hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70

Hibernian v Celtic

Anyone know if you are allowed to bring sofas in?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Email the Chairman, he would know

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    There will be plenty of room.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Yes if he is registered as a trialist we need a solid sitting midfielder
    Last edited by gbhibby; 04-02-2024 at 06:28 PM.

FFS.....should have said DFS

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    expect another defeat on Wednesday and as much as it's unpleasant saying this hopefully heartz take at least a point at McDiarmid, a home win will see st johnstone go above us

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Is Boyle available

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    The ultimate humiliation of Montgomery's reign, giving Brendan Rodgers his first win at Easter Road.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Is Boyle available
    You would like to think so. Middlesboro had the guy Sam Silvera coming on yesterday and he was in Oz squad. Miller and Boyle and hopefully Hanlon surely come straight in. Personally would play 3 at the back v Celtic but assume not an option.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Don’t expect to win this but please please please not another passive timid pathetic performance

Play our most experienced players and the best of the newbies roll up our sleeves and get right in their faces and close them down from the off don’t give them a minutes peace win the first ball and the second because they ain’t anything special and see where it takes us get the fans behind us and see what happens

I can see us scoring

If we lose we go down fighting

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Don’t expect to win this but please please please not another passive timid pathetic performance

Play our most experienced players and the best of the newbies roll up our sleeves and get right in their faces and close them down from the off don’t give them a minutes peace win the first ball and the second because they ain’t anything special and see where it takes us get the fans behind us and see what happens

I can see us scoring

If we lose we go down fighting
    Exactly. This game could actually be good for us - pressure's off, fans expect nothing from the game. Show some fight!

I'm ironically not worried about this game at all. Not because I think we'll get anything, but because I'd resigned myself to these fixtures being an automatic loss a long time ago.

If we concede first 10 minutes though it could be a cricket score.

To have a chance of at least competing we need to drop:

Youan (non trier)
    Tavares
    Maolida (seriously unfit)
    Levitt
    Triantis
    Whittaker

Bringing in:

Boyle
    Hanlon
    Miller
    Stevenson (push Obita to left mid)
    Amos / Moria Welsh
    Vente / ALF

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    To have a chance of at least competing we need to drop:

Youan (non trier)
    Tavares
    Maolida (seriously unfit)
    Levitt
    Triantis
    Whittaker

Bringing in:

Boyle
    Hanlon
    Miller
    Stevenson (push Obita to left mid)
    Amos / Moria Welsh
    Vente / ALF
    I would go with that. Especially Le Fondre, I think we've missed him more than we realise. Most of our good performances this season have been when he's played.

Presuming we stick with 4231 I would probably go with:

Marshall

Cadden or Miller
    Fish
    Hanlon
    Obita

Amos
    Moriah Welsh

Boyle
    Marcondes
    Newall

Malioda.

Looks a more solid team on paper to me.

Would probably have put ALF ahead of Vente but he is just back. Also thought the young Spanish boy looked lively when he came on.

Oh and if Hanlon is out then Obita at centre half and Lewis in.
    Last edited by flash; 05-02-2024 at 09:00 AM.

First Team Breakthrough
    I think we are gonna have a very small crowd at this game. Most comments I see are fans are not gonna turn up due to being bored expecting to get turned over quite badly and hopefully by not turning up the board will get the message and sack NM.. anyone any thoughts on this? Are you doing the same? I'm not sure what sacking another manager will get us tbh, not without having someone very decent already agreed to take over as we can't sack and go 5-6wks without someone.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Thought my feeling of disconnect was higher then usual going into the Rangers game but this is on a new level.

You get the feeling if we scrape another 0-0 it won't make a blind bit of difference going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogga View Post
    Exactly. This game could actually be good for us - pressure's off, fans expect nothing from the game. Show some fight!
    Needs to forget everything else and just pick a team that he thinks is going to run, tackle and fight.

Hanlon if fit needs to come in for Triantis, which is mad as it means we’re just in the same position as we were before the window.

Middle of the park needs completely changed with Amos and Moriah-Welsh in. If either don’t start, their signings are totally pointless IMO.

I’m not Miller’s biggest fan but a right hand side of him and Boyle is a significant upgrade on what we saw on Saturday. Miller will tackle and Boyle will run.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Difficult to know who is available.

Wollacot/Johnson

Cadden/Miller
    Rocky
    Hanlon
    Obita

Mariah-Welsh
    Amos
    Emiliamo

Boyle
    ALF
    Maolida

Be the usual insipid stuff with that formation. Teflon Newell and his wee pal Levitt getting steamrolled by McGregor and Co.

I'll wait till the line up/formation is announced on social media and then head along if it isn't 4-4-2 - but it will be with Youan and Jair starting, so i'm going for 0 shots in first half and half the crowd away by half time again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzjw1875 View Post
    I think we are gonna have a very small crowd at this game. Most comments I see are fans are not gonna turn up due to being bored expecting to get turned over quite badly and hopefully by not turning up the board will get the message and sack NM.. anyone any thoughts on this? Are you doing the same? I'm not sure what sacking another manager will get us tbh, not without having someone very decent already agreed to take over as we can't sack and go 5-6wks without someone.
    It will be a smaller crowd than if we had played well and who can blame anyone who doesn't fancy it.

Having said that I am almost perversely looking forward to it as I still have a wee gut feeling that we will slowly improve as the new boys settle in.

Still remember winning a derby a few days after a 7 goal disaster at Ibrox so anythings possible.

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandWillie View Post
    Be the usual insipid stuff with that formation. Teflon Newell and his wee pal Levitt getting steamrolled by McGregor and Co.

I'll wait till the line up/formation is announced on social media and then head along if it isn't 4-4-2 - but it will be with Youan and Jair starting, so i'm going for 0 shots in first half and half the crowd away by half time again.
    We haven't played 442 since Emiliano arrived.

@hibs.net private member
    I’m working anyway but I feel like if I wasn’t I still couldn’t bring myself to watch this one.

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Difficult to know who is available.

Wollacot/Johnson

Cadden/Miller
    Rocky
    Hanlon
    Obita

Mariah-Welsh
    Amos
    Emiliamo

Boyle
    ALF
    Maolida

Marsh

Miller
    Nectar
    Hanlon
    Obita

Marcondes
    Amos
    Newll

Boyle
    Vente
    Moalida

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    It will be a smaller crowd than if we had played well and who can blame anyone who doesn't fancy it.

Having said that I am almost perversely looking forward to it as I still have a wee gut feeling that we will slowly improve as the new boys settle in.

Still remember winning a derby a few days after a 7 goal disaster at Ibrox so anythings possible.
    I'm the same.

I get a bit like that though. The season we were relegated under Butcher I didn't miss a game home or away during the horrific run. Took a half day from work for the Ross County away game and made the long journey alone because no one else wanted to go. Stood outside ER from about 2am to buy tickets for the play off away leg. I think it's because if I'm going to moan like **** then I want to earn the right to do so.

I also still hold a naive belief that even when all the evidence points to the contrary one day it will just click and I'd rather not miss it when it does.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

McGregor in particular will have a field day against our two in midfield. Pity we didn't have a Jeggo type player to stick on him Wonder if he'll use Vente in that role again?

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    I'm ironically not worried about this game at all. Not because I think we'll get anything, but because I'd resigned myself to these fixtures being an automatic loss a long time ago.

If we concede first 10 minutes though it could be a cricket score.
    That's a reason to worry surely? I'm fully expecting us to take a hiding, with the only source of hope being that Celtic are blowing hot and cold this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm the same.

I get a bit like that though. The season we were relegated under Butcher I didn't miss a game home or away during the horrific run. Took a half day from work for the Ross County away game and made the long journey alone because no one else wanted to go. Stood outside ER from about 2am to buy tickets for the play off away leg. I think it's because if I'm going to moan like **** then I want to earn the right to do so.

I also still hold a naive belief that even when all the evidence points to the contrary one day it will just click and I'd rather not miss it when it does.
    Dictionary definition of a fitba supporter there.

I feel the same. I only really moan about a game or player if I was actually at the game.

Was that the cup game at Dingwall that went to extra time? That was a late one.

@hibs.net private member WeAreHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzjw1875 View Post
    I′m undecided, especially when my 10yr old that is obsessed with Hibs turns round and says "let's watch it on the telly". The right thing is to support the team, but..........

Reckon I'll play it by ear based on the weather.
    Last edited by WeAreHibs; 05-02-2024 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Dictionary definition of a fitba supporter there.

I feel the same. I only really moan about a game or player if I was actually at the game.

Was that the cup game at Dingwall that went to extra time? That was a late one.
    Second last game of the relegation season, we lost 1-0
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years