hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepthefaith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a lot of apathy, which I accept. However tonight showed why we should never just give up on our team. Support through thick and thin. They deserved more tonight and I was pleased they were applauded off. There's hope yet!
    When the thin so regularly outweighs the thick it's hard to agree, especially as there's no excuse for a club of our size and resources toiling to even make the top six.

When so many season ticket holders are voting with their feet despite having a pre-paid seat you know folk are well and truly fed up.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I was there but regularly miss mid week games because of other commitments. There are always going to be more absentees on a Wednesday night, particularly among those with kids, than there would be on a Saturday. Also even though it was only 15 minutes, an 8pm kick off probably knocks a few more off the attendance than 7.45 would.

I'm not pretending recent performances and results didn't play a part. A few guys I know who are ST holders and regular away travelers gave it a miss last night and the evidence of our eyes suggests they weren't the only ones.

I did think the fans in attendance were very good though. Certainly around me there was far less really vocal criticism than usual (maybe because there was just far less people) and when the team really got going in the 2nd half then the fans responded to it. The spell just after we scored and created 2 or 3 other chances was as loud as I have heard ER in a long while. Fast and aggressive football tends to provoke a passionate response from the crowd.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Couldnt be erched. Happy we played well but still cant be erched going up on Saturday either.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    More seats than fans there tonight. ST holders watching it on the telly?
    When folk got up to go to the bog or to the kiosks, did you need to start your count again? You missed a great performance then, but everyone has a free choice.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I understood why folk didn’t turn up tonight. I didn’t quite get the exodus when they got the penalty and we still had 6 or 7 minutes to play having put so much in to it.
    I was one of the ones who left my seat and headed down the stairs as soon penalty was given by good old VAR.
    Watched penalty at bottom of stairs then left when they scored. Didn't see who scored was it Nick Walsh ?
    Unlike Saturday didn't leave because of the team performance was raging about the corruption in Scottish Football and thinking whats the point of going to games against the Old Firm .
    Used to be there was 3 officials trying to give them everything now there is another 3 faceless wonders sitting in a studio deciding what should be reviewed / looked at trying there best to find something to give them a penalty etc.
    Doesn't help when you come back and see the handball from the Celtic defender in the box that we have had penalties given against us for less and the Boyle penalty incident.
    Was in the Famous Five upper and the Boyle incident looked like a penalty all day long , not even sure if VAR even reviewed it.
    Not sure what the rules are for VAR but the clubs should be given a copy of the what the VAR team actually have done what incidents are checked and what was said each time the ref was asked to review
    Time the clubs spoke out against VAR.

Just an observation folks

There were empty seats all around me in the upper West and you could see the white lettering "HFC" in the East. Never seen it that empty before at a game v Hearts/Celtic/Rangers.

Nae worries.

@hibs.net private member
    Felt scunnered after Saturday and had to get up early for work the next day.

Not a ST holder but probably go to 3/4 of home games.

A cold night in February, getting home around 11pm, and after a 0-3 defeat on Saturday definitely wasn't appealing to me.
    Last edited by neil7908; 08-02-2024 at 09:13 AM.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    I didn’t bother going (as did 3 others who sit beside me) as I’m getting cheesed off with it all. Glad we did play well but another defeat to make it 7 in a row.

Coaching Staff
    I didn’t go but set the alarm for the 7am kick off and watched it on the telly before breakfast.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    I didn’t bother going (as did 3 others who sit beside me) as I’m getting cheesed off with it all. Glad we did play well but another defeat to make it 7 in a row.
    7 defeats in a row?

First Team Regular ruthven_raiders's Avatar
    Didn't go as it is a struggle during the week to finish work and get down to Easter road, if it had been the weekend I would have gone, tho I'm totally cheeesed off with the standard of football at the moment, last night is the benchmark from now on, Inverness and teams outwith the old firm that should be the commitment we bring, but sadly that doesn't happen often. Win against Inverness and start to win games then fans will come back....can't blame people for not going last night, I paid to watch it on now tv, despite having spent over a £1000 on our family's season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    This does not entice anybody to attend a football game.

"You going to the game on Saturday Stevie?" "Nah Davie - no pre match light show announced".
    👏👏😂😂

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibees View Post
    7 defeats in a row?
    Sorry no wins in 7 in the league( 5 defeats I think it is).

I was in tenerife tbf.

@hibs.net private member Groathillgrump's Avatar
    My seat was empty in the West Upper.

I've had a season ticket for over 30 years and can easily walk to the ground so there was no real reason for me not to go. Just couldn't be arsed last night and decided to watch it on the telly in the warmth of my living room with a couple of beers.

Did I feel guilty? Nah!

Empty stands tell a story.

It tells us that we still haven’t got things right were it counts. You can have all the fancy training facilities you want and lovely stands for supporters to sit in but….,,,,

The product on the park has been far from great.

We all suffered through the building of the stands as we all know priority was given to that and East Mains.

It would be nice to once again actually look forward to going to ER. It’s been a long time since that happened.
    It’s more a pull on the heart strings for me now and a sense of loyalty.

A lot of our supporters aren’t getting any younger, it would be nice if we could actually see a product on the park for a change.
    We know you can’t always guarantee a win but there’s been times we’ve been miles off it.

#Sleepinggiant…..in a coma

@hibs.net private member
    After the spineless drivel served up vs St Midden, I was of a mind that if THEY (the players) could not be arsed then neither could I - so I watched last night's game in my local - nice and warm with a few cold wet ones. I feel not the slightest pang of guilt or shame about this - I am not a robot and there's only so much I will take being insulted until I walk away.

As it goes they played well vs Cetic and were unlucky to lose and I'll be back in my seat next match at ER.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    More seats than fans there tonight. ST holders watching it on the telly?
    In hospital with a new addition to the Hibee family.

Will run it past Hibs.net next time.