hibs.net Messageboard

Never mind the infrastructure

We’ve suffered enough.

Spend all the money on the playing squad.

Sick of hearing about EM and filling in the corners of the stadium,

Get some quality players in our squad asap before it’s too late!

2. Log in to remove the advert

I can’t see it. I have a feeling that the main aim of the club is to bring in young players and sell them on. I don’t think the success of our first team is a priority under the currrent regime.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We’ve suffered enough.

Spend all the money on the playing squad.

Sick of hearing about EM and filling in the corners of the stadium,

Get some quality players in our squad asap before it’s too late!
    In order-
    We can’t as that is part of the agreement with the SFA that some of the funds be used for “the benefit of the local community”. That will be at East Mains and Easter Road

See first answer

Too late the window has shut, as the saying goes, “ you can only pee with cock you have”. The manager will either have to utilise his players better, use different formations or get the sack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    In order-
    We can’t as that is part of the agreement with the SFA that some of the funds be used for “the benefit of the local community”. That will be at East Mains and Easter Road

See first answer

Too late the window has shut, as the saying goes, “ you can only pee with cock you have”. The manager will either have to utilise his players better, use different formations or get the sack.
    Where has the SFA said anything about howHibs spend the money. They gave Foley/BlackKnight permission to invest-End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    In order-

See first answer

I never knew the politics of it all but there’s a way around everything. Spend as little as you have too on the things that aren’t as important and start identifying quality players for next season.
    The supporters have had enough of watching pish week in week out.
    Empty seats all over the stadium tells a story.
    Not only that I fear that we have probably lost a whole generation of new supporters because of the general malaise that surrounds the club.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJP View Post
    I can’t see it. I have a feeling that the main aim of the club is to bring in young players and sell them on. I don’t think the success of our first team is a priority under the currrent regime.
    I realise that this is doom monger stuff but I fear we may be saying goodbye to Hibs as we know it - whether or not the new thing we do is also good waits to be seen but I fear we won’t see many more Lewis Stevenson's or Derek Riordan’s and the like that stick around for long enough to become a club hero .

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I realise that this is doom monger stuff but I fear we may be saying goodbye to Hibs as we know it - whether or not the new thing we do is also good waits to be seen but I fear we won’t see many more Lewis Stevenson's or Derek Riordan’s and the like that stick around for long enough to become a club hero .
    Hope so - the Hibs as we know it is a busted flush and has been for years

We grossly neglect the footballing side, it always seems secondary to Hibs
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

By our standards, we’ve spent heavily on players in recent seasons.
    Would you trust this regime to invest wisely on anything to do with what’s going on on the pitch?

I'd rather we didn't spend the money on the squad until we get the right recruitment team, manager and coaches in. At least with the infrastructure there's less chance of ****ing it up.

The infrastructure surely includes the recruitment team , which could be the least invested and worst performing of the whole club.

Brian (couldn't believe I got the job) McDermott and volunteer scouts.. one thing having a crap anger but we're feeding him and the previous ones crap players too..

@hibs.net private member RMQ1967's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I'd rather we didn't spend the money on the squad until we get the right recruitment team, manager and coaches in. At least with the infrastructure there's less chance of ****ing it up.
    Absolutely this. We now have a squad who's value & wage bill will be far in excess of any that have gone before & probably exceeds every team apart from the Huns & smelik.

We need a management team that can get them organised, working hard & fighting for every ball.
    There's a huge amount of talent available, the manager needs to know how to use it effectively.