hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Two tiered policing of Easter Road.

On the pitch, there's quite evidently a two tiered refereeing policy in Scottish football.

Off the pitch, there seems to be a similar approach to policing certain teams and their support.

That's now both of the Old Firm turned Easter Road into something resembling bonfire night in the last few weeks, whilst, only last night, two burly stewards routed through the little handbag of my 14 year old niece!

Their support force entry, overcrowd the stand, take banned pyro into the stadium and hang flags wherever they wish. They're a law unto themselves, and each week the authorities (and the other clubs) help facilitate their behaviour by turning a blind eye.

To add insult to injury, we then have the continued silence from our own club on the matter, and them having the cheek to turn down requests for a tifo from their own support.

It's about time this spineless shower of a board spoke up, instead of being complicit in the whole sham - be it refereeing or policing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    The only way to stop this is strict liability.

Which we voted against.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

We've heard all the talk but the talks turned into nothing, a celtic fans hair was set on fire in the away end last night, it needs clamped down on before someone's seriously hurt

Quote Originally Posted by LunasBoots View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We've heard all the talk but the talks turned into nothing, a celtic fans hair was set on fire in the away end last night, it needs clamped down on before someone's seriously hurt
    Bojang was in their end?!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Bojang is a celtic fan?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Some of there stewards at ER are a disgrace.

Last 2 games I've had them try to take a bottle of juice off me when standing in the car par behind the main stand.

Not in the stand or the queue at the turnstiles mind, just standing around having a vape and a drink before going into the ground. One of them was even trying to find a police officer to help him when I refused to give him my Fanta!

What the actual f???

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post

Which we voted against.
    How long ago though? Surely this is something the clubs need to revisit

@hibs.net private member
    Stewards have tried to search my 13 year old daughter at the last 2 home games and swiftly got told to **** off (by me, not her 👀)

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

Last 2 games I've had them try to take a bottle of juice off me when standing in the car par behind the main stand.

Not in the stand or the queue at the turnstiles mind, just standing around having a vape and a drink before going into the ground. One of them was even trying to find a police officer to help him when I refused to give him my Fanta!

What the actual f???
    That's mad!

I think its a mixed bag with the stewards - have dealt with some very pleasant sensible ones and also some absloute morons.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I refuse to take a swipe at what will be largely minimal wage workers doing their job for not a lot of money and little thanks.

The problems stem from those above who are instructing them as to what they expect them to be doing. Those are the ones who need to answer questions, not the men and women on the ground.

You would expect the stewarding company to be working alongside Hibs with regards to match day operation, which makes it even more galling.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I refuse to take a swipe at what will be largely minimal wage workers doing their job for not a lot of money and little thanks.

The problems stem from those above who are instructing them as to what they expect them to be doing. Those are the ones who need to answer questions, not the men and women on the ground.

You would expect the stewarding company to be working alongside Hibs with regards to match day operation, which makes it even more galling.
    We had an issue with one of the supervisors outside the ground before the Villa game. Agressive, pigheaded and stupid behaviour and he caused a fair few fans to get pretty wound up. He also lied about what he said the club were instructing them to do.

I emailed the club and they got back to me with a great email confirming the steward wasnt following Hibs protocol and advised they would address this with their next game pre brief. So they def do work together.Worth picking up with Hibs if anything radge going on from stewards.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    I'm sure we pay for the stewarding. Do we not have to contribute to policing costs too?

In any case, its long overdue that we see some proper crowd control and risk prevention regarding the away fans at ER. Whether over sectarian behaviour, fire risk or dangerously overcrowding by dodging barriers.

And BTW for any Celtc fans looking in no I don't hate the royal family, I'm ambivalent about them. But I absolutely ****ing detest you, your 'Ra ***** and your dishonest mirroring of your incestous ugly twin sister. You're no different from them, you're cheeks of the same arse and Scottish refereeing is the sphincter in the middle. Clap that you artificially inflated, hate-infested, corrupting bunch of protected, cheating, 'victims'.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    I'm sure we pay for the stewarding. Do we not have to contribute to policing costs too?

In any case, its long overdue that we see some proper crowd control and risk prevention regarding the away fans at ER. Whether over sectarian behaviour, fire risk or dangerously overcrowding by dodging barriers.

And BTW for any Celtc fans looking in no I don't hate the royal family, I'm ambivalent about them. But I absolutely ****ing detest you, your 'Ra ***** and your dishonest mirroring of your incestous ugly twin sister. You're no different from them, you're cheeks of the same arse and Scottish refereeing is the sphincter in the middle. Clap that you artificially inflated, hate-infested, corrupting bunch of protected, cheating, 'victims'.
    Agreed. I'll sign up to that.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quite simple. Ban every single Celtic fan who attended last night from any other games at ER. They've plenty more who can come in their place. Repeat until the remaining fans figure it out and stop doing it.

@hibs.net private member Pete70's Avatar
    It seems it’s only Hibs fans who aren’t allowed to bring pyros in to ER.

@hibs.net private member WeAreHibs's Avatar
    Saw them chuck a pyro across their support when they went off at the start.

Must've hit this guy.

🤣🤣🤣

https://twitter.com/hooliganscz1999/...ARuYAQdh89J4vA
    Last edited by WeAreHibs; 08-02-2024 at 10:14 AM.

Cut their allocation.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

What the actual f???
    I’m sure they’re doing what they are told to do.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MelbourneHibees View Post
    Cut their allocation.
    😂

Come on, this is nice, jolly old Hibs we’re talking about. Wouldn’t want to do anything to upset the Opd Firm
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post

Which we voted against.
    If you think the SFA would deduct either of the OF points for fan behaviour then you haven’t been paying attention 😂

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MelbourneHibees View Post
    Cut their allocation.
    Agreed. Half it for their next visit. If it continues, half it again for the one after. Same for their blue pals.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    I don’t blame the Celtic fans or the stewards. I blame Hibs.

We do nothing and say nothing. And thus, it perpetuates.

Ben Kensell has come under fire lately; if he wants to get the fans instantly back on side he will call it out and either reduce their allocation or even better, ban them from Easter Road. But he won’t, because he’s just as complicit and subservient as his predecessors.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member

This 100% only wish I had wrote it.

GGTTH

On pyro, the authorities clearly don't have the resources to deal with the issue. The sooner that reality is acknowledged the sooner we can put some proportionate and pragmatic arrangements in place for the benefit of those who don't want to be affected (e.g. set on fire, experience asthma attacks or whatever). Tolerance zones within the stands will probably be the way forward. That would also create a level playing field for all supports.

Hear Hear

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 8 7 5 View Post
    Agreed. Half it for their next visit. If it continues, half it again for the one after. Same for their blue pals.
    Simple fact is we cant afford to

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I’m sure they’re doing what they are told to do.
    Probably, but that doesn't make it right. The point is, why is anyone saying you can't have a bottle of juice in the car park?!!

It's ridiculous if that is somehow a Hibs' policy.

Stewards are meant to be there to help us but it rarely feels that way. Why is anyone searching a kids bag when they walk through the gates near the ticket office for example?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The night went from bad to worse for the fan in question.

He seemingly had a a tenner on Celtic to win 2-1 and for away team to score two penalties, but wasn’t able to collect his winnings as he’d burnt his coupon.

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    I've said before the easy way to stop this is to bring in police sniffer dogs that can sniff out pyrotechnics.
    Once a few arrests start getting made with faces plastered all over the papers, they'll soon stop bringing them in.

Simple and easy solution to prevent an eventual disaster waiting to happen.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    When I came through the tunnel to go to my seat in the East, the steward actually pointed me to look at the away end who were in full flow pyro and said 'look at that, brilliant eh'. No pal, it's no ****ing brilliant.