hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: St Minging

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just thank your lucky stars I wasn’t on this episode, I’m still in a foul mood 😂

Whilst taking a dump this morning I was of good mind to drive down to HTC and ask for an audience with Mr Montgomery.
    Pedanic Hibee this morning.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From outside looking in there is a very good argument that sacking him now is justified. The evidence is there that when The Gordons and Kensell sacked Ross/Maloney/Johnson they were all on a similar run that Montgomery is on now.

Sacking him now would save Montgomery from putting a deposit on a house and he could make a clean break for him and his family.

Out of the four Ross was the best manager for us, there is absolutely no doubt about that. He got us to third and in cup finals. He was sacked after he wasn't backed in the transfer market and it was just after a Covid outbreak in the squad and the SPFL rammed a whole load of fixtures at us that November & December. Know some will says aye, but we bottled it in finals. Fair enough, but see where we are now.

Ross was already there before The Gordons and Kensell came on the scene. I always got the feeling that they tied the hands of Mathie & Ross and at the first point we went on a difficult run they both got the boot. Ron Gordon is on record that he sacked Ross too early. Even Boyle said it was the wrong decision.

The result was the Wine Seller appointed himself Head of Recruitment and since then it has turned into a complete farce on the park.
    I think The Sommelier is a kinder name ...but I wasn't popular pointing out that Ian Gordon (the owners son and someone with no experience of player recruitment) should be, after an extensive extensive global search, be appointed as Head of Player Recruitment. Thankfully he is no longer in the role but Ian, Ben and Brian need to reflect in the appointment of an another wholly unsuitable manager. For the record, I hope this post ages really badly but, sadly, I don't think it will.