hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: SPFL Governance

SPFL Governance

Six clubs have voiced serious concerns over the governance of the SPFL

https://planetradio.co.uk/clyde/sport/football-news/six-premiership-clubs-criticise-spfl/

I wonder why we've not put our name to this? Scared we wouldn't get SPFL approval for BK investment?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

https://planetradio.co.uk/clyde/sport/football-news/six-premiership-clubs-criticise-spfl/

I wonder why we've not put our name to this? Scared we wouldn't get SPFL approval for BK investment?
    We didn’t need SPFL approval for the BK investment.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar

It’s the SFA who approved the investment not the SPFL

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar

https://planetradio.co.uk/clyde/spor...riticise-spfl/

That was the SFA.

Left by mutual consent!
    Rangers are on the list so that would rule me out of anything said straight away even if its reasonable complaints which it wont be.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    Rangers are on the list so that would rule me out of anything said straight away even if its reasonable complaints which it wont be.
    For once I agree with Rangers. The SPFL set up an “independent “investigation of the way things are done and then announced,without showing it to the clubs,that everything is hunky dory in a press release. Talk about marking your own homework.

@hibs.net private member
    Would like a bit more depth on this. Who is the one club who had an opportunity to input into the report’s investigation. The obvious guess is Celtic which leads onto the next question.

Why have Hibs, Hearts, Kilmarnock, Ross County and the two Dundee clubs not signed this letter? Why no lower league clubs?

The two clubs i trust the least are Celtic and Rangers by a long shot. Im also still not over Aberdeens failure to change the voting structure. The fact that only one of the old firm has come out with this doesn’t help me know where to stand 😂

Rangers spearheading this, probably claiming it's for the good of the game. That's when alarm bells go off for me as it's always a signal that it's for the good of Rangers, not everyone else.

Article references they've been leading calls for change since the cinch sponsorship fallout. They been at it longer than that, they've been after Doncaster since ever since they were formed after oldco went pop. The Covid (non) smoking gun fiasco was all about trying to get rid of him. I'm pretty sure the cinch deal had to get reduced because of them meaning it cost all the SPFL clubs money.

For all the flaws of the current SPFL set up, instinct tells me we're better off as we are if Rangers are pushing for change.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul1642 View Post
    Would like a bit more depth on this. Who is the one club who had an opportunity to input into the report’s investigation. The obvious guess is Celtic which leads onto the next question.

Why have Hibs, Hearts, Kilmarnock, Ross County and the two Dundee clubs not signed this letter? Why no lower league clubs?

The two clubs i trust the least are Celtic and Rangers by a long shot. Im also still not over Aberdeens failure to change the voting structure. The fact that only one of the old firm has come out with this doesn’t help me know where to stand 😂
    I heard the one club was Aberdeen.

Although this whole episode has me frankly baffled and I don’t know what has happened, who has an axe to grind or why.

It just seems like a storm in a tea cup, some angry noises, the odd statement and some incompetent and opaque administrator obfuscating.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    rangers and celtic only care about whats best for them, their sole aim is to do better than the other one and not give a **** about rest of scotland, they do what they want and get away with it.

Lets be honest apart from a cup win now and then the rest of clubs are playing for what? 3rd place
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    rangers and celtic only care about whats best for them, their sole aim is to do better than the other one and not give a **** about rest of scotland, they do what they want and get away with it.

Lets be honest apart from a cup win now and then the rest of clubs are playing for what? 3rd place
    Some clubs are playing desperately each year just to avoid relegation. Some play for the top six. Some are just grateful to be in existence. Some are looking for the holy grail, the local youngster that they can develop to sell on for big bucks. Some are delighted to host a big club like Hibernian in a cup draw. All sorts of reasons why clubs exist. I'd have bitten yer hand off for 3rd this year, instead I'd love to go on as far as we can in the Scottish Cup, and make the top six at this point, winning the Cup again would be a dream. One day the old firm might not be here, and us, hearts and aberdeen will be the clubs that win the league every year. Its all about context, dreams and hope, and supporting yer local club.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Six clubs out of what 40

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Six clubs out of what 40
    Think it's 42 now.

Which makes your point even more relevant.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.