hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Neil Warnock's Aberdeen to beat NM's Hibs and be the final nail in the coffin of his protégé?
    You wish.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    You wish.
    I've stated on many posts I'll happily eat humble pie if Monty comes good. Merely pointing out that football has a way of throwing up these storylines.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I think he’ll be really good for them. I’ve always liked him

His videos from back in the day at Sheffield United are absolute gold

’You’ve got to die for three points’ imagine him trying to get that across to a mouse like Levitt 😂

He’d have a harder job kicking our current shower of no hoper instagrammer frauds into shape anyway.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Love his attitude! Call him a dinosaur and all that, but he's just what we need right now at Hibs.

From the BBC: Warnock likes to make an initial assessment of his new squad in what he calls "a no-holds barred" training match. "Put your pads on, 25-30 minutes is plenty of time in the kind of game I like," he explained with a chuckle. "I can get a good feeling for the lads who don't want to head it, don't want to tackle." It's then that he will make his decisions over tactics and formation, because the Englishman is not constrained by a rigid philosophy.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Not my favourite individual but has a decent record of turning round under performing teams and getting them punching above their weight.

Looking forward to hearing how he reacts when hun officials give their team their penalties and other dodgy decisions

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    Confirmed. Stand by my position of not being worried by this.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul1642 View Post
    Confirmed. Stand by my position of not being worried by this.
    Think he may surprise a few folk, will certainly be entertaining.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZjgpRhqPno

About 15:15 in... given NM claims Warnock is a bit of a mentor to him, I think NM needs to listen to him a bit more. He says you don't go into a club with a way of playing that you insist on right away. You go into a club, look at what you've got and build a system around that and then try and make some changes.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Love his attitude! Call him a dinosaur and all that, but he's just what we need right now at Hibs.

From the BBC: Warnock likes to make an initial assessment of his new squad in what he calls "a no-holds barred" training match. "Put your pads on, 25-30 minutes is plenty of time in the kind of game I like," he explained with a chuckle. "I can get a good feeling for the lads who don't want to head it, don't want to tackle." It's then that he will make his decisions over tactics and formation, because the Englishman is not constrained by a rigid philosophy.
    Could you imagine his half time team talk to our lot after that 45mins against St Mirren.😳😂 His style may not be in fashion these days but he’s spot on about identifying the players who have the heart for the fight being a higher priority that a predetermined system. Our team is, and has been for long enough, littered with players who are great at flicks/tricks but when it comes down to just aren’t prepared, or equipped, to be combative in the SPL.

Buzzing Warnock is in scottish football now tbh. Total character.

@hibs.net private member
    I am intrigued to see how this goes.

Is this the perfect experiment for if a manager needs knowledge of Scottish football or not?

https://twitter.com/UpshotTowers/sta...B9MMx61EQ&s=19

Just when we thought Scottish football couldn't get any crazier.

Don't know why but feel a bit of jealousy with this appointment. Would have loved to see the entertainment value with him at ER. Couldny do any worse than Monty.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    Don't know why but feel a bit of jealousy with this appointment. Would have loved to see the entertainment value with him at ER. Couldny do any worse than Monty.
    Likewise.

Think he’ll get them up the league quite comfortably and they’ll get a bit entertainment along the way with a manager with a bit of personality.

Can’t see either of those things happening at Hibs and we’ll retain the most boring manager known to man.

He will do well for them and get the players into shape.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Ah "the Scottish game" what ever that is
    You don’t think the game is played differently in different countries?

Different leagues, different styles. Most of us can see it clearly, it’s been that way for decades.

I love all those old monster managers and Warnock is near the top of the list for laughs.
    If you look at his record he has the ability to turn things around when chips are down. My only concern is his age. That Beach End wind won't help his bones. But thank god for some light in the tedious Scottish football scene.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    If we had got him till the end of the season, even if we sacked him before the end it would be cheaper than 2-3 year manager deals!
    Maybe need to look at the Celtic way of 1 year rolling contract!!!

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    I love all those old monster managers and Warnock is near the top of the list for laughs.
    If you look at his record he has the ability to turn things around when chips are down. My only concern is his age. That Beach End wind won't help his bones. But thank god for some light in the tedious Scottish football scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    If we had got him till the end of the season, even if we sacked him before the end it would be cheaper than 2-3 year manager deals!
    Maybe need to look at the Celtic way of 1 year rolling contract!!!
    Warnock's main strength is people skills, he knows how to build great team spirit and get the best out of players. We are crying out for that.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Warnock's main strength is people skills, he knows how to build great team spirit and get the best out of players. We are crying out for that.
    Just said the same thing to someone else, watched his full presser from this morning. Thats a guy who gets it, its infectious and rubs off on fans and players.

He will get them going no problem at all.

He gave me what we had under Lennon vibes...

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Just said the same thing to someone else, watched his full presser from this morning. Thats a guy who gets it, its infectious and rubs off on fans and players.

He will get them going no problem at all.

He gave me what we had under Lennon vibes...
    I listened to him on the Levein podcast, he was brilliant. Also he was on Sky Sports in the studio last week for a championship game - sharp as a tack and had everyone in stitches.

Quote Originally Posted by USA_Hibee View Post

Is this the perfect experiment for if a manager needs knowledge of Scottish football or not?
    He's been in the game longer than most of us have been alive. The idea that the Scottish game might be some mythical beast, particularly to one of the most successful managers at English Championship level ever is hilarious.

Hope he fails miserably of course

@hibs.net private member
    Would love to see Warnock at Aberdeen going toe to toe with Lenny as our boss but not likely to happen sadly.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Buzzing Warnock is in scottish football now tbh. Total character.
    ’Character’ is one word for him. I can think of another word beginning with the same letter to describe him, but I won’t say it when there are ladies on the forum . However, my personal feelings don’t matter. I think the auld yin could do well; he will certainly have Aberdeen motivated and ready to scrap for every point.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Just watched his press conference, I actually find him coming across as quite disrespectful, just wondering if he would be so piss taking if it was a epl job he had taken

Quote Originally Posted by Helensburghhibs View Post
    Just watched his press conference, I actually find him coming across as quite disrespectful, just wondering if he would be so piss taking if it was a epl job he had taken
    I think he absolutely would.

Quote Originally Posted by USA_Hibee View Post

He does actually have knowledge of Scottish Football, he often went to see a team in the Scottish Championship, said he always enjoyed Scottish Football when interviewed by BBC Scotland at the time.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I like how despite claiming for years he's a Rangers fan that he now claims he's a Morton fan and has a brick with his name on it there and he just pretends to be a Rangers fan to wind up Alan Brazil. He knows he needed to try play down his bluenose tendencies to the sheep.

I can imagine the Aberdeen media manager will be on permanent cringe mode with some of his interviews. That cringe probably started with the borderline racist comment about Hearts choosing a foreign manager over him.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I like how despite claiming for years he's a Rangers fan that he now claims he's a Morton fan and has a brick with his name on it there and he just pretends to be a Rangers fan to wind up Alan Brazil. He knows he needed to try play down his bluenose tendencies to the sheep.

I can imagine the Aberdeen media manager will be on permanent cringe mode with some of his interviews. That cringe probably started with the borderline racist comment about Hearts choosing a foreign manager over him.
    I wonder if he has any connection to Greenock? Morton is a bit random.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar