hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only way to stop this is strict liability.

Which we voted against.
    Agreed but times change. Get it back on the agenda.
    The ugly sister turning the place into something akin to a scene from a Vietnam war movie is something the ugly sisters need to sort or pay the price for.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I’m sure they’re doing what they are told to do.
    Sure they are, but the point is the shocking scenes in the way end 🤷

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Regarding pyro, the sensible solution is safe areas for pyro as in US football. No chance that the SFA snd SPFL will be so sensible unfortunately.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 8 7 5 View Post
    Agreed. Half it for their next visit. If it continues, half it again for the one after. Same for their blue pals.
    Why do we continue to make this suggestion, we can't afford it. We can't even sell out the home end. Also millions in debt, so great idea.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    We were entering the seating area just as the Celtic pyro display was getting underway. The steward at our entranceway was absolutely loving the display and indeed actually directed us to look at it as we were about to find our seats. A quick lecture was delivered to him as to the dangers of flares in stadium and the consequences for anyone nearby with breathing issues.

When home fans are having to give the stewards a talking to for their fawning of the away support and their breaking of ground rules and regulations, the game is a bogey.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    We need a water cannon parked at the away end, as soon as the pyros appear the cannon extinguishes them….problem solved.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    We need a water cannon parked at the away end, as soon as the pyros appear the cannon extinguishes them….problem solved.
    Would that not encourage more Rantic fans to attend as they know they get a wash?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post

Funnily enough, I was going to suggest fitting a sprinkler system across the whole of the South Stand roof.

Left by mutual consent!
    The thing that will work is to ban them but Hibs like all the other clubs in Scotland would never entertain that idea due to money even though 4 full away ends per season versus them and the hun would probably come to one McKirdy income wise so its not exactly vital income.

The other option is to give them the majority of the stadium and charge them obscene ticket prices which we could label the bigot tax.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    I'm sure we pay for the stewarding. Do we not have to contribute to policing costs too?

In any case, its long overdue that we see some proper crowd control and risk prevention regarding the away fans at ER. Whether over sectarian behaviour, fire risk or dangerously overcrowding by dodging barriers.

And BTW for any Celtc fans looking in no I don't hate the royal family, I'm ambivalent about them. But I absolutely ****ing detest you, your 'Ra ***** and your dishonest mirroring of your incestous ugly twin sister. You're no different from them, you're cheeks of the same arse and Scottish refereeing is the sphincter in the middle. Clap that you artificially inflated, hate-infested, corrupting bunch of protected, cheating, 'victims'.
    Ooft

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Unwashed AND unsegregated. Quite the combination.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibees View Post
    Stewards have tried to search my 13 year old daughter at the last 2 home games and swiftly got told to **** off (by me, not her 👀)
    Yeah me too. Just for general information, I spoke to a sia badged supervisor and their policy is that they shouldn't be searching minors

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Helensburghhibs View Post
    Yeah me too. Just for general information, I spoke to a sia badged supervisor and their policy is that they shouldn't be searching minors
    Yeah that happened at the game last week where a female went to search her but a head steward type guy told her not to as she is underage. Last night it was a male steward who tried and got told to bolt

Quote Originally Posted by Helensburghhibs View Post
    That will be another way for Celgers supporters to get flares into Easter Road.
    Add that to the ones that bring them in between their butt cheeks, cleavage etc and we have an ongoing issue.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 08-02-2024 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Regarding pyro, the sensible solution is safe areas for pyro as in US football. No chance that the SFA snd SPFL will be so sensible unfortunately.
    Will need to be baldies only

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Probably, but that doesn't make it right. The point is, why is anyone saying you can't have a bottle of juice in the car park?!!

It's ridiculous if that is somehow a Hibs' policy.

Stewards are meant to be there to help us but it rarely feels that way. Why is anyone searching a kids bag when they walk through the gates near the ticket office for example?
    IIRC there are buckets or there used to be buckets at the entrance to the turnstiles. This was to allow those who were drinking from prohibited containers to get rid before they entered the stadium.

From my previous experience the stewards shouldn’t be approaching folk external to the stadium ie in the car park or footpath and trying to take it from them. They have no power. Especially a drink of juice.

Sounds like a jobs worth.

What I will say I’ve never seen any signs in or around that area stating you cannot have a drink of juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Row H View Post
    Unwashed AND unsegregated. Quite the combination.
    So 3,800 tickets sold. Just how many extra bodies got in for nowt?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    Sure they are, but the point is the shocking scenes in the way end 🤷
    Not on the post I was replying to. 🤷

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs3-2 View Post
    Simple fact is we cant afford to
    We’re getting to the point that we can’t afford to because we did nothing about it when we could afford to.

Hibs are starting to reap what they’ve sown with these games at ER - packed, bouncing, overpopulated an uncontrollable away ends and sparsely populated home ends with a few die hards and a few who are yet to understand sunken cost fallacy.

It’s a shame because on nights like last night the team deserve better if they’re going to put that much into a game.