hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Section 40, Row AA, seat 88/89

Or somewhere around that area…..

Is anyone unfortunate enough to sit near the lunatic who screams obscenities at our players for the entire match? Literally screams at hibs players calling them stuff like vermin and c**ts for the full game. And I’m not talking about normal shouting, he screams as loud as he possibly can, some of the most outrageous comments.

I’m at the stage where I might complain to the club, it’s a truly miserable experience for everyone around him. The guy needs to seek help. Absolutely bizarre. Anyone know who to contact?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Kieran Power will be able help.

As long as it isn’t him that’s doing it.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    That's where I used to sit and there was a boy behind me who fitted that description perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kieran Power will be able help.

As long as it isn’t him that’s doing it.
    😂 cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    That's where I used to sit and there was a boy behind me who fitted that description perfectly.
    It’s surely the same guy, there can’t be 2 of them!!

Some days are worse than others, depending on how steaming he is I guess? But tonight was the worst it’s ever been. Turned up late singing and spitting pie all over the place, then sat down screamed at the top of his lungs at every Hibs player, Celtic player, Celtic fan and official some of the worst stuff I’ve heard at a football match. There are people all around just looking at him like wrf are you doing!?

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post

Some days are worse than others, depending on how steaming he is I guess? But tonight was the worst it’s ever been. Turned up late singing and spitting pie all over the place, then sat down screamed at the top of his lungs at every Hibs player, Celtic player, Celtic fan and official some of the worst stuff I’ve heard at a football match. There are people all around just looking at him like wrf are you doing!?
    Does he not have any frie…actually nah never mind.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Fries to go with the pie?

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Fries to go with the pie?
    😂😂

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar

Nah not him, never sang and never drunk. Just a complete ersehole.

Bizarrely he does. His mate is much more reasonable, still shouts but just the usual stuff/level you expect from a passionate Hibs fan. No idea why he spends time with the nutter

Left by mutual consent!

Is anyone unfortunate enough to sit near the lunatic who screams obscenities at our players for the entire match? Literally screams at hibs players calling them stuff like vermin and c**ts for the full game. And I’m not talking about normal shouting, he screams as loud as he possibly can, some of the most outrageous comments.

I’m at the stage where I might complain to the club, it’s a truly miserable experience for everyone around him. The guy needs to seek help. Absolutely bizarre. Anyone know who to contact?
    Is he the boy with grey hair that screeches at Newell in particular all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    Is he the boy with grey hair that screeches at Newell in particular all the time?
    Nah not that one but I actually know who you mean as well 😂

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

That is strange behaviour. The thing is you never know what somebody’s circumstances are; there might actually be something wrong with him, or might just be a bellend. Maybe a discreet email to the appropriate person at the club?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

oh no, naughty words at the football. better grass to the club

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumHibs07 View Post
    Did you read the post?
    I think it's a wee bit more than someone using naughty words at the football. Fans pay good money to "support" their team... I don't think it's asking too much to be able to do that without some lunatic continually spoiling the day!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Would definitely report to the club

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Would definitely report to the club
    Send him beside the pesky block 7 guys who sing songs that nobody else knows imo and cause trouble backing the club home and away imo. That will show him.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesdaft16 View Post
    Send him beside the pesky block 7 guys who sing songs that nobody else knows imo and cause trouble backing the club home and away imo. That will show him.
    There's a plan at least the drum would drown the clown out

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    There's a plan at least the drum would drown the clown out

fair shout haha.

Spectacularly missing the point Callum

There's about 400 supporters, mostly Season Ticket holders I suspect, who are having to hear that melt for 90 minutes instead of enjoying the match. Imagine paying in excess of £400 a year listening to some bellend?

Some action needs taken against the attention-seeker.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    You sit next to him then.

Haha, yeah whatever. I’ve been going to football for a long time like most of us here mate. I’m not bothered about ‘naughty words’ and I don’t get offended by stuff like that, at all. This guy is screaming, and I mean screaming, at the top of his lungs constantly throughout the match. Screaming stuff like ‘dirty vermin c**ts’ in my ear, I have literally had spittle hitting the back of my neck. He is completely unhinged.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    That is strange behaviour. The thing is you never know what somebody’s circumstances are; there might actually be something wrong with him, or might just be a bellend. Maybe a discreet email to the appropriate person at the club?

Agree. You just never know with some people. It doesn't sound like normal behaviour at all, therefore, could be some form of mental illness. Of course, he could just be a pissed up bell-end and therein lies the dilemma. I remember a few years ago being in a pub down Leith Walk before a game with my two daughters. It was a very busy but we found some space beside the Pool table. There was some lads playing Pool and one of them was swearing constantly - one of his mates had the good judgement to sense I wasn't happy and whispered in my ear that his mate had Tourettes Syndrome. I think in this instance I would be having a quiet word with his mate (or even him) before going down any formal route.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Completely agree.

Some of the language being thrown about on here is disappointing IMO. A quiet word with stewards , or (as you say) the club (who may be aware of the guy's circumstances) is more appropriate than blasting things over a public message board.

If we know the guy's story, not that it's any of our business, then we might be able to understand and empathise..... and also take whatever action is appropriate for us.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 08-02-2024 at 09:39 AM.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Does anyone else start reading this and getting a brief panic hoping it’s not you they’re flagging up before relaxing when you see it’s a completely different part of the stadium to where you sit yourself..?

@hibs.net private member
    With any luck the guy will see the thread and address his behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Spectacularly missing the point Callum

There's about 400 supporters, mostly Season Ticket holders I suspect, who are having to hear that melt for 90 minutes instead of enjoying the match. Imagine paying in excess of £400 a year listening to some bellend?

Some action needs taken against the attention-seeker.
    speak to him then instead of complaining on the internet

Not a fan of threads like this calling folk out in specific seats.

I’ve sat not too far away from the person I think you’re talking about but personally would reach out to the club.

If fans start coming on here weekly moaning about other “fans” then the message board would be full of pages of idiots who go to game.

The other awkward part is that maybe a supporter sat in someone else’s seat if a ST wasn’t at game and that seat was available ?

Bottom line is message the club if an issue - do Hibs even have a policy for dealing with such issues ?

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Does anyone else start reading this and getting a brief panic hoping it’s not you they’re flagging up before relaxing when you see it’s a completely different part of the stadium to where you sit yourself..?
    Me 😂

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

Doesn't sound like he does requests, but maybe someone could ask next time?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby