hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Celtic next

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plus, Brendan Shine has still never won a game at Easter Road. There is some hope - we’re their bogey team…!
    That’s true and it’s an amazing stat. If we avoid going behind early, we might get a bit of confidence. Clutching at straws, but that’s all we can do really, as our chances are slim.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

2. Log in to remove the advert

Sad to say it but Celtic will win easily on Wednesday
    They dominated and dropped points against Aberdeen. They are going for the title and that result puts pressure on them They will be hurting and won't make the same mistake twice

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    can’t understand why you still would play that imposter Tavares he brings nothing to the table he needs binned.
    I don’t agree.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member
    80mile round trip on a Wednesday night after a days work after watching that performance yesterday? Think I’ll give it a miss. If Miller/Boyle are back I’d just have them on the bench, game is a bogey, save them for the cup game.

With a team of no passion, no fight, dont know each other, we are going to get pumped. We look like a team playing pre season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I don’t agree.
    I do think that whilst he has been on a redemption arc and seems to have risen from the dead under NM, I don't think he's been great since Christmas. Being harder working than Youan is something but not awfy hard. He took a sair yin last week at Killie so maybe feeling that but he deserved being subbed yesterday as much as Elie and Levitt

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MrHibs
    Football can surprise you sometimes but at the moment this seems the most obvious 0-3 or 0-4 result, mainly because Monty’s refusal to change the way we play.

He’ll switch it up a bit in terms of players but at least one of the goals will come from RB position so the facts (not excuses) this time will be we’ve had to play a 18 year old there.

That’ll be followed up by a really scrappy game against ICT, similar to Forfar however harder to predict which way the single goal will swing. If it goes to ICT then that might just be the end.

We played pretty well against Celtic at ER earlier in the season and were worthy of the draw. In saying that we have regressed somewhat from those halcyon days.

I suppose football can be a funny old game. I remember us getting outplayed and deservedly beaten by Hearts at ER just after Calderwood was appointed with Rangers at Ibrox up next. From nowhere we went out and won 3-0. I don't really see that happening again but sometimes a performance or result can just come out of the blue.

If we play like we did yesterday then it will be a hammering but if we can blunt their midfield as we did in the last game at ER and show a bit of fight then we can hopefully walk away with something to cling to and give us a bit of hope.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SON OF PADDY View Post
    As does Marshall !
    Don’t get me started on the last line of defence - I’m sure he’s (DM) is a really nice guy off the field (and even on it) but in terms of bringing badly needed experience to the team , commanding his box, making the best decisions, passing, giving out calmness/composure to the back line - I just can’t see it right now. I’ve been pretty disappointed with him TBH.

He has a free hit to restore some faith v Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    We played pretty well against Celtic at ER earlier in the season and were worthy of the draw. In saying that we have regressed somewhat from those halcyon days.

I suppose football can be a funny old game. I remember us getting outplayed and deservedly beaten by Hearts at ER just after Calderwood was appointed with Rangers at Ibrox up next. From nowhere we went out and won 3-0. I don't really see that happening again but sometimes a performance or result can just come out of the blue.

If we play like we did yesterday then it will be a hammering but if we can blunt their midfield as we did in the last game at ER and show a bit of fight then we can hopefully walk away with something to cling to and give us a bit of hope.
    Showing a bit of fight might be asking for too much based on what we saw yesterday.

Moriah-Welsh at least came on and looked like he wanted to tackle. Him and Amos have to play. We can’t just keep doing the same thing in the middle of the park over and over again and expecting it to change. Suspect Newell will still play though.

[QUOTE=B.H.F.C;7574332]Showing a bit of fight might be asking for too much based on what we saw yesterday.

Moriah-Welsh at least came on and looked like he wanted to tackle. Him and Amos have to play. We can’t just keep doing the same thing in the middle of the park over and over again and expecting it to change. Suspect Newell will still play though.[/QUOT

Agree, think Levitt will be benched
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

I don’t think I’ve ever been less bothered about a competitive Hibs game at Easter Road.

Next Saturday is massive for us - so the team that plays Celtic must reflect what is going to give us the best chance of beating Inverness.

This shower have absolutely none of the required characteristics to go toe to toe with the Glasgow clubs so it’s all about fitness and experimentation. They actually get a free pass from me, for one game only.

It’s a sorry state of affairs.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Attendance for this is going to be brutal. I’ll be going more out of habit and getting use out of my ST. But for the first time in a very long time I honestly don’t really want to go.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Attendance for this is going to be brutal. I’ll be going more out of habit and getting use out of my ST. But for the first time in a very long time I honestly don’t really want to go.
    Midweek games are a bit of a nightmare for me but I've been desperately trying to get childcare to go and have been successful.

Like you it's habit more than any kind of enjoyment these days. I can also be a contrary *******. I'll criticise players CEO, manager and so on but when times are hardest I probably become even more resolute in my actual attendance at games. I don't know if it's a 'at least I have earned the right to criticise' type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    He has a free hit to restore some faith v Celtic.
    I’d pin this on the dressing room wall.
    Nothing else describes this game better than a free hit.
    Show us something, anything, just help restore the pride.
    We are all realists, chances are slim to nil of taking three points or anything at all but show us you have character, pride for the club and the supporters.
    Compete for every ball, stay switched on.
    Shout and argue and call each other out when it’s not right.
    Nothing works better than a rocket up the arse!
    Save the managers bacon and ultimately your own.

We can then take something from it and start to build.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I don’t agree.
    Is that you nick

Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    I’d pin this on the dressing room wall.
    Nothing else describes this game better than a free hit.
    Show us something, anything, just help restore the pride.
    We are all realists, chances are slim to nil of taking three points or anything at all but show us you have character, pride for the club and the supporters.
    Compete for every ball, stay switched on.
    Shout and argue and call each other out when it’s not right.
    Nothing works better than a rocket up the arse!
    Save the managers bacon and ultimately your own.

We can then take something from it and start to build.
    Totally agree. What worried me yesterday was that they weren't even arguing with each other. Hands on their hips staring at the ground was as heated as it got. Bloody show us something! Show you care. Tackle, argue, get sent off. Something. Game was done anyway.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Need to move our thoughts on to Wednesday. Today was woeful, but it's done.

Who knows if Montgomery will still be in charge come Wednesday. I hope he is, but lose the next two games then this time next week he is likely to be sacked.

We need wholesale changes to the side after today. First, Tavares & Youan should be dropped. Both are work-shy, weak, selfish and unreliable. Both are even unprofessional at times and down tools. Others could be accused of this after today, but from what I've seen these two are the worst. They cannot be counted on when it gets tough. This is how I reckon we should line up. There are a couple of caveats. Is Cadden fit to start, will Boyle and Miller be available for selection.

Marshall

Cadden
    Fish
    Bevan
    Obita

Amos
    Newell
    Moriah-Welsh
    Marcondes

Vente
    ALF
    Should certainly be interesting if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Totally agree. What worried me yesterday was that they weren't even arguing with each other. Hands on their hips staring at the ground was as heated as it got. Bloody show us something! Show you care. Tackle, argue, get sent off. Something. Game was done anyway.
    You can read a lot into a team’s mentality when the chips are down, you find out things about yourself and your teammates.

If we fail to show anything against Celtic then it’s curtains for Monty but each and every player will be on a shoogly peg from there on in.
    We need to see something and take it and start from there.
    Nothing is love better than look back at all those threads on .net and laugh at us at our over reaction!

@hibs.net private member
    I know Monty won’t but I’d like to see

Wallacot

Fish Hanlon Nectar

Cadden Amos Newell Obita

Marcondes

Vente Le Fondre

Subs

Johnston
    Bevan
    Miller
    Megwa
    Moriah-Welsh
    Moilida
    Boyle
    Youan
    Mayenda

Raging with Marshall and his reluctance to dominate his six yard box.

Cost us two goals yesterday and last weeks second one was ridiculous.

****** up v Rangers as well.

Don’t want Jair or Levitt anywhere near the team.

Pair of feardies who are so weak and ineffective it beggars belief.

Youan has credit from his goals and assists

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we play 2 in central midfield, we're looking at a 3 goal defeat at least. These new lads better be up speed muy rapido or it could be a cricket score where we don't lay a glove on an OF team. Again.

3-5-2 for me, 3 centre halves, new guys predominantly in midfield and Alf supporting Vente in attack.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    If we play 2 in central midfield, we're looking at a 3 goal defeat at least. These new lads better be up speed muy rapido or it could be a cricket score where we don't lay a glove on an OF team. Again.
    This. And it very probably will be.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    The glimmer of hope is that Celtic are a bit low on confidence just now and aren’t playing good football. They are in a title race and seem to be feeling the pressure. You just never know. That’s the only chance I see for us.

That is why Celtic are rubbing their hands as its ER/Hibs next game!

Testimonial Due
    I’m bizarrely more confident about Celtic than I am about Inverness. It would be very Hibs for us to get a result on Wednesday and be knocked out of the cup by Inverness.

One game each against the OF and Hearts, and we’ve not registered a goal. Tone of the comments on here (correctly, sadly) is the game on Wednesday is almost a dead rubber, where avoiding a tanking will be a “good result”.

Is that really what Hibernian FC have come to?

If the team has Levitt, Whittaker and Nectar in it, it'll probably be a pumping. It's a free hit anyway. For me the Inverness game is more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    You can read a lot into a team’s mentality when the chips are down, you find out things about yourself and your teammates.

If we fail to show anything against Celtic then it’s curtains for Monty but each and every player will be on a shoogly peg from there on in.
    We need to see something and take it and start from there.
    Nothing is love better than look back at all those threads on .net and laugh at us at our over reaction!
    You won't have been doing too much laughing recently.

[QUOTE=Baldy Foghorn;7574480]
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Showing a bit of fight might be asking for too much based on what we saw yesterday.

Moriah-Welsh at least came on and looked like he wanted to tackle. Him and Amos have to play. We can’t just keep doing the same thing in the middle of the park over and over again and expecting it to change. Suspect Newell will still play though.[/QUOT

Agree, think Levitt will be benched
    A bit worrying that Amos didn't get on at the weekend. Surely he needs minutes after such a long break from playing?
    Moriah-Welsh must have earned a start but he's hardly played either, so how long will he last?
    After all of the thoroughly deserved criticism, I wouldn't be surprised to see a sending off for us, with someone getting the red mist in a misplaced way of showing commitment to the cause.
    Marsh
    Megwa Fish Hanlon* Obita
    Amos*
    M-W Newell
    Marcondes
    Vente ALF

*if fit
    Miller & Boyle on bench if available