hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesdaft16 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He hasn't no. But he couldn't have done much worse than the last three appointments and based on what I've described on the above posts I feel he would have been a much better appointment than a coach with no managerial experience and someone from the A-league who managed there 18 months. Done a much better job for Sunderland than Lee Johnson also. Ask Sunderland fans who they would rather have as manager on that one. His temperament is exactly what we need, our club is weak, our players crumble when we concede a goal and there's absolutely no confidence in the club. Get someone in that will rustle a few feathers and give them a bloody kick up the arse.
    It’s not 1980 where running up sand dunes and being shouted and swore at make for a good football team. Roy Keane is an arse who would much more likely cause a players revolt rather than motivate the players to achieve. No club has touched him since January 2011. We need to ask ourselves why that is.

He might have been an initial success at Sunderland but that is largely credited with bringing in ex Manchester United players, an area of knowledge which he no longer has the advantage of. The players are finally reported to have celebrated him leaving the club, not exactly normal behaviour from a happy team.

It’s not a temperamental manager we need, it’s a good one.
    Last edited by Paul1642; 06-02-2024 at 10:17 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul1642 View Post
    It’s not 1980 where running up sand dunes and being shouted and swore at make for a good football team. Roy Keane is an arse who would much more likely cause a players revolt rather than motivate the players to achieve. No club has touched him since January 2011. We need to ask ourselves why that is.

He might have been an initial success at Sunderland but that is largely credited with bringing in ex Manchester United players, an area or knowledge which he no longer has the advantage of. The players are finally reported to have celebrated him leaving the club, not exactly normal behaviour from a happy team.

It’s not a temperamental manager we need, it’s a good one.
    I understand your concern about his temperament. But he would raise the profile of the club massively. There is no doubt he will still have good contacts and be a pull for some players. And he is incredibly funny. But he aint coming is he.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    I understand your concern about his temperament. But he would raise the profile of the club massively. There is no doubt he will still have good contacts and be a pull for some players. And he is incredibly funny. But he aint coming is he.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesdaft16 View Post
    He hasn't no. But he couldn't have done much worse than the last three appointments and based on what I've described on the above posts I feel he would have been a much better appointment than a coach with no managerial experience and someone from the A-league who managed there 18 months. Done a much better job for Sunderland than Lee Johnson also. Ask Sunderland fans who they would rather have as manager on that one. His temperament is exactly what we need, our club is weak, our players crumble when we concede a goal and there's absolutely no confidence in the club. Get someone in that will rustle a few feathers and give them a bloody kick up the arse.
    You keep saying he couldn't have done much worse than the last 3 managers but that's not accurate , of course he could have done worse . Yes he got Sunderland promoted though it ended badly and he left by mutual consent ! . Sunderland were at one point 18th in the premier , Everton had beaten them 7-1 and he had lost 5 out of 6 games too.

When he was at Ipswich he failed to win any of his first 14 games and at one point Ipswich dropped to 21st in the league and he was dismissed . Two managerial jobs he's had with both teams struggling with him having a overall win rate of about 38%.

As to his temperament that you think we need so much he caused nothing but mayhem in the world cup which didn't help Ireland at all . Then you have the incident with Haaland and when he was at Sunderland it was reported the players celebrated when hearing he was gone .

I really don't understand why somebody thats as much of a loose cannon as he is with a s**** managerial record is even getting mentioned though then again Rooney will probably at some point get another managers job too because he's just a big name in football as well 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    You keep saying he couldn't have done much worse than the last 3 managers but that's not accurate , of course he could have done worse . Yes he got Sunderland promoted though it ended badly and he left by mutual consent ! . Sunderland were at one point 18th in the premier , Everton had beaten them 7-1 and he had lost 5 out of 6 games too.

When he was at Ipswich he failed to win any of his first 14 games and at one point Ipswich dropped to 21st in the league and he was dismissed . Two managerial jobs he's had with both teams struggling with him having a overall win rate of about 38%.

As to his temperament that you think we need so much he caused nothing but mayhem in the world cup which didn't help Ireland at all . Then you have the incident with Haaland and when he was at Sunderland it was reported the players celebrated when hearing he was gone .

I really don't understand why somebody thats as much of a loose cannon as he is with a s**** managerial record is even getting mentioned though then again Rooney will probably at some point get another managers job too because he's just a big name in football as well 😂
    Yes I do and I stand by it. Just as you are standing by your equally inaccurate opinion is he would have been a worse appointment based on not much but guess work either. He got sacked off Sunderland yes, how many jobs including Sunderland has Johnson been sacked from even before he came and made a mess of our job?

He's a better managerial record than all three of our last appointments with a promotion to the Premiership, I'm afraid for your argument that trumps all.