hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Thr energy of the team, the desire is exactly where I believe he wants us to be all the time. Didn't feel like a loss. I'm backing him, he will come good.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by bordergreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does it frustrate you that we would never have got that decision? Not looking for an argument, just curious.
    Christ yes. But you knew looking at that replay that a) it was a penalty and b) Celtic would get it.

We should have been 2 or 3 ahead by that point anyway, only b have ourselves to blame for that moment being the decisive moment

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Christ yes. But you knew looking at that replay that a) it was a penalty and b) Celtic would get it.

We should have been 2 or 3 ahead by that point anyway, only b have ourselves to blame for that moment being the decisive moment
    Mate, we would never get that, especially against any of the Glasgow Paramilitary Funding Brothers. That pisses me right off.

Finally some fight. Excitement. More please.

Ps. I don't watch Celtic weekly, but how bad where they?!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post

Someone on the match thread thinks they were brilliant 🤩
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

I think we'll kick oan fae this, decent atmos the night and though its never nice to lose at leest it p's off the Diets and the Full Fats.

Reports of our demise a tad premature ya fandangos that look at fianace figures we are peoples team, persevere

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Someone on the match thread thinks they were brilliant 🤩
    They were pish, lucky as

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FastEddieFelson View Post
    Sorry guys... we're patting ourselves on the back here after getting beat by a pish poor Celtic team. We had chances to win the game and still managed to grind out a defeat. Yes there were big improvements and yes Montgomery deserves credit but "well done"? No thanks.
    ‘Stay of execution’ in my book. We did enough to keep his coat on the peg but it’ll fall off completely at the weekend if we don’t take care of a lousy St Johnstone team.

Agreed. Much much better. Well done Monty. Please keep the 3 in the middle. Let’s get 4th place. Onwards

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Much improved and extremely unlucky with decisions but losing is becoming a habit.

Quote Originally Posted by sauzeelegod View Post
    Agreed. Much much better. Well done Monty. Please keep the 3 in the middle. Let’s get 4th place. Onwards
    Be interesting to see what he does when Marcondes is back

For me Levitt should drop out, despite it being a fantastic goal. Hopefully that’s a confidence boost and he kicks on

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    ‘Stay of execution’ in my book. We did enough to keep his coat on the peg but it’ll fall off completely at the weekend if we don’t take care of a lousy St Johnstone team.
    Scottish cup this weekend isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Be interesting to see what he does when Marcondes is back

For me Levitt should drop out, despite it being a fantastic goal. Hopefully that’s a confidence boost and he kicks on
    Agreed mate 👍🏼

It's far from the best Hibs team.

However that tonight is everything I want to see from a Hibs side. A manager who realised his mistakes and changed it up. Players scrapping for everything and playing for each other, a decent tempo about us and plenty intent going forward and a desire to get the ball down and play but do it with purpose and pace.

If we can maintain those effort levels every week and just add a bit more composure and quality when the confidence starts to come back then you will read no complaints from me.

We deserved better tonight and for the first time in a long while I came away feeling proud of a Hibs team.

I think the smart money might be on the other Ugly Sister to win the league. They've a better defence than Brenda's Establishment FC.

We should have scored more. Youan's miss first half was criminal 😢

Better performance,rub off the green and it's 3 points tonight.
    Hopefully we can get a run going, starting on Saturday.

A change of shape and we look loads better. Who’d have thought!

All we ask is for 100% effort. Give us that and you’ll get our backing!

Good performance tonight now let’s kick on! 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬👍👍👍

I feared a 4 or 5 goal thumping, so an unlucky, last minute 1-2 loss to a VAR/Ref loving Celtic is marked improvement on what we were served on Saturday. IMO, great performance is pushing it. Celtic were nothing special, lacked creativity, panicked when pressed and god a huge slice of luck at both ends of the park.

Going forward, tonight's effort, commitment and organisation is the very least we should expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

However that tonight is everything I want to see from a Hibs side. A manager who realised his mistakes and changed it up. Players scrapping for everything and playing for each other, a decent tempo about us and plenty intent going forward and a desire to get the ball down and play but do it with purpose and pace.

If we can maintain those effort levels every week and just add a bit more composure and quality when the confidence starts to come back then you will read no complaints from me.

We deserved better tonight and for the first time in a long while I came away feeling proud of a Hibs team.
    Couldn’t agree more. 👍

Left by mutual consent!
    I posted on the match thread it was so good to just see a Hibs team press the opponent and create chances. That set up was much better, and Moriah-Welsh helps the team so much. Amos looked tidy when he came on. I'd take Youan and Levitt out of the team, move Obita up and find a new LB then we'd be a completely different proposition. Obita's crossing into the box was excellent. There's a really good Hibs team hiding in there, tonight I think we saw that.

Also, mentions to Triantis who recovered very well and also Miller, who I'm not the biggest fan of, but fair play, he did a job tonight.

Left by mutual consent!
    Yes much much better. We really didn't deserve to lose tonight.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    It was miles better and against a much better team than St Mirren. We needed a reaction and they gave us one. Very unlucky to lose the game.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

In the second half we pushed about 10 yards further up the park and it made a huge difference. It was actually quite exciting the way we went at them and its been ages since I could say that about a Hibs performance, or been able to walk away from a game saying we didn't deserve to lose.

But ... we've been here before. It's nice to see a bit of effort and willingness to push forward, but we need to show that effort and quick play all the time, not just for a half against one of the uglies.

Saturday is massive. The cup is our whole season now and losing on Saturday would be disastrous.

Very pleasing to hear, I only seen the first half so I couldn't comment on the second half.

A stepping stone now to push on in the last few months of the season.

I never, ever understand why any Hibs team sets up against any team at home in any fashion *other* than what we saw in the 2nd half. Press high, full effort from everyone, get in the opposition faces etc.

Against the better teams you'll maybe get a skelping once in a while, but that happens anyway using the LJ "don't touch them until they're 30 yards out" policy.

Play like that for the rest of the season and we'll be OK. Top 5 and, who knows, maybe a trip to Hampden.

As others have said though, we've been here before.....

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    I never, ever understand why any Hibs team sets up against any team at home in any fashion *other* than what we saw in the 2nd half. Press high, full effort from everyone, get in the opposition faces etc.

Against the better teams you'll maybe get a skelping once in a while, but that happens anyway using the LJ "don't touch them until they're 30 yards out" policy.

Play like that for the rest of the season and we'll be OK. Top 5 and, who knows, maybe a trip to Hampden.

As others have said though, we've been here before.....
    I truly think it's a confidence issue. We seen how we started against Motherwell before they scored, then went into a shell for absolutely ages. Last they scored and was like a training game, Levitt couldn't pass wind, nothing coming off then we scored and play like Brazil. Same at Killie last week, concede heads drop can't recover they score again then we get a goal out nothing and suddenly we looked a team.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

So did I was delighted with the second half performance. That needs to be the benchmark though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesdaft16 View Post
    I truly think it's a confidence issue. We seen how we started against Motherwell before they scored, then went into a shell for absolutely ages. Last they scored and was like a training game, Levitt couldn't pass wind, nothing coming off then we scored and play like Brazil. Same at Killie last week, concede heads drop can't recover they score again then we get a goal out nothing and suddenly we looked a team.
    It's kind of chicken and egg though. If you start off on the front foot and at the races etc, then you're (IMO) less likely to concede and more likely to score which then gives you more confidence and so on and so forth.

Show the same effort and intensity against ICT on Saturday and we should be okay then try and move on from the very poor spell we're going through. It certainly show the players are more capable than they have showed recently. Boyle/Miller/Moriah made a difference.