their decisions. If its for us then its not enough contact to award it, if its against the old firm then there was contact so the ref had to give it etc. The problem I have is the amount of times we don’t get a review and our bad calls seem to be happening against every team with nothing coming back our way. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    Couldn't actually remember that though see B4B-U says he did though , it did make me remember Morelos stamp on porto which he got away with at the time i think 🤔

Coaching Staff
    I don’t even think the first penalty was a penalty and totally agree with NM. The ball is a contested ball which both players go for and there’s a clash of heads - one player cones off worst. For me it’s a drop ball in the box. Second one was a penalty, all the more hauling that Kyogo’s shot was straight at Marsh and I don’t think Joe’s tackle was necessary or changed any direction of the shot.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    The Leigh Griffiths free kick against Hearts that was two feet over the line.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I don’t even think the first penalty was a penalty and totally agree with NM. The ball is a contested ball which both players go for and there’s a clash of heads - one player cones off worst. For me it’s a drop ball in the box. Second one was a penalty, all the more hauling that Kyogo’s shot was straight at Marsh and I don’t think Joe’s tackle was necessary or changed any direction of the shot.
    Rodgers said he'd no idea what the first was given for as well.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    A 5-1 defeat to Aberdeen at home many years ago. The referee was some grey Einstein haired mother****er called Ferguson I recall.

In one game I think he managed to give them a penalty that wasn't, deny us a penalty that was, give them an offside goal, deny us an onside goal and liberally book Hibs players while avoiding any damage to Aberdeen. it may actually have been even worse than that.

Never been more angry at a game. Only time I seriously thought about waiting outside afterwards to give him a piece of my mind.
    I remember that game, was an absolute disgrace, even Alex Ferguson was embarrassed

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    I remember that game, was an absolute disgrace, even Alex Ferguson was embarrassed
    Nick Walsh couldn’t wait to give it, also pulling Obita up ‘for a word’ just so he gets a wee close up on Sky too - his yellow was out before Martin landed on the deck too (if MB hadn’t been so theatric and just gone down it would have gone to VAR and it’s a penalty) - if Lennon thought Walsh had a great game then he’s clearly back on the bevvy !!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Rodgers said he'd no idea what the first was given for as well.
    At least he's being honest, I still can't get over losing that game the first penalty was a joke, the second one would never have been given if it wasn't for VAR, it was a sign of the times we are living.

On Wednesday Celtic had the highest foul count (in BBC Stats)of any SPFL team at 18-we had 14. Quiz question -which team had 4 yellow cards and which team had 2?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    At least he's being honest, I still can't get over losing that game the first penalty was a joke, the second one would never have been given if it wasn't for VAR, it was a sign of the times we are living.
    It’s a good use of VAR though as it was a penalty - the ineptness of how we run it here is there wasn’t even checks for the first one or Martin’s. That’s the fault in the system here, the officials. Hibs should grow a pair and challenge that.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

Rangers scoring whilst Andy Goram was knocked unconscious (was it Hateley?).

Hateley elbowing GBH to be left alone to slot home. There’s a theme there he was an absolute beast.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    That's one of the worst along with the Paul Fenwick/Bobo Balde incident.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    I remember that being the first time I was able to access a still image within a minute or so which showed the ball a yard over the goal line.

Felt like space age technology being sent a photo on the phone from a friend watching on TV. As the image was shared with those sat around you could see others with similar technology passing phones about before the East was a sea of red faces as blood pressure rose and anger erupted as the miscarriage of justice became clear!

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I remember that being the first time I was able to access a still image within a minute or so which showed the ball a yard over the goal line.

Felt like space age technology being sent a photo on the phone from a friend watching on TV. As the image was shared with those sat around you could see others with similar technology passing phones about before the East was a sea of red faces as blood pressure rose and anger erupted as the miscarriage of justice became clear!
    Linesman told the players it wasn't over then after said he hadn't seen.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

If last night was flipped and the Celtic guy headed a Hibs defender like that it wouldnt be seen as a foul.
    How can an unfortunate clash of heads be given as afoul?
    In every clash of of heads someone goes in with a bit more force.
    Havent seen anyone penalised for it for a penalty until last night.
    Then the second one.If it was us it wouldnt have been mentioned and swept under the carpet.
    I wonder if the var team are listening to the commentators as they watch?

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Was Olly Shaw’s shot at Tiny no over the line ?

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Was Olly Shaw’s shot at Tiny no over the line ?
    ...also Cummings in the 2 all Scottish Cup game, not offside. Jordan Foster goal called offside when he was 4 or 5 yards on. Darren McGregor header at ER.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Referee allowing play to continue at Parkhead when Jim Leighton was off injured and Hibs were contemplating putting Darren Jackson in goal effectively a free hit

Who knew ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    The best and most appropriate typo or auto-correct I’ve seen for a while.

Since the introduction of VAR, the ones I remember that stand out.

1. Aberdeen away, duk penalty.
    2. Foul on Marshall away at Ross county.
    3. Jeggo sent off at mcdirmaid park.
    4. Foul on vente for Killie goal
    5. Boyle semi final
    6. Penalty given to st mirren in paisley
    7. Boyle last night
    8. Hand ball last night .

Probably many,many more but that's just off the top of my head . Loads of points lost during that run due to these decisions

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    ...also Cummings in the 2 all Scottish Cup game, not offside. Jordan Foster goal called offside when he was 4 or 5 yards on. Darren McGregor header at ER.

Can only think of one equivalent bad decision for them - Dikamona last minute header ruled out because one of their offside players was ostensibly interfering with play.

That's it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    If last night was flipped and the Celtic guy headed a Hibs defender like that it wouldnt be seen as a foul.
    How can an unfortunate clash of heads be given as afoul?
    In every clash of of heads someone goes in with a bit more force.
    Havent seen anyone penalised for it for a penalty until last night.
    Then the second one.If it was us it wouldnt have been mentioned and swept under the carpet.
    I wonder if the var team are listening to the commentators as they watch?
    First time I have seen a penalty like the first too. If you use the explanation some of the pundits did that it was like a tackle with a player arriving slightly late then that would be applied to any part of the body surely. Barring free headers there would be a foul every time a player headed the ball. I'd bet we won't ever see one of those again and no chance any team outside the Uglies gets that award. The winner was another that you will see lots of similar tackles where the shot gets away and there is contact afterwards. Our two were far more obvious penalties and we ended up with a player booked.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    List since Var came in. Videos linked for older clips to jog memory.

VAR Gets it obviously wrong against us:

I've probably missed some.

Another dodgy one is the Boyle offside in the semi v Sheep. Camera at Hampdens' missing so lines drawn from a ridiculous angle. Still not convinced he was off. Also Vente challenged by keeper in same game, no pen - same challenge next day penalty to Rangers.

When has it genuinely helped us? Not very often. 2 red cards v Killie - both debatable but not clear errors. Red Card for Cochrane in derby at Tynie, but then takes away pen, so mixed. Not really a great benefit as Red was the right decision. Have I missed any in our favour? If I have it wont come near to equalling the list above.
    Last edited by LaMotta; 08-02-2024 at 09:32 PM.