hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lost the dressing room?

Do we believe Montgomery has?

I feel he has. Youan and others didn’t look like they wanted to be out there.

No coming back from that for a manager usually.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    I don’t believe any footballer goes onto a football pitch not wanting to be out there. Most of them are just hopeless I’m afraid. Have the odd decent game but that’s about it.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    The new guys that are just in the door as well?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    As far as I’ve heard no he hasn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly . We bring in 6 or 7 new players and folk say the manager has lost the dressing room after 1 match . We signed that number of players for a clear reason - the ones we had weren`t good enough or weren`t doing enough . Modern players and managers know that they can expect to change club / manager / country every few months / years . As fans we have to accept it I suppose .

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Exactly . We bring in 6 or 7 new players and folk say the manager has lost the dressing room after 1 match . We signed that number of players for a clear reason - the ones we had weren`t good enough or weren`t doing enough . Modern players and managers know that they can expect to change club / manager / country every few months / years . As fans we have to accept it I suppose .
    It wasn’t Youan’s first match and he certainly wasn’t playing for him, or us, or even himself today. Similar with Levitt.

Too many on that pitch with no pride and no desire to win. Or even to to compete.

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    The players look like they’re hating every minute of it.
    I know the feeling…

He’s lost me and a high proportion of the support quicker than Johnson did

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMackenzie View Post
    He’s lost me and a high proportion of the support quicker than Johnson did
    Yep, he's lost me too. He's so dull and hard to take to in gerenal personality wise, and then his lack of in game tactics are incredibly worrying. I'm done with him.

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Yep, he's lost me too. He's so dull and hard to take to in gerenal personality wise, and then his lack of in game tactics are incredibly worrying. I'm done with him.

Hate to say it, but I'm in the same boat !
    Best cut our losses now, he's sadly not up to it. ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post

Youan is not a footballer, he’d be better playing for a futsal team or something: the managers a joke but the players are equally to blame. Imposters most of them

You love stirring things. You must be loving it today. You cite Youan. The boy blows hot and cold and you never know from one game to the next what version will show up. A few others were well off it today as well. It happens. But it all adds up to the manager having lost the dressing room?

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by SON OF PADDY View Post
    Hate to say it, but I'm in the same boat !
    Best cut our losses now, he's sadly not up to it. ☹️
    We all know it's coming. It's a question of when, not if now. My bet is after the Aberdeen game.

Its a no win situation for Hibs right now and Celtic to come. Then lets see what happens after that when we get a few training sessions behind us .Worse thing is for me my neighbour is belting the Hearts song out .She telt me to let it go..FFS

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    It wasn’t Youan’s first match and he certainly wasn’t playing for him, or us, or even himself today. Similar with Levitt.

Too many on that pitch with no pride and no desire to win. Or even to to compete.
    Mikey Stewart has talked about length about players who fans claim are apparently not trying. His take is that nobody deliberately doesn't try on the pitch - sometimes, lack of confidence, a manager that isn't working for you or whatever is happening mentally in a negative fashion could mean that you don't give your best. I think there is a lot of sense in that take.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    You love stirring things. You must be loving it today. You cite Youan. The boy blows hot and cold and you never know from one game to the next what version will show up. A few others were well off it today as well. It happens. But it all adds up to the manager having lost the dressing room?
    Loving it right enough.

Put the bottle down and get some sleep.

Lots of new players on the pitch who haven't played together, I'm willing to give it to the rest of the season since I think we'll be mid table either way. Not a great start but sacking yet another manager seems worse. Hopefully they get their **** together in the next few games, otherwise I think he might be gone at the end of the season.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Playing 424 doesn’t work in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    The new guys are so far off it it’s frightening

A collection of misfits and young laddies , awful

Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    The new guys are so far off it it’s frightening

A collection of misfits and young laddies , awful
    And they are the opposite of what thr manager wanted and then says he’s pleased with the window. In fairness he has to say that.

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar

I don't want Youan to be out there either. In the majority of games he's ****in useless.
    Some people say I display apathy, but I don’t care what they think.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipper1875 View Post
    And they are the opposite of what thr manager wanted and then says he’s pleased with the window. In fairness he has to say that.
    It makes me wonder who is calling the shots at the club and if they know the first thing about football.

I’m amazed that a few people on here were turning their noses up at Alex Gogic. Yesterday he outfought anyone on our team, showed the effort to get a goal, knows the league and is a proven player at this level.

We don’t need more Youan’s or Emilianos or Nectars - we need solid, reliable, and slightly boring players that will bring us stability. Same problem as every other transfer window in the last 2 or so years.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    As far as I’ve heard no he hasn’t.
    I don't actually know if that is supposed to be a positive.

How can he getting performances that bad from a dressing room he hasn't lost!

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Mikey Stewart has talked about length about players who fans claim are apparently not trying. His take is that nobody deliberately doesn't try on the pitch - sometimes, lack of confidence, a manager that isn't working for you or whatever is happening mentally in a negative fashion could mean that you don't give your best. I think there is a lot of sense in that take.
    I agree with you, I don't think players aren't trying but they look so lost, so lacking in confidence and motivation under him.

Yesterday felt like the opposite side of the Aberdeen Goodwin defeat and he's actually lucky in a sense that St Mirren were quite content to just back off, let us have the ball and try pick us off on the counter second half. If they'd gone for us like in the first half it could of been much, much worse.

Never had it

He's lost the fans and once that happens you are always 1 bad game away from the sack

I barely think there’s a dressing room to even lose. Players don’t really care, they show zero connection with the fans and with each other.

So many loan deals so they don’t actually have to care either.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since 68 View Post
    We played 4231 yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    But folk aren't saying tht. The op simply asked a question, clear to see it's the support of the manager that is the main issue going on the responses of the thread..