hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Desire

Desire

That's the single biggest miss in this set up. I can't wait for the return of Boyle, not because he's playing at the level of pre injury Boyle - he's not yet -but because he might just stretch the game, might just panic defenders, won't give up on chasing down speculative back pass errors and actually gives a hoot about Hibs.

He's not the Messiah but I miss his football desire in this pedestrian landscape

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Tend to agree with this but one man wanting to get stuck in doesn't solve our current lack of desire on the pitch.

I've seen some bad Hibs teams but this one totally lacks real leaders on the pitch, I cant see who is going to fight for the ball in the middle, do the ugly stuff and drive us forward. A bit like Gogic did yesterday.

This is about as disinterested in Hibs as I've been in 58 years, it's not about the defeats, it's the manner of them and we have been doing it pretty consistently for a while now.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tend to agree with this but one man wanting to get stuck in doesn't solve our current lack of desire on the pitch.

I've seen some bad Hibs teams but this one totally lacks real leaders on the pitch, I cant see who is going to fight for the ball in the middle, do the ugly stuff and drive us forward. A bit like Gogic did yesterday.

This is about as disinterested in Hibs as I've been in 58 years, it's not about the defeats, it's the manner of them and we have been doing it pretty consistently for a while now.

I'm not being literal in that everything hinges on Boyle,more looking for a spark that hopefully reignites the fire in others and helps the like of Marcondes.
    At least Boyler is a proven fire starter...

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    I'm not being literal in that everything hinges on Boyle,more looking for a spark that hopefully reignites the fire in others and helps the like of Marcondes.
    Understood, my point really is we need more like him on the pitch with a bit of a feel for the club. We probably could have stuck Stevenson and a fit Campbell in there yesterday and got a better performance characterwise........

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Understood, my point really is we need more like him on the pitch with a bit of a feel for the club. We probably could have stuck Stevenson and a fit Campbell in there yesterday and got a better performance characterwise...

Absolutely.

First thing id do is stick Lewis into midfield for Wednesday. He would put a tackle in and give us a proper shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergos View Post
    First thing id do is stick Lewis into midfield for Wednesday. He would put a tackle in and give us a proper shift.
    McGregor would be too young, too fit for a Lewy who’s no longer the right side of 35. If Lewy plays it can’t be midfield in a two against the champions (imho).

We did manage to nullify McGregor in the last game at ER by Vente going toe to toe man marking him. McGregor only started influencing things in the last 15 mins after Vente went off.

Some have the heart, the size of a midges tit
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergos View Post
    I know what you’re meaning but it would be a seriously damning indictment of poor recruitment if we had to shoehorn a 35 year old left back in to midfield when we’ve made 3 additions in the part of the pitch.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I know what you’re meaning but it would be a seriously damning indictment of poor recruitment if we had to shoehorn a 35 year old left back in to midfield when we’ve made 3 additions in the part of the pitch.
    He's 36. Makes it all the more stark

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Some have the heart, the size of a midges tit
    😅😅