hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: The Plan

The Plan

So I'm guessing all these loans are just to give us a bigger pool of players to reach the end of this season. So in the summer what happens? We have already been told that the greater part of the £6million will go towards infrastructure projects so how does the Bournmouth link actually help us as I assume that any players they send to us must be loans.
    Takes us back to the start then... big percentage of loan players again , albeit players with more potential BUT
    how inexperienced are they?, how committed, how willing to put a foot in, how bothered will they be when playing Hearts or when things not going well??
    Not convinced with the whole Bournmouth.
    Have been supporting Hibs for 50 years.... not sure whether I have time to wait for another 'mastrrplan' to bear fruit !!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Shanksaidno View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So I'm guessing all these loans are just to give us a bigger pool of players to reach the end of this season. So in the summer what happens? We have already been told that the greater part of the £6million will go towards infrastructure projects so how does the Bournmouth link actually help us as I assume that any players they send to us must be loans.
    Takes us back to the start then... big percentage of loan players again , albeit players with more potential BUT
    how inexperienced are they?, how committed, how willing to put a foot in, how bothered will they be when playing Hearts or when things not going well??
    Have been supporting Hibs for 50 years.... not sure whether I have time to wait for another 'mastrrplan' to bear fruit !!
    Plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Who's told you that? That's not what I heard from BF's mouth when interviewed. Good loans are a help. Any extra investment especially from a group as big as the BK's is welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    Who's told you that? That's not what I heard from BF's mouth when interviewed. Good loans are a help. Any extra investment especially from a group as big as the BK's is welcome.
    It was a prerequisite fro the SFA approving the deal to proceed.

It was a prerequisite fro the SFA approving the deal to proceed.
    No it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    No it wasn't.
    Yes it was.

The new training dome, the corporate facilities in the famous 5 and the safe standing ain't coming cheap.

Yes it was.

The new training dome, the corporate facilities in the famous 5 and the safe standing ain't coming cheap.
    They weren't a prerequisite to the deal getting the OK though.

Quote Originally Posted by MelbourneHibees View Post
    They weren't a prerequisite to the deal getting the OK though.

OK ... so how much does a Philadelphia Lawyer cost

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    Widely known that most of it will be spent on infrastructure.
    Im unsure if its something in the rules of folk getting a share in a club as think Radcliffe is spending a big chunk on infrastructure at Man utd.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    Im unsure if its something in the rules of folk getting a share in a club as think Radcliffe is spending a big chunk on infrastructure at Man utd.
    That's a bit vague as well. I heard Bill Foley say in an interview we will have some millions to spend in the transfer market this summer on the BBC.

Yes it was.

The SFA has no say in how the money is spent.You said it was a prerequisite of the SFA in agreeing to relax their rules. It wasn’t . How the money is spent is up to the club.

People actually think there's some sort of plan?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    That's the polar opposite of what I've been reading about this deal - from the start its been stated that a large chunk of the inward investment would go into improving the 1st team budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesdaft16 View Post
    People actually think there's some sort of plan?
    Behave eh? Why do folk have to slate the club at every opportunity. Ron had a vision for hibs, and there are signs that progress has been made, most notably behind the scenes.

We need to hear more how Ron's plan is being updated as a result of the Foley investment, but we know this comes with attracting a higher calibre of player,whether loan or otherwise to improve our chances of finishing in top 4 and performing better in Europe. The signing of marcondes alone tells us the plan is in place.

Just because we've not had the immediate success we all want doesn't mean there isn't a good plan in place.

We will be allowed to sign players on permanent deals and will have more money do to so.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    The SFA has no say in how the money is spent.You said it was a prerequisite of the SFA in agreeing to relax their rules. It wasn’t . How the money is spent is up to the club.
    Going by what Ben said in his interview on Sky Sports, I reckon they had to guarantee that so much would be spent on certain things away from transfers etc. for the deal to go through

First Team Breakthrough Broxburn Greens's Avatar
    My understanding was that from the INITIAL investment there were funds earmarked to upgrade HTC and areas within the stadium.

I also heard Foley state the manager will have “a few millions” to strengthen the squad.

For me, just because the initial investment is around £6m doesn’t mean Foley and the BK consortium won’t be investing further money after that.

Hearts get millions from Anderson every year, there’s nothing stopping the BK consortium doing likewise.

Quote Originally Posted by Broxburn Greens View Post
    My understanding was that from the INITIAL investment there were funds earmarked to upgrade HTC and areas within the stadium.

I also heard Foley state the manager will have “a few millions” to strengthen the squad.

For me, just because the initial investment is around £6m doesn’t mean Foley and the BK consortium won’t be investing further money after that.

Hearts get millions from Anderson every year, there’s nothing stopping the BK consortium doing likewise.

Anderson supports Hearts, can't say the same about Foley (at least not yet). Yes the Black Knights have access to a hell of a lot of cash but I don't see them recklessly throwing money at us, Lorient, Bournemouth or any of the other clubs that end up in their group. They will want a return on investment in some shape or form.

Football has and will continue to change and as we are seeing with strategic tie ups with Dundee and Burnley and the fact that the SFA have now signed off on this corporate structure change and investment I suspect you will see more investors come into Scottish Football. If we weren't to endorse this deal I suspect we would end up floundering behind a number of other teams and then be forced into someone else's investment that we really might not like.

I trust the Gordon's but this was Ron's baby and ambition to own a football club - thankfully I think he truly ended up buying into the club emotionally as well as financially. The old adage of how do you make a small fortune, you take a large fortune and buy a football club. Owners have realised this and want to share some of that risk with fans or other investors.