hibs.net Messageboard

Is not making top 6 a sackable offence. (Considering he’s not had a full season)

I’d say yes.

we had arguably 20m worth of players in that team today.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Absolutely yes

With the resources we have compared to some of the teams around us I’d say definitely yes

I would agree and would be surprised if is not part of a performance related clause.
    Currently around the bottom of the form guide over the last 6 games.

Unless there is a significant improvement he will not last long. The previous Bournemouth manager (Gary O'Neil) was emptied after a decent season for Bournemouth as he was good , but not seen as good enough for where Foley wanted the team to go. The new guy is doing even better.

Cant see NM getting too long to turn it around as I reckon that for a manager to be getting European football and 3rd in the league they have to be demonstrating now they are the man for the job. NM isnt doing that , so I can see him leaving shortly.
    Who they get in next would be anyones guess.

@hibs.net private member
    Top 3 should always be our aim.

Top 6 finish isn’t something that should be celebrated.

Why is this even a question?

The owners and board stated publicly the clubs objective when they took over

1) European football (top 4)
    2) Deep cup runs

Any other business which operated like this would hold the board/management team accountable for failing to meet the business objectives and move them on

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Just missing out on top six with a decent cup run and some signs of life? Unsure.

Missing it by a country mile and dribbling out of the cup is a different story.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Anything lower than 4th is a failure considering there's only 4 teams with any money in the league

In the SPL yes cos it’s pish

The results and performance since he was performed are a sackable offence.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2 years ago we were very unlucky not to make top 6 despite a massive injury list and were close to making the SC final but Maloney was sacked , . Last season we scraped in to the last 6 and so Europe as 5th . We weren`t far off 3rd but could have been 7th or worse . The standard of league isn`t great and despite terrible form all season we could still finish 4th though we could also finish 11th or even 12th if things don`t change soon . If NM survives today and next few games I don`t think being 7th instead of 6th should make any difference if the team shows signs of progress and there`s something to build on for next season though even if we suddenly start winning games , most of today`s players won`t be with us next season anyway .

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Aye for me.

We sacked Maloney for failing to make the top 6 and I genuinely believe he’d have got us into it with the players Monty has available to him.

He was brought in because the last guy wasn’t doing well enough, so if he manages to be on course for a worse league finish, then yes, he should go.

You generally lose your job either by performance or attitude.

I personally think he is wingingit to get his ticket back to English football by coming to Hibs, and there is nothing, i mean nothing that covinces me he is up to the job. So in short, yes it happes in every other walk of life.

Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anything lower than 4th is a failure considering there's only 4 teams with any money in the league
    They were saying on the radio today that killis are paying Van Veen 6k a week . They must have some money

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    They were saying on the radio today that killis are paying Van Veen 6k a week . They must have some money
    More worringly, how on eart have we not signed him as some of ur players are on £10k per week and they are ganton

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Looking too far ahead, games up now.

Unless he played no part in the players we brought in, then set them up.

Robinson must have thought wonderful, flood the midfield quickly and give what Hibs have masquerading as full backs no time on the ball.

We had a window to at least address that.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    If we have ambition to be the club we believe we should be, then bottom six finishes can’t be tolerated.

Any manager who fails to finish in the top six, given the resources at our disposal, can have no complaints whatsoever about losing their job as a consequence of that failure.

Scraping a top six is the bare minimum that any Hibs manager should be expected to provide. Anything less than that and they have to go.

@hibs.net private member
    We are in danger of being so screwed. Aberdeen and St Johnston in easy catching distance of us and we lie 9th. We really need to get a grip. It’s already a bad season but surely we need to finish top six

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    I’d say yes.

we had arguably 20m worth of players in that team today.
    Sell the lot of them if we get 20 million!

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Just missing out on top six with a decent cup run and some signs of life? Unsure.

Missing it by a country mile and dribbling out of the cup is a different story.
    yup. Good point. A strong st Mirren and another team just being great is something else. Us struggling to get a shot on target against “plucky” rivals is not excusable

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Looking too far ahead, games up now.

Unless he played no part in the players we brought in, then set them up.

Robinson must have thought wonderful, flood the midfield quickly and give what Hibs have masquerading as full backs no time on the ball.

We had a window to at least address that.

this. It’s so easy to play against us. Basic stuff.

it’s now borderline arrogance that they are not changing tactics.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    this. It’s so easy to play against us. Basic stuff.

it’s now borderline arrogance that they are not changing tactics.
    Theres an enormous gulf between what the people running hibs regard as success and the fans regard as success.

Has been for a long time and too many are happy to accept that having better sponsors and better hospitality than, say St Mirren - but could equally be Ross County, is great.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Results right now, combined with the lack of a discernible strategy, is a sackable offence right now. Today was the last straw for me, as were totally outclassed at home by St Mirren.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875