hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What happened after the St Mirren game?

Rumours of a bust up etc on Twitter however I’ve only seen that since Boyle admitted the post match meeting got a bit heated.

What were the rumours and was there any truth to them?

Think a couple of the players needed to hear some home truths though!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rumours of a bust up etc on Twitter however I’ve only seen that since Boyle admitted the post match meeting got a bit heated.

What were the rumours and was there any truth to them?

Think a couple of the players needed to hear some home truths though!
    Think it was the Monday team meeting going over the game, a few home truths shared between players, it will happen in every club, sometimes it needs to be done.

No point getting angry and showing passion on the Monday. Would’ve liked to see it at some point on the Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    No point getting angry and showing passion on the Monday. Would’ve liked to see it at some point on the Saturday.
    ******g bunch of Jessies

Last thing we need is a split in camp cmon lads sort this out

I hope they were arguing on Monday. I was still fuming about it on Monday and i'm only a fan. Im still pissed off about it now. I get what you mean though.

Better Monday than never though, still plenty to play for this season.

I know a Scottish former manager and he'd swear by "honesty meetings" where you sometimes just have to get everybody together, let them all loose with the home truths on each other and then build it back together. No room for festering resentment and having anyone think that things are ok when they're clearly not.

Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    Last thing we need is a split in camp cmon lads sort this out
    A few home truths can galvanise a group. A bust-up can end up with a stronger team spirit. I hope so in this case, obviously

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    A few home truths can galvanise a group. A bust-up can end up with a stronger team spirit. I hope so in this case, obviously

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
    A good old-fashioned clear the air meeting is what was needed after that shambles. Hopefully a few players realise the lack of effort is not acceptable.

We've heard it all before. The proof's in the pudding isn't it.

Let's see if we actually run and press and work hard tonight. Moriah-Welsh looks like a good influence in that regard, he'll get stuck in.

But overall we don't seem organised enough to press effectively. The intensity and cohesion isn't there. It's all half hearted and for show to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I hope they were arguing on Monday. I was still fuming about it on Monday and i'm only a fan. Im still pissed off about it now. I get what you mean though.
    Exactly this. Hope they ripped through each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

Let's see if we actually run and press and work hard tonight. Moriah-Welsh looks like a good influence in that regard, he'll get stuck in.

But overall we don't seem organised enough to press effectively. The intensity and cohesion isn't there. It's all half hearted and for show to be honest.
    Yeah I really liked his ability and attitude to pressing the opposition when he came on.

Look forward to seeing more of him and Amos when he is match fit. Both have shown they can win the ball back by pressing

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Very good point

Wee bit of a rammie. Bless.

Hope Tavares didn't break a finger nail. If he did he will be out for tonight.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post

What an unnecessary comment.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Left by mutual consent!

I wish you where out with your constant pish.

I hope they were scrapping and they channel it in to their performances on the pitch.

A bit disharmony might help sort the wheat from the chaff.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

That is a big problem for us IMO, you would hope now after a bit more time together we can be more organised pressing together. Very rarely last few home games were we getting close enough to even put blocks in to get the crowd going - that's what we'll need and that's what we had in a decent showing last time we played Celtic at ER.

It needs a monumental turnaround in performance tonight. If I'm still there at full time to applaud the team off it will be a welcome improvement.

Theres something unpleasant behind this visceral dislike of our player. I cant put my finger on it but he gets a harder time as an individual than he deserves. Its like the short-lived 4/5 matches of good form annoyed the folk who slagged him early days, so they stored up the pus and bile and it explodes in posts like that.

Apparently one of the older guys started having a go at Whittaker in the canteen. Whittaker looked to Youan for support but he was doing stepovers on the table at the opposite end of the room.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Think it was the Monday team meeting going over the game, a few home truths shared between players, it will happen in every club, sometimes it needs to be done.
    I want to see 3 or 4 running out with shiners tonight ,shows who stood up for themselves in the “team meeting “ 😆

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Theres something unpleasant behind this visceral dislike of our player. I cant put my finger on it but he gets a harder time as an individual than he deserves. Its like the short-lived 4/5 matches of good form annoyed the folk who slagged him early days, so they stored up the pus and bile and it explodes in posts like that.
    Agree with this.

Sir Alex Ferguson

Think you are right however he hasn’t been great last few games though thought ok at Killie. No reason he can’t get back to form he had previously.

Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    I want to see 3 or 4 running out with shiners tonight ,shows who stood up for themselves in the “team meeting “ 😆
    Or who got a shoeing 😄

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    We know why.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    He was actually coming on really well for a while there and has then faded back out badly, coincidentally as the team's performances have plummeted as a whole...

He's far from the only player in that squad who has decent potential that is being wasted playing in a side that lacks confidence and shape. I've next to no faith left in Montgomery as the manager now and I think his days are numbered. My worry is that he will drag some players down with him. This player at least looks like a he's trying while others, Levitt for example, look anything but. There are plenty of ways to criticise anybody you like without making it personally unpleasant.

Matt Doherty aside, of course.

100%. The lack of fight , dig, passion , playing for the jersey , whatever people want to call it was absent from nearly all on Saturday. I dont expect us to win tonight but I do expect us to put in the effort and commitment which should be.a given but sometimes isn't.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Nothing wrong with clearing the air and knocking heads together. I would have thought that it was part and parcel of the professional game. If it did happen, I hope that everyone said everything that they wanted to.

Lets see if anything changes on the pitch tonight.....

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    He was actually coming on really well for a while there and has then faded back out badly, coincidentally as the team's performances have plummeted as a whole...

He's far from the only player in that squad who has decent potential that is being wasted playing in a side that lacks confidence and shape. I've next to no faith left in Montgomery as the manager now and I think his days are numbered. My worry is that he will drag some players down with him. This player at least looks like a he's trying while others, Levitt for example, look anything but. There are plenty of ways to criticise anybody you like without making it personally unpleasant.

Matt Doherty aside, of course.
    Yeah, i can see that hes struggled for form of course, along with the rest of them. I can think of no-one in the team that is playing well. But I cant believe some folk are ripping him for lack of effort. Levitt and Youan, yes.

I cant believe it myself, but my season ticket is probably going to lie unused tonight. I also have two tickets for Inverness that i probably wont use. Cold, tired after work, cant face the bus trip home, no confidence in anything the club are doing. Even the new signings enthusiasm has waned. A home game under the lights against that lot was something i would be champing at the proverbial bit for, now its a different story. Hopefully ill be proved to be the chump i am and we’ll horse them. (Any other equestrian metaphors gratefully received)