hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Let’s hope this is rock bottom!

Today was painful!

What really concerned me was that that the whole stadium could see the required changes, yet Montgomery waited until we were 0-3 down! We’ll never know but had he made subs at 0-2, would things have been different??!!??

Montgomery’s inability to change formation is killing us. Today, St Mirren were comfortable playing their midfield 3 in front of our midfield 2. We need a manager with tactical intelligence, I’m not convinced Montgomery has that knowledge.

I really hope Montgomery is our man, however the hope is draining quickly!! Tactically he was bullied today……..and as fans we pay the price.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I have an awful feeling that if NM is still in post then ICT will be our rock bottom. Or certainly NM's.

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    This is a relegation team.
    We’re not even close to rock bottom yet.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    A pumping on Wednesday and out the cup this time in a week, now THATS rock bottom.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A pumping on Wednesday and out the cup this time in a week, now THATS rock bottom.
    You`re right . Let`s hope we get an encouraging display against Celtic and a win in Inverness to set us up for a better end to the season .

Performance wise, it can’t get any worse than that today, surely.

With this squad, particularly defensively, I have no idea what we can do to stop conceding so many goals though.

We’re ****ed. It’s just a case of how bad it gets in terms of how far we slide.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Performance wise, it can’t get any worse than that today, surely.

With this squad, particularly defensively, I have no idea what we can do to stop conceding so many goals though.

We’re ****ed. It’s just a case of how bad it gets in terms of how far we slide.
    The recruitment team have run up the white flag with the signing of two rookie defenders, IMO. They're waiting on the end of the season coming, praying there's no flirtation with the play-off spot.

I'll bet we've not spent a ha'penny either in transfer fees - it's part of the long goodbye with the Gordons.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    The recruitment team have run up the white flag with the signing of two rookie defenders, IMO. They're waiting on the end of the season coming, praying there's no flirtation with the play-off spot.

I'll bet we've not spent a ha'penny either in transfer fees - it's part of the long goodbye with the Gordons.
    While I felt we desperately needed an experienced CB this window Monty wanted Triantis, he was our first choice this window.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    While I felt we desperately needed an experienced CB this window Monty wanted Triantis, he was our first choice this window.
    It’s absolute madness but clear as day that he’s Monty’s man.

So many of our problems stem from centre half for me. That’s where the organisation comes from and we have two young laddies. It’s actually scandalous mismanagement for me.

Saints had 2-3 chances clear cut tbh before they scored a third

We’re only going one way under Monty, ain’t the good way

Completely out his depth

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Probably his "first choice" of untried rookies. That's my point - we were the only club in the SPL to bring IN meaningful money in the window and we've not spent anything like we needed to at CB and Right Full Back. T

here's NO money getting spent until this takeover money comes in. None at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post

Have you any suggestions for defenders that we could have tried to sign for the rest of the season or thinking about next season ? Transfer fees ? Have we not spent more than most of our rivals ( all Scottish clubs except OF to keep it simple ) on transfer fees in recent years ?

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Have you any suggestions for defenders that we could have tried to sign for the rest of the season or thinking about next season ? Transfer fees ? Have we not spent more than most of our rivals ( all Scottish clubs except OF to keep it simple ) on transfer fees in recent years ?
    It's not my job to do that but I'll venture a decent manager like McIness would be able to flag up players that would immediately bolster our defence, but I suspect somebody like him doesn't fit the yes-man profile that Gordon and Kensell seem to go for.

Name me ONE Hibs defender you would currently class as "robust" and can stand his corner physically in this league?

I'll wait...

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Saints had 2-3 chances clear cut tbh before they scored a third

We’re only going one way under Monty, ain’t the good way

Completely out his depth
    After today I will have to agree. I was willing to give him a chance to prove me wrong, but that performance means he’s lost me now. It was a sackable offence it was so bad. Somebody needs to come in who can take control of this situation before it spirals out of control. Guide us through the rest of season then make a start on sorting out this squad.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    This is a relegation team.
    We’re not even close to rock bottom yet.
    I think that this a relegation manager, not a relegation team. If we got someone in the interim like Neil Warnock then I have no doubt he would turn it around and comfortably achieve Top 6.

After watching yesterdays game it left me with a feeling of impending doom regards future games, this is a team going into free fall unless some sort of miracle happens, a bit like the Butcher season when it got worse with every game.

I don't hate Hibs, but I hate football at the moment.

Yesterday's performance was pretty common place and typical of how we've played since Montgomery walked through the door. So poor and devoid of many simple attributes

• No Pace
    • No Strength
    • No Desire
    • No Belief
    • No Pride
    • No Defence
    • No Threat
    • No Formation
    • No Tactics

We're not rock bottom yet but not far off it. Only thing that's certain, in our current position, is that we're not going to improve until Montgomery has gone! Sadly until then we've got

• No Hope.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.