Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was a question not a statement.
    But you knew that.
    Usual and predictable arsey response from you, have a break.
    Come off it, we've just been invested in by a billionaire and your quoting dick Campbell for our next manager

And it's true, knowledge of the Scottish game doesn't start and end in the 2nd tier of Scotland

Not that I think that's the be all and end all anyway

We do have someone in the coaching team already who's played in Scotland for years, won the Scottish cup and is generally regarded as a legend

And yet here we are

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    This is bad as anything LJ came out with. He's all over the place, how can anyone have confidence in him??

However well intentioned and ambitious the Gordon family have been since they took over the Club, imo they have screw-upped the actual football side in terms managerial appointments & player recruitment.

The apparent reluctance to bring in either home grown talent or those with current/previous SPFL experience,
    was highlighted today that for the last half hour, none of our outfield players were Scottish & only London-born Megwa had limited SPFL experience.

Rather than always recruiting managers & players outwith Scotland, we should now focus on the domestic market, including the Championship & below.
    Last edited by joebakerforever; 04-02-2024 at 08:43 PM.

Honestly? Maybe we do. However, it’s incredibly hard when you’re simply seeing no signs of progression, or a reason to ‘trust the process’, a phrase favoured by our leadership.

I’m personally willing to give NM more time - but I’m far less optimistic about it actually working out, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Come off it, we've just been invested in by a billionaire and your quoting dick Campbell for our next manager

And it's true, knowledge of the Scottish game doesn't start and end in the 2nd tier of Scotland

Not that I think that's the be all and end all anyway

We do have someone in the coaching team already who's played in Scotland for years, won the Scottish cup and is generally regarded as a legend

And yet here we are

The Dick Campbell chat was tongue in cheek, I thought even an idiot would get that, but alas no.
    Said to get my point across.
    Should be explained enough now.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    The Dick Campbell chat was tongue in cheek, I thought even an idiot would get that, but alas no.
    "Do you want another experiment?

I want a manager who knows Scottish football,they fit the bill.

I'd take Dick Campbell before any failed English championship manager."

To be fair naming Dougie imrie and Ian Murray as fitting the bill isn't much different from quoting Dick Campbell

What is your point? Youl take anyone who's managed in Scotland, over a manager that's failed elsewhere?

Thing is, most managers have failed at some point - Ian Murray for example

McInnes, Robinson and Lennon are easily the best experienced "knows Scotland candidates" anyone in the league below is just as much as a gamble as Montgomery

Quote Originally Posted by Exuberance1875 View Post
    Nah he’s got to go 100%

He looked completely lost today. Miles out his depth and we should do him and the club a favour by cutting ties ASAP
    Agree with this. I was all for giving him until the end of the season but that interview after the game has changed my mind. He was like a wee lost lamb.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    Agree with this. I was all for giving him until the end of the season but that interview after the game has changed my mind. He was like a wee lost lamb.
    I keep logging on at intervals in the hope that there is a new thread re him being sacked.

I am usually pretty pragmatic about our poor performances but this mornings game just totally scunnered me and for the life of me I cannot see a way back for him, best cut our losses and give the team over to DG for the rest of the season. I have some faith that he would at least keep us in 7th or 8th position, as bad as that is.

Stick with NM then play off position is near enough a guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by heid the baw View Post
    If you want to experiment or take a punt with managers then hire Murray as opposed to Montgomery
    If you want someone who's proven hire McInnes, a manager who's not going to go 7+ league games without a win.
    It's not rocket science.
    It seems sensible but would he come?

Tried to be patient

Tried to be patient but Monty out, clueless and out of his depth. 424 does not work in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    100%

Let him settle in..

Let him get the winter break to work with players..

Let him get January transfer window..

Let him allow the new players get fit and up to speed..

No..just no…

Don’t trust us to do anything right currently.

We didn’t recruit leadership or ready to go players.

Too many fans just accept us being crap and then wonder why we rarely win anything or big games like derbies.

If he is still in charge for ICT and we lose the board will be under even more pressure. We could easily get a manager in now to give us a boost before the cup game.
    … hope we are honest to that new manager then, and tell him that by your - and others reckoning too - he gets … what … 2 months max to turn it round ? Or he’s replaced, end of … assume that is ample to “let him settle in”.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm fed up of being told to be patient or to trust the process or other unambitious middle management bull****.

We have trusted a process that has failed for years. I'll start to be patient and trust the process when said process shows tangible results.

Right now it's just trying to excuse failure after failure after failure.
    Failed for years … ok, so … don’t stop there then … what is the new process we should bring in ? What manager (though if we have failed for years then presume the current - or any ?? - manager isn’t the issue).

Lots of simplistic views on this thread …but no solutions beyond what we have had already. Change change change they cry … yet change change change we have done, time and again …
    Last edited by cubehindthegoal; 04-02-2024 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I think the timing would be terrible after bringing in 7 players and being without 3 who have regularly started. The issue is we are far too close to a play off place to right the season off and hope Monty can build a squad given that time. It is hard to understand we appointed a manager with the same philosophy as Maloney and not a great deal more experience. It may sound nice in theory passing it around and drawing teams on to you but it simply won't work in Scotland unless you have much better players than the rest. We essentially signed a manager with a plan that was set to fail and his stubborn nature means he won't last much longer. I'd give him to the Derby to see if he can get something out his new, young, inexperienced loanees and get Boyle etc back but I think the writing is on the wall and to me the players downed tools today. They are probably fed up being murdered in teh middle of teh park every week too
    This may be true … and is a balanced thought out take that’s due respect … I would still say that I think it’s worth waiting longer … but I also know it’s football, and patience isn’t the name of the game.

I guess I’m used to seeing managers come and go recently … hey wtf let’s try another one … but we have to be honest .. he only gets until April to change it. Or we change him. We can’t make the same mistake twice and wait too long … ehm thee times .. ehm … how many times ?

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    This time last year I put a tenner on us being relegated as I thought we were in free fall, we went on a run with LJ and finished 5th

I feel the same again and even more concerned than 12 months ago. LJ at least had managed 400+ games even though we know he was bang average.

I am sick of it. We have been patient for years. St Mirren, Dundee and Killie look better organized teams, more dangerous and look fitter and certainly more dedicated. Christ even Aberdeen looked decent today.

NM at best will survive a handful of games, at worst he will be sacked if we go out the cup. It’s inevitable. It feels like Terry Butcher.
    So you lost your tenner … would you bet on your hunch again ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I suggested Imrie on another thread. I don’t think he’d get the time he’d need.
    Who would ?

Things can change very quickly in football

It wasn't so long ago we were laughing at Naismith and kickback were calling him a dud and saying he must go

Would hearts be better if they punted him then? Very doubtful

In saying that Monty going seems pretty inevitable now

Fair point but few will sit back and see it. However I haven’t seen a single solution here that seems better than what we have. Not one. In fact, Monty was one before the season started. It’s easy to sit back and moan and complain … not so easy to present a better plan.

If he's given the same time as the last three, which he would, then he'd do it.
    Murray is also a shout.
    I sat and listened to Raith Rovers fans telling me in December … wait ‘til after new year, it’ll start to go downhill, always does …

Murray and Imrie should be no where near hibs for our next managerial appointment

If they are … we will have a thread like this again soon enough no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwoof View Post
    Let Foley get his wallet out and bring in Mourinho!
    Now we’re talking. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    You think Shankland's worth £5m ?
    If he was, someone missed a trick not buying him for £4m, and selling him on in the summer. Nice wee earner. Or maybe it wouldn’t have been …

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cubehindthegoal View Post
    Who would ?
    Somebody who had the humility to say “what I’m doing isn’t working, let’s change it”.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Honestly? Maybe we do. However, it’s incredibly hard when you’re simply seeing no signs of progression, or a reason to ‘trust the process’, a phrase favoured by our leadership.

I’m personally willing to give NM more time - but I’m far less optimistic about it actually working out, unfortunately.
    That’s true .. and that may well pan out to be the end of it … we will get to see, hopefully … and move on and upward one way or another …

Even an idiot 🙄😂

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Somebody who had the humility to say “what I’m doing isn’t working, let’s change it”.
    So none of our past … how many managers … tried to change things ? unsuccessfully ?

No, I'm not Mystic Meg but most would have seen this coming.
    Another experiment gone wrong.
    Can we please hire a Scottish manager, Dougie Imrie.

Most will probably scoff at that suggestion, I'll gamble against anyone that he will be more successful than the current manager and the previous two, granted not a high bar
    Deleted my reply by accident …
    so .. none of your choices would be an experiment in the SPFL… ?

I hope I’m right about Monty, but I know I may be wrong. Or just sack him now, and we might never know I guess.

But are we sure we are confident enough to tell the next manager he has a very limited time to make his ideas work. Or do we just bull**** them in interview, and tell them they will get the time they want / need?

… hmm … six months maybe this time ? Or is that way too long ?

Quote Originally Posted by Since 68 View Post
    Tried to be patient but Monty out, clueless and out of his depth. 424 does not work in Scotland.
    Yeh let’s start another thread the same as the one above … 🤦*♂️

Yes. 7 new players brought in, dross moved out and 3 or 4 to come back from international call ups. He needs some time to shape this as he wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by Since 68 View Post
    Nurse! We have another impatient patient wandering the ward at night!

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Yes. 7 new players brought in, dross moved out and 3 or 4 to come back from international call ups. He needs some time to shape this as he wants it.
    If he doesn't shape it quick enough we'll be looking at a battle to avoid the play off places.

I suspect he has 3 games to turn it around or the board may look to act. If there is even a chance we could get dragged into a scenario where relegation is a genuine threat he'll be gone.