Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Marshall

Miller Fish Hanlon Obita

Boyle Amos Moriah-Welsh Mayenda

Marcondes Le Fondre

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    If I could I’d play Johnson but I feel the place is too toxic for that.

So in that case

Marshall

Miller
    Fish
    Triantis
    Obita

Amos
    Moriah-Welsh

Boyle
    Emiliano
    Myziane

Vente

Can we drop all of them and play the women or is that against the rules.

Moriah-Welsh and Amos must play in the middle of the park.

Hanlon (I can’t believe I’m saying that) back in.

Miller and Boyle back in.

Youan and Levitt in the stand. Need to make a point that such a lack of effort won’t be tolerated.

Anyone, as long as Youan and Levitt don’t start and someone above 20 plays at right back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Cadden would be my first choice to come in but if he's not ready then it's Miller. That's the first obvious one. I want to persist with Triantis but that debut was just so so bad that, and I can't believe I'm saying it, Hanlon comes back in to partner Fish.

Midfield should become instantly better putting Boyle in for the imposter Jair. I personally don't want to see him again in a Hibs top. And I'd also bring in ALF to partner Vente up top and move Myzaine to the wing to take Youans place.

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd like to see him change the 442 though that's more than likely not going to happen .
    Surely he'll change the midfield? . Is there any other changes you'd make ? . Will Boyle , Miller and Rocky be available?.
    We didn't play a 4-4-2 on Saturday. It was a 4-2-3-1

@hibs.net private member
    I’d go 532/352 with

Marshall

Obita LWB

Triantis CB
    Hanlon CB
    Fish CB

Cadden RWB

Amos CM
    Moriah-Welsh CM
    Marcondes ACM

Vente ST
    ALF ST

i don’t care about the rest of them right now… that team covers all scenarios in my opinion.

5 at the back when defending and then 5 to win the midfield
    Marcondes supplying an intelligent ALF letting Vente poach and start scoring goals.

Pipe dream I know but I live in hope

I'd like to see him change the 442 though that's more than likely not going to happen .
    Surely he'll change the midfield? . Is there any other changes you'd make ? . Will Boyle , Miller and Rocky be available?.
    He has to realise he’s out the door unless he does drop this 442, and now

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Marshall

Miller Fish Hanlon Obita

Boyle Amos Moriah-Welsh Mayenda

Marcondes Le Fondre
    I'd be happy with that, especially the front two.

Let's see how the new guys get on.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Wallacot

Miller…..Fish…..Hanlon…..Obita

Amos……….Moriah-Welsh

Boyle…….Marcondes……Myziane

Vente

First Team Breakthrough Svengali's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    I’d go 532/352 with

Marshall

Obita LWB

Triantis CB
    Hanlon CB
    Fish CB

Cadden RWB

Amos CM
    Moriah-Welsh CM
    Marcondes ACM

Vente ST
    ALF ST

i don’t care about the rest of them right now… that team covers all scenarios in my opinion.

5 at the back when defending and then 5 to win the midfield
    Marcondes supplying an intelligent ALF letting Vente poach and start scoring goals.

Pipe dream I know but I live in hope
    This is team i’d be thinking about but maybe changing Newell for ALF (who can come on). 3 man midfield of Amos, Welsh, Newell, Marcondes (AM)

As someone else said Youan & Levitt don’t get a strip, needs to make a statement based on that level of commitment on Saturday, Especially Youan.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    He has to realise he’s out the door unless he does drop this 442, and now
    I don't think this is the game to play it , Celtic seem to play 433 with O'Riley, McGregor and Bernardo in midfield . They are a lot better than our midfield players so going with only two midfielders we will have our work cut out for us , if we go with Newell and levitt again , God help us !.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Why are some people dropping Marshall? Especially for a guy who’s hardly played any football this season. Marsh is the least of our worries.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    Why are some people dropping Marshall? Especially for a guy who’s hardly played any football this season. Marsh is the least of our worries.
    I thought the same. Been one of our few decent performers this season.

@hibs.net private member
    I don't think this is the game to play it , Celtic seem to play 433 with O'Riley, McGregor and Bernardo in midfield . They are a lot better than our midfield players so going with only two midfielders we will have our work cut out for us , if we go with Newell and levitt again , God help us !.
    We’ve not played 442 for weeks. We never played 442 against Celtic at home last time. We won’t play 442 tomorrow. This formation nonsense is becoming a .net myth.

We do need good midfielders for a 4231 though. Amos and Moriah-Welsh.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    Wallacot

Miller…..Fish…..Hanlon…..Obita

Amos……….Moriah-Welsh

Boyle…….Marcondes……Myziane

Vente
    I like this

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    Disagree. His lack of commanding his 6 yard box has cost us goals, a fair few of them. He has a 67% save percentage, 8th worst in league and has an average game rating of 6.65 this season.

Yeah, I’ll take a gamble on Jojo but confident that Monty won’t.

@hibs.net private member
    Any combination of XI has to take into account the cup game on Saturday. If Boyle/Miller need more timeout I’d have them on the bench to come on 2nd half if /when required. Get some more minutes into all the new signings, only way to get them sharper for the weekend. Youan/Levitt on the bench also, that 45min performance cannot be rewarded with a spot in the starting XI.

We lined up 4-2-3-1 on Saturday so we cannot blame 4-4-2. I haven’t been at a game for a while but apparently it’s been 4-2-3-1 for a few games now. Perhaps going back to 4-4-2 might be an idea.

I would have made eleven changes at half time on Saturday

I think Wallacott deserves a chance to show that he at least has the potential to be our number one, Marshall is not a dominant keeper, his effort at the third on Saturday was pathetic as was not coming for the cross for the second by Killie.

I'd pick that back four simply for the height and athleticism which I think we'll need

None of the midfield from Saturday deserve to keep their place but neither Jair or Youan should be picked over Maolida and Boyle walks back in if he's fit to play.

Marcondes stays in based on his performance against Killie and I've no idea why Vente was left out at the weekend

Wallacott

Miller
    Fish
    Nectar
    Obita

Boyle
    Moriah-Welsh
    Amos
    Maolida

Marcondes

Vente

It should be a back 3 IMO.

Marshall

Megwa

Fish
    Triantis
    Obita

Lewis

Amos
    Mor-Welsh
    Newell

Marcondes
    Vente

If we’re sticking with a back 4 then I’d keep same midfield 3 as above and push Marcondes to a wide left role. He already looks a luxury in a midfield 3 - until we can sort the defence at least.

First Team Breakthrough
    After Saturday he needs to make a statement and not play players out of form or clearly not fit. Guys like Tavares Youan and fish had enough games recently showing nothing

Johnson
    Miller
    Bevan
    Hanlon
    Obita

Newell
    Welsh
    Amos
    Marcondes
    Boyle

Vente

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    We lined up 4-2-3-1 on Saturday so we cannot blame 4-4-2. I haven’t been at a game for a while but apparently it’s been 4-2-3-1 for a few games now. Perhaps going back to 4-4-2 might be an idea.
    I think some just haven’t paid much attention from the start. It is 442. Always has been, we just usually play it with one or sometimes both of the forwards very deep. Call it whatever, it is the same approach with different players having been tried. It’s still slow, we play or wide players too narrow and deep and our forwards too deep.

Yeah Emilio sits a bit behind the other striker just now. Save as Vente did before when Boyle played up. Same as Campbell did. Same as his first game when Doidge played there and was trying to win the ball deep.

I don’t think people hugely care what it is called, they care that the way we play it is boring and isn’t working.

We played 442 at home to Luzern and it was brilliant so the name itself doesn’t matter.

It's not so much the fornation it's how they are set up with the areas they take up and the play not moving forward quickly enough, coupled with a real lack of movement off the ball and cohesion with it.

Compare Monty's usual 4 4 2 with Johnson's - the middle 2 under Monty are virtually starting yards off the centre backs - both of them. The full backs start deeper and as we've seen with Vente, our striker drops deeper more often. The posession build up is too slow and isn't purposeful enough. You just need to look at the Luzern home game to see that the 4 4 2 can be utilised better in a different shape. As much as Johnson had to go, his team got forward quicker and with more purpose - hence more goals scored (defending under Johnson another matter).

St Mirren commentary mentioned it a number of times in the first half, that we kept giving them time to get back in shape with our customary 3 or 4 square passes at the back.

Lovell mentioned on Hibs commentary few weeks ago the same, we look for safe passes too often when first thought should be playing forward. With the pace we have wide it's even more beneficial.

I know that's not anything new from what's already been said

I wonder what the answer will be if the question is what changes will Monty make. Surely even he won’t start Newell and Levitt together. Will he start Whittaker. I’d sack him now but as that’s unlikely to happen hopefully he will at least try to shake things up after Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Crab apple View Post
    I wonder what the answer will be if the question is what changes will Monty make. Surely even he won’t start Newell and Levitt together. Will he start Whittaker. I’d sack him now but as that’s unlikely to happen hopefully he will at least try to shake things up after Saturday.
    He cannot possibly start Whittaker, its not fair to the lad, the team or the support. I am sure he has the potential for a good career ahead of him but he is not ready to play from the start or even on the bench now that Megwa, Cadden and Miller can at least play some part.

Surely quite a few need dropping

Marshall
    Cadden Fish ??? Obita
    Boyle Amos Welsh or Newell MM
    Vente Emiliano

The bulk of our matches under Monty have been 442 . Last couple of weeks it's been 4231 with Newell and levitt dropping deep and the wingers coming back to help the fullbacks at times Marcondes playing as a 10 and its similar to the other imo .

Biggest problem with either formation is we only play with two midfielders who since the 8 of Nov have mainly been Newell and levitt even though at times we come up against 3 midfielders .

Interesting to see what changes he makes for Wednesday . We will probably go with two in midfield again against there 3 in O'Riley, McGregor and Bernardo

I'd change the seats.........to make them face away from the pitch