hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Var

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    VAR is facilitated by the likes of Sportscene. Hardly a mention of our two claims. The Boyle one is a stonewaller and the handball looks a certain penalty looking at similar incidents given against us. How both of ours are waved away without a look from VAr is bizarre, or it would be if it wasn't so obvious that out game is only there to benefit the Uglies. So sick of the game up here, even with replays they blatantly cheat
    Yep we don't get their pens and they get our pens. Boyles is a penalty. Game doesn't stop if a Hibs player goes down like Kyogo. The game is rigged for two teams, referees pander to them even just look at the body language last couple of nights. Robertson basically fawning over the Rangers manager at Ibrox. Walsh having his nice wee chats with Callum on the pitch. Welsh and Vente head knock he races to Welsh doesnt care about Dylan. Miller down basically starts the game.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    We’d be shouting for them if they were at the other end”

Shout all you like, you’re not getting them.

There’s your two tier refereeing. There’s your corruption. There’s your evidence.
    Absolutely. Think technically their two were however we would simply never get them.

VAR against St Mirren was way worse. Their pen and the shirt pull on Maolida. Mind they gave the shirt pull agains Obits that was not even near the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I thought I saw that in the replay.
    Angle behind the goal it is a clear pen

I thought I spotted this at the game too last night

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001w5wd
    go to 16:47.

clear pull on newell top AND shorts resulting in the poor header that leads to nectar have to recover with the Heid!

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    The line is part of the penalty box, so therefore any contact on the line is in the box.
    There's clear contact on Boyle - it's obvious by the jolt the Celtic defenders leg takes who then jumps backwards to say he's trying to get out the way

You can argue about him "diving" afterwards - if that's kyogo the narrative would be there was contact he is entitled to go down

Absolutely guaranteed the game stops for a few mins while they pour over that if its at the other end

The same for the handball, there wasn't even a mention of it or a hold on for a minute at the corner

In sure both of these are most likely given at the other end - and we've been seeing penalties given against us (and other diddly teams) for far less than both of these

https://twitter.com/sparky_1875/stat...q1HfKWPSw&s=19

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Callum_62; 08-02-2024 at 06:42 AM.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Quite shocked you think it was 50/50, nowhere near it, it was a penalty all day long.
    It's absolutely a 50/50. Both jump at the exact same time for the ball, both going for the same ball and Triantis is looking at the ball the whole time, he's just second to it. There's always a winner and a loser in an aerial challenge. Are we saying we don't want Triantis challenging for it?

@hibs.net private member Manxhibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: purehibee
    I think both are soft penalties given by desperate officials. Their precious Celtic are going through a sticky patch and needed a lift.

First one is a 50/50 and in fact there is a very similar incident in the 2nd half, Triantis just didn’t clash heads and so wasn’t highlighted.

Second is a joke and would not be given for any team outside the old firm.

I haven’t seen the Boyle one back but I’m certain that if it’s Kyogo, it’s given no matter the circumstances.

The old firm have already got a millions of pounds more than the other teams. Shown by the fact they could bring on Palma and Kyogo, why do we insist on helping them make the league look even more chip shop!

Should be able to count VAR decisions over the season (per team), especially the number of times refs are told to go to the screen. Been so many times, have thought that has to go to VAR and it doesn't (eg Boyle trip last night, Celtic player handball), and others that do (eg Kyoto tackle where the ref is literally a few feet away from incident).

VAR in Scotland feels like a rigged lottery, a whole new way for refs and VARs to favour certain teams and piss off fans.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    It's absolutely a 50/50. Both jump at the exact same time for the ball, both going for the same ball and Triantis is looking at the ball the whole time, he's just second to it. There's always a winner and a loser in an aerial challenge. Are we saying we don't want Triantis challenging for it?
    He was a day late and knocked the boy out, as clear a penalty as I have seen.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    There is a strong argument to claim what we witnessed last night to be a direct consequence of the summit meeting arranged following demands by Rangers to sit down face to face with SFA officials to seek clarification on the one decision that had went against them all season.

In what is becoming a tight title race, referees can simply not afford another decision to not err on the Old Firm’s side. Errors of judgment will simply not be tolerated, and if there is any doubt, you have to call it in their favour.

Had Celtic had the two penalty claims we had last night, they’d have got them both.
    Had we the two claims they had, we wouldn’t have got either.

I believe a lot of what we saw stems from Rangers bullying tactics and officials are running scared of the Old Firm. Rangers and Celtic have them in their pockets.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Had to wait until I got home to see a better view of the second penalty but for me it was just outside the box, 100% a foul but not a penalty, I was right in line with the Boyle one from where I sit in the east and there was definite contact and with the way the game is now it should have resulted in a penalty, for it not he even looked at by VAR was a joke

I hate VAR. When it was brought in I thought great, it'll level the playing field and teams will start getting desicions against the oldfirm.
    Its done the exact opposite though. They spend time and look at every angle now to find something in their favour. They spend 5 minutes and look at 20 angles to find it. If its the team their playing against then they don't even look at it half the time and if they do its a quick glance and maybe one or two angles. Its actually getting ridiculous now.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Should be able to count VAR decisions over the season (per team), especially the number of times refs are told to go to the screen. Been so many times, have thought that has to go to VAR and it doesn't (eg Boyle trip last night, Celtic player handball), and others that do (eg Kyoto tackle where the ref is literally a few feet away from incident).

VAR in Scotland feels like a rigged lottery, a whole new way for refs and VARs to favour certain teams and piss off fans.
    I can only think of a couple occasions where VAR has actually benefitted us - the recent sending off last season against Killie and a sending off at ER second half of last season. I think we may have also been awarded a penalty in a game we were already winning last season? Meanwhile every goal we score seem to get forensically analysed, penalties (easily in double figures now) awarded against us for things which aren't clear and obvious. And penalty claims for us for equivalent incidents not even getting reviewed

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    I can only think of a couple occasions where VAR has actually benefitted us - the recent sending off last season against Killie and a sending off at ER second half of last season. I think we may have also been awarded a penalty in a game we were already winning last season? Meanwhile every goal we score seem to get forensically analysed, penalties (easily in double figures now) awarded against us for things which aren't clear and obvious. And penalty claims for us for equivalent incidents not even getting reviewed
    Marshall getting tag teamed at Ross County too

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Boyle's looks a penalty to me, certainly if he's wearing hoops or a blue shirt it would be.

On the Boyle diving media love-in, the very worst offender is Richard Gordon. He just loves it. Any discussion that goes remotely near the subject of Boyle and he's gagging to get in with the 'reputation for diving' which he himself has done so much to help develop. Twat.

First Team Breakthrough Dobosz83's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dobosz1983
    Celtic haven't 'conceded' a penalty in the league all season, and they sit top of the 'received' table with 12...

We on the other hand sit at the wrong end of both. 2 awarded and 8 conceded. The frustration for me is the mounting evidence to suggest that Hibs players don't get penalties and they certainly don't get reviewed for a second look if there's a possibility.

We've seen 3 awarded against us in the past 5 days which have caused debate online, and yet we could have had 3 ourselves in that time and none were even looked at (shirt pull on Sat, Boyle contact last night and Ralston handball).

It feels like the law of averages doesn't apply were Hibs are concerned. I cannot remember a VAR review that went in our favour in a big game.

Quote Originally Posted by franck sauzee View Post
    Both are penalties and Boyle was a dive unfortunately.

Var has been a disgrace against us this season but can't have any complaints here
    Why can’t you have any complaints. At the other end if Kyogo is running at pace and gets clipped in the box it goes to VAR and he gets a penalty. Why is Boyles incident not reviewed at the very least.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Yep we don't get their pens and they get our pens. Boyles is a penalty. Game doesn't stop if a Hibs player goes down like Kyogo. The game is rigged for two teams, referees pander to them even just look at the body language last couple of nights. Robertson basically fawning over the Rangers manager at Ibrox. Walsh having his nice wee chats with Callum on the pitch. Welsh and Vente head knock he races to Welsh doesnt care about Dylan. Miller down basically starts the game.
    The game is definitely rigged in favour of the Old Firm always has been but even worse now.
    Agree with all you said , the only thing seen different was stopping the game after Kyogo goes down.
    Marshall had the ball in his hands but instead of kicking it up field he threw the ball out to get the injured player treatment.
    I though at the time WTF is he doing. With the game stopped it gave VAR plenty of time to study things.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Not a handball these days if it deflects off a different body part first from close range (I think..)
    Only your own body part and even then, I’m not sure that rule is still allowed as Joe Newell conceded one like that against Livi and the ref wasn’t interested.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Boyle's looks a penalty to me, certainly if he's wearing hoops or a blue shirt it would be.

On the Boyle diving media love-in, the very worst offender is Richard Gordon. He just loves it. Any discussion that goes remotely near the subject of Boyle and he's gagging to get in with the 'reputation for diving' which he himself has done so much to help develop. Twat.
    The irony being he supports a team that Duk plays for.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    There is a strong argument to claim what we witnessed last night to be a direct consequence of the summit meeting arranged following demands by Rangers to sit down face to face with SFA officials to seek clarification on the one decision that had went against them all season.

In what is becoming a tight title race, referees can simply not afford another decision to not err on the Old Firm’s side. Errors of judgment will simply not be tolerated, and if there is any doubt, you have to call it in their favour.

Had Celtic had the two penalty claims we had last night, they’d have got them both.
    Had we the two claims they had, we wouldn’t have got either.

I believe a lot of what we saw stems from Rangers bullying tactics and officials are running scared of the Old Firm. Rangers and Celtic have them in their pockets.
    This in spades.

They are unquestionably refereed differently to the rest of us.

I’m sickened by it, Boyle’s is a penalty, if he’s going to dive on no contact he’d have to have eyes in the back of his head to know how close the defender behind him was to have a chance of it looking like a foul. It makes no sense to dive without contact.

It’s a penalty and an absolute disgrace that it’s not reviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This in spades.

I’m sickened by it, Boyle’s is a penalty, if he’s going to dive on no contact he’d have to have eyes in the back of his head to know how close the defender behind him was to have a chance of it looking like a foul. It makes no sense to dive without contact.

Yip. I believe we have been lobbying behind the scenes to try improve things . Clearly if feels SFA and the weedgies don’t want the status quo getting ruffled.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This in spades.

It’s absolutely ridiculous. Boyle may have made a meal of it but it was still a foul and penalty regardless. It was only a few games ago where Maolida was clearly fouled in the box v Killie and I commented at the time he needed to go to ground for us to get the penalty. Boyle did last night and it still wasn’t awarded. We can’t win.

As someone mentioned earlier, the TV companies are complicit in this too.

Just finished watching the brief Sky highlights on YouTube and they've not even included either of the Hibs penalty claims.

They don't want the corruption highlighted, and they don't want a discussion to be had about it either.

The same reason why they turn their microphones down when the rampant sectarianism starts.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Not a handball these days if it deflects off a different body part first from close range (I think..)
    The rule is a mess the English FA have a different interpretation of handball to UEFA,don't know what our FAs interpretation of the rule is. This was highlighted in the PSG v Newcastle game. Don't think the rule says anything about deflection off players body. The incident last night looked like it hit one Celtic player then was handled by the other who had his arms in an unnatural position.Intent does not come into it. I think the exception is when a player is going to ground.

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    The rule is a mess the English FA have a different interpretation of handball to UEFA,don't know what our FAs interpretation of the rule is. This was highlighted in the PSG v Newcastle game. Don't think the rule says anything about deflection off players body. The incident last night looked like it hit one Celtic player then was handled by the other who had his arms in an unnatural position.Intent does not come into it. I think the exception is when a player is going to ground.
    We’re not getting any of our incidents reviewed. As a club we have to be taking this to the SFA . Why is our incidents not getting VAR reviews but incidents against us are? It’s an absolute disgrace and there is definitely an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    We’re not getting any of our incidents reviewed. As a club we have to be taking this to the SFA . Why is our incidents not getting VAR reviews but incidents against us are? It’s an absolute disgrace and there is definitely an agenda.
    The clubs need to be more vociferous with this. In the Rangers v Aberdeen Goldson handled the ball twice when his arms were in an unnatural position. Did the refs show that they showed the operation of VAR not state that they will need to look at all handballs in the penalty area.

I found it quite amusing that the commentators kept mentioning Celtic really needed someone who could put away penalties…..

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    We saw on Saturday how little intent is needed for a handball to be given against a defender in a Hibs shirt.