hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When we had no shirt sponsor the club were getting slated for that. We are putting ourself in much better position to succeed on the pitch. We just need to stop screwing up the managerial appointments.
    Nah, not having that. There are clubs in the league who have much lower income, spend a lot less money than us, and are much better than us.

In his video announcing a DoF, Big Ego Ben said how the DoF would answer to him. If BK was only involved in the commercial side of things then fair enough, but as he appears to be responsible for things overall and we’ve made several **** appointments at the club, spent huge money on absolute dross, and gone backwards since we sacked Ross I’d be doing cartwheels if he was to go. We might start healing and moving forward then.

2. Log in to remove the advert

See if players don't want to fight for the jersey, don't put it on in the 1st place.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs90 View Post
    Kensell
    Gordon
    McDermott
    Monty
    Players

In that order.
    Absolutely spot on. The fish rots from the head.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    The players on the pitch and he manager that put them there are bottom of your list?
    Evidently, Kensell and Gordon have failed on the football side. They put these structures or whatever they are meant to be in place. They are in charge of the club day to day. They hired McDermott probably as a deflection tactic to take the heat off themselves. McDermott has obviously been heavily involved in hiring Monty, so when he gets sacked Ben can just say it wasn't his appointment blah blah.

He runs the club, buck stops with him. Off the field doesn't matter if the club is massively regressing on the pitch year on year. I'm also not letting Monty/Players off the hook here, they could and should be doing much better.
    Last edited by Hibs90; 03-02-2024 at 06:40 PM.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Nah, not having that. There are clubs in the league who have much lower income, spend a lot less money than us, and are much better than us.

In his video announcing a DoF, Big Ego Ben said how the DoF would answer to him. If BK was only involved in the commercial side of things then fair enough, but as he appears to be responsible for things overall and we’ve made several **** appointments at the club, spent huge money on absolute dross, and gone backwards since we sacked Ross I’d be doing cartwheels if he was to go. We might start healing and moving forward then.
    So you don’t think increasing revenue gives us a better chance of bringing in better quality players ? All I hear about is how Hearts have a huge financial advantage over us. We are trying to bridge that gap.

Who would you expect the DoF to answer to ?

And let me be clear Kensell isn’t blameless.

The same people haven’t appointed Johnson, Maloney and Monty though.
    Kensell and Gordon are a constant, unless I've missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by DeZerbi23 View Post
    Whoever interviewed Montgomery
    Wasn’t this done in Dubai? Another wee jolly

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    See if players don't want to fight for the jersey, don't put it on in the 1st place.
    Indeed.

No point bringing in “better players” if they don’t care about the club long term. We’ve been there before.

So you don’t think increasing revenue gives us a better chance of bringing in better quality players ? All I hear about is how Hearts have a huge financial advantage over us. We are trying to bridge that gap.

Who would you expect the DoF to answer to ?

And let me be clear Kensell isn’t blameless.
    We’ve increased revenue and gotten much worse on the pitch, in the dugout, all over the place. As I say, if his role was just to bring in more money then he’d be doing a good job but as it is his time at the club should be up IMO.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    Kensell and Gordon are a constant, unless I've missed something?
    They were involved with Maloney and Johnson but without knowing who had overall responsibility Kensell is too easy a target imo. As I’ve posted a number of times he recognised the football side of things weren’t working and pushed for a DoF to be appointed. Monty strikes me as a BMcD appointment.

It's a mixture of the board, the manager and the players.

If Monty is staying then after today I think we might see a different approach, if not then it won't be long before the gtf chants, surprisingly never happened today.

I will probably end up booking anyway but after another performance like that I feel why bother spending so much money for a train ticket and hotel for a few nights.

That's me booked up for Livingston in march.
    Last edited by Tambo; 03-02-2024 at 10:38 PM.