hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipper1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From Monty’s press conference:

Is Owen Bevan still a bit away?

“Owen is still a few weeks away; we’ll keep in touch with Bournemouth on that one but hopefully he’ll come back and add competition for places. He’s coming back from a muscle injury so we’ll just have to monitor that situation. He’s not available right now but in future hopefully he’ll be available at some point this season.”
    Not great when we needed first team ready defenders to come in and play. How much of the season will be left by the time he is back from injury and up to match fitness.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Not great when we needed first team ready defenders to come in and play. How much of the season will be left by the time he is back from injury and up to match fitness.
    Seems like an entirely pointless signing, I’d assumed he was back and ready to go.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Seems like an entirely pointless signing, I’d assumed he was back and ready to go.
    I thought Monty said he would only get in players ready to go. I can understand the “gelling “ but being injured??

GGTTH

I imagine Bevan wasn't massively part of NM's recruitment and more just given to us as part of the Foley link up. Perhaps even an initial loan to look at him to see if we think he's worth keeping for next year.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Bevan will be back to score the winner in the playoff

Still reckon Joe Newell bombed him out The squad due to his haircut

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Perversely I'm looking forward to the game tonight.

I've missed too many games lately through various other things getting in the way so it will be nice to get a wee run at games again.

It has the feeling of one that can only really go 2 ways. Either we will bounce back and give a good account of ourselves and have something to be encouraged by or it will be so bad it will feel like a watershed (admittedly we may have got close to or even past that point on Saturday).

Almost regardless of how we are playing I like a midweek game under the lights when it's freezing and you have to be properly wrapped up. Below freezing at kick off forecast so it certainly ticks that box.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I've missed too many games lately through various other things getting in the way so it will be nice to get a wee run at games again.

It has the feeling of one that can only really go 2 ways. Either we will bounce back and give a good account of ourselves and have something to be encouraged by or it will be so bad it will feel like a watershed (admittedly we may have got close to or even past that point on Saturday).

Almost regardless of how we are playing I like a midweek game under the lights when it's freezing and you have to be properly wrapped up. Below freezing at kick off forecast so it certainly ticks that box.
    It would be a very Hibs thing to do to play a blinder tonight and win. Certainly won't be putting a bet on it though!

“Owen is still a few weeks away; we’ll keep in touch with Bournemouth on that one but hopefully he’ll come back and add competition for places. He’s coming back from a muscle injury so we’ll just have to monitor that situation. He’s not available right now but in future hopefully he’ll be available at some point this season.”
    Was he injured when we signed him? We've surely not gone and signed an injured player on loan who is out for a few weeks? Surely not?

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Strange one tonight. We were as poor as we've been for many a year on Saturday, but I've lost count the number of times Hibs have put in a performance against Celtic or Rangers immediately before or after a shocking result in a game we were expecting to win. Add to that Celtic haven't been firing on all cylinders and they've only won twice in their last 12 league visits to ER since we were promoted in 2017. I'm juggling between a 1-3 defeat or a 1-1 draw.

This is becoming ridiculous now

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Ok cheers. Strange one though with Rocky and Hanlon still about not exactly short of numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

We need to try and not lose an early goal. We absolutely fall to pieces and give ourselves a mountain to climb. If we can stick in there for as long as possible and maybe nick the first goal then it might be interesting. We are massive underdogs and we expect Celtic to have huge amounts of possession anyway so tonight feels a bit different. What we can't do is meekly succumb to them without laying a glove.

Looks like it's going to be Nectar and Fish again at the back going by Montgomery's interview which isn't good news at all.
    Last edited by Since452; 07-02-2024 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Another waste of a signing....
    Maybe match fit for relegation battle.

We are massive underdogs going into this one and I suppose what I'd most like to see ( and everyone else would too) is a reaction , abit of fight and a better performance , if we do and lose without taking a drubbing i don't think there should be a reaction against the team or manager imo . Still hoping we get a point or even 3 though 🤞 🤡😂

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    “Hopefully he’ll be available at some point this season.”

First Team Breakthrough
    I'm not going tonight rushing around after work, trying to get parked etc and Hibs don't turn up. I've never missed 3 games in a row but for me its a bind its not enjoyable and certainly not worth the effort. 3 nil Celtc

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    So angry on Saturday at the lack of effort and commitment. 4 days later and for some strange reason I'm looking forward to this game. It's a bit of a free hit in some respects.

Don't think we'll win but got a feeling we might surprise them and give them a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    “Hopefully he’ll be available at some point this season.”
    I wonder if we’re classing it as a bit of a trial period.

Have a good look at him when he’s fit, see if he’s any good and then potentially sign him in the summer as a fish replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Hero76 View Post
    I'm not going tonight rushing around after work, trying to get parked etc and Hibs don't turn up. I've never missed 3 games in a row but for me its a bind its not enjoyable and certainly not worth the effort. 3 nil Celtc
    I'm going. 2-1 Hibs.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    So angry on Saturday at the lack of effort and commitment. 4 days later and for some strange reason I'm looking forward to this game. It's a bit of a free hit in some respects.

Don't think we'll win but got a feeling we might surprise them and give them a game.
    Looking forward to it also.

Wonder if Marcondes is able to play 3 full games in a week after his recent injury

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Wonder if Marcondes is able to play 3 full games in a week after his recent injury
    Hopefully if he does play tonight he’s a lot better than Saturday passed.

Was as poor as anyone.

After we conceded the 3rd goal he under hit a pass by about 20 yards to our defence and St Mirren got straight on the ball again.

Clearly a very good player, but he’s our main man now and we need him to drive the standards

Left by mutual consent!
    Massive underdogs? Yes, we probably are, but I’m going for a draw tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    It would be a very Hibs thing to do to play a blinder tonight and win. Certainly won't be putting a bet on it though!
    I have - Hibs, St Johnstone double 😄

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Hopefully if he does play tonight he’s a lot better than Saturday passed.

Was as poor as anyone.

After we conceded the 3rd goal he under hit a pass by about 20 yards to our defence and St Mirren got straight on the ball again.

Clearly a very good player, but he’s our main man now and we need him to drive the standards
    I thought he was very good against Killie and not so good on Saturday .
    Apologies if you have already seen this EEN article , there's a wee bit in it suggesting that Marcondes was having to do to much . Is that a possibility why he wasn't as good on Saturday maybe? .
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...points-4504349

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Why the actual **** did we sign an INJURED PLAYER

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Because we are a playground for footballing complete idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    We signed a loan agreement. If we waited 2/3 weeks till he was fit that wouldn't have been possible. I'd assume if he doesnt get fit the loan will just get cancelled and he will go back to Bournemouth. Would have been a bigger issue if we hadn't got the other guys (the one that was our first pick). Its costing us nowt so its not really an issue.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    We signed a loan agreement. If we waited 2/3 weeks till he was fit that wouldn't have been possible. I'd assume if he doesnt get fit the loan will just get cancelled and he will go back to Bournemouth. Would have been a bigger issue if we hadn't got the other guys (the one that was our first pick). Its costing us nowt so its not really an issue.
    Yeah BUT WHY?!!

Tha jsfulky we signed the Greek Lorenzo Amoruso so no harm no foul

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrows tongue View Post
    Massive underdogs? Yes, we probably are, but I’m going for a draw tonight.

Celtic drop points in a quarter of their league games.
    Getting something tonight shouldn’t be out of the question.