hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Do we need to have patience?

Terrible result today but do we need to have patience ? The vast majority of these players have got manager after manager sacked… is it a case of they once again don’t like the managers ways of working etc so they know if they put in minimal effort he will be gone before them ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I've been patient for five ****ing years. Enough. Time for Hibs to give us something, anything, back.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dp00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Terrible result today but do we need to have patience ? The vast majority of these players have got manager after manager sacked… is it a case of they once again don’t like the managers ways of working etc so they know if they put in minimal effort he will be gone before them ?

Probably.

But for how long do you bang your head off a wall. Until you damage your skull and have brain damage. Sorry not a great analogy, but that's all I can come up with just now. A footballing comparison would be if we lose the next couple of league games and find ourselves in the bottom two, should we just stick with Montgomery no matter what. Of course we can't. He would have to get sacked.

You change things when it gets to the point where you continue to put in dire performances, there is no signs of improvement and there is a risk of relegation.

You cannot just have blind faith.

Nah he’s got to go 100%

He looked completely lost today. Miles out his depth and we should do him and the club a favour by cutting ties ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Didn't think it would take you long. 😀

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I think Montgomery seems like a thoroughly decent guy and he was my pick for the job after watching some of his stuff from Australia.

I don’t think chopping and changing managers is the answer but this is now in Maloney/ LJ territory and sacking both them was the right answer. Managers seldom come back from having the majority of the support turn on you.

I have said for weeks and weeks his stubbornness and naivety was going to cost him his job. Heartless no hopers like Levitt, shysters like Youan who play when they fancy it, unreliable garbage like Rocky and bang average dross like Miller and Jair have hardly helped his case any over recent months but neither has stuff like his insistence on a 442 that’s plainly no working when the alternative is so obvious to the rest of us.

We are going to get absolutely horsed by Celtic as his 442 will leave us wide open and exposed and he’ll not learn from previous ways he’s tried to set up against the Old Firm.

Sad to say but a dead man walking unfortunately IMO and that’s a shame as I really wanted him to do well
    Last edited by .Sean.; 03-02-2024 at 07:23 PM.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Absolutely not, this manager has been given a lot of leeway and we continue to make the same mistakes and get worse every passing week.

Keeping him on is absolutely pointless which is exactly what will happen after every league game. Today was beyond the pale, an abomination of a performance that there is no coming back from.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Let Foley bring his own man in.

I'm fed up of being told to be patient or to trust the process or other unambitious middle management bull****.

We have trusted a process that has failed for years. I'll start to be patient and trust the process when said process shows tangible results.

Right now it's just trying to excuse failure after failure after failure.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

5months and all areas of the team are worse, defence, midfield and attack + he’s ruined Vente and the football is boring as %#^* to watch. Whether he’s sacked now, in 5 games or end of the season he’s hopeless.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Lets wait until we open another bar, and fit out whatever lounge is the next priority.

Can't wait to be celebrating the quality of our new carpets and whatever overpriced foreign sounding lager we are selling.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

No.

Do we need to have patience?

Why should we be patient? We’re filthy ****ing rich, Tony Montana wasn’t patient, he just went and got what he wanted. I want a league title, get a manager that will give me one.

Edit: fully aware I’m talking ***** here, I’m going home soon, much to the pubs displeasure I’m sure. This is also my second movie reference for how ***** we are today, I will cut it out now. But no, we shouldn’t be patient.

Last edited by ErinGoBraghHFC; 03-02-2024 at 07:46 PM.

Behave, get rid ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm fed up of being told to be patient or to trust the process or other unambitious middle management bull****.

We have trusted a process that has failed for years. I'll start to be patient and trust the process when said process shows tangible results.

100% correct.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Whats the point in patience in this instance? Does anyone realistically see what patience will get us?

He said post match 'We knew they'd lock us down one side' aye mate, that's cause you started a 16 year old at right back!

In a nutshell.

Too many of our fan base equally accepting of this repeated failure too.

We must be the most 'patient' support in Scotland.

Well I'm fed up waiting, it's time this club delivered.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Whats the point in patience in this instance? Does anyone realistically see what patience will get us?

He said post match 'We knew they'd lock us down one side' aye mate, that's cause you started a 16 year old at right back!
    Aye, we knew the opposition would try and win the game by playing to their strengths and exploiting our weaknesses.

A half pissed guy in the pub before the game knew that and he wasnt being well rewarded to tell us that. He might well have had a better strategy to counter them if Hibs had asked him though.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    It’s all very well being patient but after signing an abundance of new midfielders gone starting with the same 4 that have basically failed his much maligned system it's beyond comprehension. You can add in having that right hand side of midfield in front of a 16 year old who really isn’t ready physically or mentally to play at this level is almost as bizarre. There’s being confident in your methods but is it misplaced? I’m all for patience and not keen on sacking managers but he really isn’t helping himself. If he starts that midfield 4 ever again he needs sacked for that alone. I say all of that as possibly the most patient of us.

Terrible result and performance today so hard to be patient as we haven`t really done anything exciting this season and more importantly there don`t seem to be any signs of improvement . That said , with so many new players , it`s probably unrealistic to expect things to suddenly change .
    Whoever is our manager till the end of the season and next season , will have to work knowing that most of the players in our squad now won`t be with us next season .
    On threads like this all managers tend to be written off as failures ( 3 before NM for example ) or acclaimed as successes ( usually means Stubbs cause of cup , Mowbray cause of good play , Turnbull cause of both ) but that`s clearly simplistic given their records at other clubs etc . So to answer OP`s question , I wouldn`t give NM more time but if given time he might lead us to great things but at what cost ? Personally I think Maloney should have been given more time and sackings of Ross and Johnson were questionable too especially as not in close season .

Patience? **** that!

Got to give him a bit of time after signing new players I think.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Got to give him a bit of time after signing new players I think.
    Can I ask why you think that? Other than it being the decent thing to do and we'll probably take less stick in the press, he's shown absolutely nothing to suggest giving him time will change anything.

Yes. Season is over and he needs a few weeks to see if he can turn things around with 7 new players. Worst hibs performances I can ever remember so I don't think he can. Feb 28th may be his last day...or we turn the corner.

Ask the chairman of the board for a little more time, and our love will surely grow. 😊

We’re regressing not progressing every single week. No improvement and resources bigger than 3/4s of the league.

Not good enough. Time to go nick.

It's fine having patience if results not going our way, maybe with a clear pattern of play, performances are there but can't put the ball in the net.

Today though was as bad as it gets. Said himself not the dig and heart required. No sign of anything like a plan for us playing forward to create chances and still soft as **** at the back.

Feels like we are back again so soon in the position that we can't be ****ed sacking a manager but it's quite clear it's not working.

100%

Let him settle in..

Let him get the winter break to work with players..

Let him get January transfer window..

Let him allow the new players get fit and up to speed..

No..just no…

Don’t trust us to do anything right currently.

We didn’t recruit leadership or ready to go players.

Too many fans just accept us being crap and then wonder why we rarely win anything or big games like derbies.

If he is still in charge for ICT and we lose the board will be under even more pressure. We could easily get a manager in now to give us a boost before the cup game.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 03-02-2024 at 09:04 PM.