hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ben Kensell

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesforever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have a manager overseeing football matters.. why complicate things, they are responsible....
    A manager shouldn't oversee the whole football operation top down, if so you are in limbo when they go

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Job adverts with the advertised salaries, is that not proof enough? The jobs WERE below the going rate, it wasn’t what people thought was the going rate.
    Did people accept those salaries though?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    It doesn’t matter, it’s borderline exploitative. Hope that a Hibs fanatic sees the advert and takes the job knowing that they’re getting the chance to work for their boyhood club. And then the CEO is on £300k a year?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

It doesn’t matter, it’s borderline exploitative. Hope that a Hibs fanatic sees the advert and takes the job knowing that they’re getting the chance to work for their boyhood club. And then the CEO is on £300k a year?
    Or the club were badly advised on salaries for non core jobs?

The issue there is that people who accept salaries at below the market rate are generally not an outstanding candidate it in their field.

There was a job advertised fairly recently that was broadly in line with what I do, albeit in a different industry. The job spec was almost like a template of what you would expect for a job in the field and it caught my eye because it's Hibs and who wouldn't want to work for the club. Well it turns out that would me when the salary on offer was about 20% less than I am earning now, there was a bonus structure (as is common in such a profession) and that was far less generous as well. Judging by the latest accounts the turnover at my work is comparable with what Hibs turn over (albeit we make a profit) so it's not comparing oranges and apples in terms of company size. Through the grapevine I heard who got the job (they are no longer in post) and having been in competition with said person in the past all I would say is if they were the outstanding candidate that was offered the job then the quality of applicant can't have been fantastic. The fact they lasted less than 18 months in the job suggests one or both parties weren't happy with the outcome either.

There may well be exceptions of course and be people who are willing to work for less than they could in another job just to say they work for Hibs, particularly if they are at the very start or nearing the end of their career, but more often than not if you offer £25K a year for a position that usually pays £30K (neither being my actual salary btw) then you will get a candidate that reflects that.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

A monkey can find out the going rate for any job. It’s not at all difficult.

PB also makes an excellent point. The best candidates for jobs are not going to accept 15/20% less than the going rate for a job so you end up with less qualified/talented people.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

A monkey can find out the going rate for any job. It’s not at all difficult.

PB also makes an excellent point. The best candidates for jobs are not going to accept 15/20% less than the going rate for a job so you end up with less qualified/talented people.
    Your 2nd point kinda goes against the argument you are making though? If we pay the best for the ceo then surely we will attract better candidates?

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    He is another one of those English folks who don't "get us" don't you know...
    I have often called out posters with Nat leaning sympathies on occasions when they have made spurious references to England or English for no rational reasons.

This time you are the one setting up the straw man from the other side with this pish hinting that those who criticise Kensall do so due to his nationality. So far I haven't seen a single poster suggest or even allude to that. It's complete nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    Your 2nd point kinda goes against the argument you are making though? If we pay the best for the ceo then surely we will attract better candidates?
    Ok, I concede that.

It doesn’t change the point regarding other jobs though.

Sir Alex Ferguson

Ok, I concede that.

It doesn’t change the point regarding other jobs though.
    I agree, we prob should pay more to skilled staff, more a levelling up than down.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    I have often called out posters with Nat leaning sympathies on occasions when they have made spurious references to England or English for no rational reasons.

This time you are the one setting up the straw man from the other side with this pish hinting that those who criticise Kensall do so due to his nationality. So far I haven't seen a single poster suggest or even allude to that. It's complete nonsense.
    Yes of course it's complete nonsense, that's why
    I posted it! Goes along with what was an ongoing bit of nonsense on the transfer thread that we should only should be signing players with SPL experience and not more random players from south of the border etc 😁

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    What you on about this time?

You think we pay consultancy fees to a firm so that they can say “nah, pay her an extra 50p per hour”.

Mental. Absolutely mental that anyone could even think that way.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    As far as I can see the vast majority of the posts are not personal in the slightest. Posters are discussing whether we are getting value for money from an extremely well paid CEO, his salary is public knowledge and therefore open to discussion.

Asking whether a CEO is performing to a level consummate with their performance is not personal. It goes with the territory with these type of roles.
    I admire people who are able to make an exact judgement on someone’s abilities based on things they can’t possibly see or know about.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I admire people who are able to make an exact judgement on someone’s abilities based on things they can’t possibly see or know about.
    When Ben Kensell was being interviewed for the hibs job,mr kensell ,we would like to offer you an annual salary of £300,000 ,would that suit you ,heavens no,far to much ,what will the fans on the hibsnet say.we don’t know what the man does for the club,do we.wait a minute he appoints s..t managers,but like the rest of us ,we don’t know if the manager will be a success till he is appointed.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    What you on about this time?

You think we pay consultancy fees to a firm so that they can say “nah, pay her an extra 50p per hour”.

Mental. Absolutely mental that anyone could even think that way.
    Why wouldn't Hibs maybe use a consultancy to help.hire someone?

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Yes of course it's complete nonsense, that's why
    I posted it! Goes along with what was an ongoing bit of nonsense on the transfer thread that we should only should be signing players with SPL experience and not more random players from south of the border etc 😁
    This makes no sense at all. Were you implying people have taken against him because he's English or were you not?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Why wouldn't Hibs maybe use a consultancy to help.hire someone?
    To hire an electrician??

You’re having a laugh and clutching at straws now. Sometimes it’s best to just stop!

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Do we not have eyes to watch the games or the ability to read the league table?

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    To hire an electrician??

You’re having a laugh and clutching at straws now. Sometimes it’s best to just stop!
    Exactly.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This makes no sense at all. Were you implying people have taken against him because he's English or were you not?
    I’m equally as puzzled.