hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Obita

Obita

Just watched the highlights for the first goal.

Awful stuff.

Firstly, Newell is a fortnight late with his challenge and gives away a really cheap foul. Really poor from Joe.

Second. Obita totally loses the flight of the ball from the resulting free kick which is floated into the back post. He doesn’t even attempt to jump or challenge and as a result Madron heads the ball across goal which temporarily gets cleared only for Boyd - Munce to pick up the ball and runs to the by line and once again Obita does little to stop the cross resulting in a goal.

Shocking stuff and part of the reason we are soft. Unacceptable!
    Last edited by Greensunshine; 04-02-2024 at 01:36 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just watched the highlights for the first goal.

Awful stuff.

Firstly, Newell is a fortnight late with his challenge and gives away a really cheap foul. Really poor from Joe.

Second. Obita totally loses the flight of the ball from the resulting free kick which is floated into the back post. He doesn’t even attempt to jump or challenge and as a result Madron heads the ball across goal which temporarily gets cleared only for Boyd - Munce to pick up the ball and runs to the by line and once again Obita does little to stop the cross resulting in a goal.

Shocking stuff and part of the reason we are soft. Unacceptable!
    Obita cost us hugely in the last St Mirren game giving away the penalty and also in the semi v Aberdeen he was the main culprit for the Sheep goal.

Despite that and today I think overall he has been one of our best perforners this season. Although, like in the Maloney season when Cadden won player of the year, that tells you more about how utterly pish our season has been than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Obita cost us hugely in the last St Mirren game giving away the penalty and also in the semi v Aberdeen he was the main culprit for the Sheep goal.

Despite that and today I think overall he has been one of our best perforners this season. Although, like in the Maloney season when Cadden won player of the year, that tells you more about how utterly pish our season has been than anything else.
    Needs a rocket up his arse, that first goal set the tone. All the little things we didn’t do add up. It’s not on. So I’m calling him out. Get your finger out Obita!

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Needs a rocket up his arse, that first goal set the tone. All the little things we didn’t do add up. It’s not on. So I’m calling him out. Get your finger out Obita!
    He's never had better than a 7/10 performance for us. Last week there was a thread saying player of the year contender. Sums it up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    He's never had better than a 7/10 performance for us. Last week there was a thread saying player of the year contender. Sums it up for me.
    We need players that know how to defend. The very basics should be that you compete for everything and chase lost causes.

If I’d have done that playing for my Sunday team, I’d get lynched from the lads.

Typical Joe Newell giving away a non trying couldn't be bothered free kick then everyone else is sound asleep from the resultant free kick. NM said Obita is one of the best full backs in the league,shows how clueless he is.

Obita is frustrating. Can be quite dynamic going forward but defending is very inconsistent. He seems to not concentrate for periods of time. Physically he has many good attributes but that doesn't consistently translate to performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Typical Joe Newell giving away a non trying couldn't be bothered free kick then everyone else is sound asleep from the resultant free kick. NM said Obita is one of the best full backs in the league,shows how clueless he is.
    He’s the only real quality we have but he’s slower than week in the jail.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    I was hailing him as our best signing the other week. Then watch his part in the first goal. It's just pitiful for a top flight footballer. Clearly fallen into the general malaise.

In this dismal season, which already feels over in early February although we could still win the cup (i have tickets for inverness but not sure i can face the trip after yesterday), Obita has clearly been a bright spark and id be happy for him to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    In this dismal season, which already feels over in early February although we could still win the cup (i have tickets for inverness but not sure i can face the trip after yesterday), Obita has clearly been a bright spark and id be happy for him to stay.
    He’s got good attributes going forward but you can’t have a defender who switches off like that.
    I wonder if we have anyone in our dressing room who holds players to account. This kind of thing should be nipped in the bud asap.
    We can’t be allowing the opposition to get in as easy as they did.
    Hopefully we’ll see a reaction and we see better performances going forward.

He’s got good attributes going forward but you can’t have a defender who switches off like that.
    I wonder if we have anyone in our dressing room who holds players to account. This kind of thing should be nipped in the bud asap.
    We can’t be allowing the opposition to get in as easy as they did.
    Hopefully we’ll see a reaction and we see better performances going forward.
    Not a single player gets a pass for that abortion of a performance. They all need to be watching film back with proper coaches, (in obitas case knowing where the danger positions are in the box or whatever) that can put it right. As players they need to take this seriously because their careers are atvstake, even the loan signings. Other clubs wont tolerate that either.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Not a single player gets a pass for that abortion of a performance. They all need to be watching film back with proper coaches, (in obitas case knowing where the danger positions are in the box or whatever) that can put it right. As players they need to take this seriously because their careers are atvstake, even the loan signings. Other clubs wont tolerate that either.
    Yes agree with that. I suppose I’m from a different generation having watched Roy Keane and Patrick Viera. They’d have him by the throat in the dressing room at half time but watching repeats is probably the new way.
    I know which one I’d prefer to happen.

@hibs.net private member
    Really poor defending from Obita.

Yet again Marshall rooted to his line. This and third goal are in his six yard box.

He should be taking them.

Costing us goals week after week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK86 View Post

Yet again Marshall rooted to his line. This and third goal are in his six yard box.

He went through a very good spell when NM came in was argualy our best player. But his inability to even attempt to take a cross has cost us goals lately.

Wollacott got stick for dropping the cross v county. Dunno what's worse.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK86 View Post

Completely agree about Marshall. Looks almost scared to move from his line. Sick of watching it now.

Testimonial Due Edinburgh Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Completely agree about Marshall. Looks almost scared to move from his line. Sick of watching it now.
    St Mirren targeted him, playing almost every corner and free kick from wide areas right on top of him, to which he claimed none of them.