hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any positives?

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exceptional booing, have we ever been booed on at half time before?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    For me the positive is that we can’t get any worse -surely - and the rugby came on right after the game so I could take my mind off HIBS - and it’s going well - you know management and players who give a fech and try hard - and sometimes win.

Rugby saving my day - things are bad 😡

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    A clean wipe when there was only one sheet of bog roll!
    Watching hibs all my life and that was the worse display! Was just as bad against Forfar possibly but we got away with that. Fish is a million miles away from what he offered last season. Weak as you will see for a centre half

First Team Breakthrough
    Only positive from to day were fans like myself who left in droves.

Quote Originally Posted by CL0762 View Post
    Homemade chicken curry for tea tonight that I cannot wait for. Finish off traitors and wee walk with the dug.
    Home made steak pie for me tonight and it will be another sunny and warm today here in Estepona - this cheers me up

Zero positives from today. St Mirren were no more than a competent TEAM, yet completely outplayed our rabble of useless, disjointed, disorganised, short-term transients. It was a horror show.

We've been here before a decade ago when Hibs flooded the club with loans, and we've learned nothing. It was horrific then, and looks just as bad now.

Apart from having 10 guys playing in green and white, I felt little affinity to any of them. We've thrown away the core of the club (admittedly a pretty poor core) and replaced them with strangers who - in a few months time - will have forgotten all about their short time in Edinburgh.

Testimonial Due
    I don't have a season ticket.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Aye the Scotland rugby team are playing well 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👏

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Zero positives from today. St Mirren were no more than a competent TEAM, yet completely outplayed our rabble of useless, disjointed, disorganised, short-term transients. It was a horror show.

We've been here before a decade ago when Hibs flooded the club with loans, and we've learned nothing. It was horrific then, and looks just as bad now.

Apart from having 10 guys playing in green and white, I felt little affinity to any of them. We've thrown away the core of the club (admittedly a pretty poor core) and replaced them with strangers who - in a few months time - will have forgotten all about their short time in Edinburgh.
    So true. Matt Doherty ... ultimately a very decent player, but, for him, his time at hibs was one big yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by SloopJB View Post
    I’m over it already due to years of disappointment, I’ve built up an immune system.
    I wish I could develop that - I really hurt mentally when this dross is served up 😡

We play Celtic midweek after they dropped points today so should be an easy game…

@hibs.net private member
    That Monty took off three of the four players I said should be hooked at half time. He was 15 minutes late with the fourth one. At least he can see something.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    No wonder the players felt supported and were totally gee'd up for the 2nd half.......
    There's a tipping point, sometimes you get what you deserve. And the terrific support we have deserve better and tend to express how they feel they are being treated.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post

Spot on.

Sent from my moto g(30) using Tapatalk

Got out and home quickly due to everyone leaving early doors.

I was in hospitality today for the first time and thought
    It was pretty decent

Half time subs of players that shouldn't get a game anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by expresso View Post
    Probably a stupid question but any positives at all today?
    Hopefully Monty has realised you can’t play Newell and Levitt in a midfield 2. Marcondes looked good again. Moriah-Welsh and Mayenda looked good. Megwa looked better going forward, didn’t have too much defending to do though, as we were pushing them back then.

Monty needs to learn lessons from this, but it is too early for the pitchforks. We can’t empty another manager so quickly. We have to give him a chance with these new players.

I am no happy clapper, and I’m not Monty’s big brother, in case anyone was wondering…

What odds are there on a Monty and Townsend double sacking tomorrow after the way things have gone today and are going today 🤬

Testimonial Due
    No man of the match announced, which says it all.

First Team Breakthrough Broxburn Greens's Avatar
    The full time whistle to put us out our misery for another week… Well until Wednesday at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We might save some money and not go to Dubai next year ?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by bordergreen View Post
    Hopefully Monty has realised you can’t play Newell and Levitt in a midfield 2. Marcondes looked good again. Moriah-Welsh and Mayenda looked good. Megwa looked better going forward, didn’t have too much defending to do though, as we were pushing them back then.

Monty needs to learn lessons from this, but it is too early for the pitchforks. We can’t empty another manager so quickly. We have to give him a chance with these new players.

I am no happy clapper, and I’m not Monty’s big brother, in case anyone was wondering…
    We were so far off St Mirren in shape, tactics, organisation, desire, commitment, cohesion, fitness and game intelligence it was frightening; he has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    We were so far off St Mirren in shape, tactics, organisation, desire, commitment, cohesion, fitness and game intelligence it was frightening; he has to go.
    Add in mentality

Quote Originally Posted by scm70nyd1973 View Post
    Add in mentality

No positives ... still no sign of us building a spine of the team ... loan players wont build that as they will be gone soon. No sign of a realistic shape ... 442 nonsense. No belief or commitment seen to be developing in the players. Not learning anything eg Newall and Levitt as core, no belief ... I could go on and on. Good managers tackle issues head on, NM has shown 0 ability on that front.

The only one I can see is it's one game closer to the door.

Quote Originally Posted by expresso View Post
    Probably a stupid question but any positives at all today?
    Ross County lost today as well 👍

@hibs.net private member
    Got to see the first half the Scotland game…..2nd half performance was like watching Hibs🙄

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    Got to see the first half the Scotland game…..2nd half performance was like watching Hibs🙄
    Except Scotland won 👍
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

I was there and at Forfar We are going back the way I could easily have left at halftime as it was clear no way back I was embarrassed

I chatted to dozens of lads and lassies who like me have stood for 110 minutes in Sections 42 to 44 of the East Stand every season for up to 14 years.

We are unanimous. We are all renewing our seats for next season and wish Block Seven every success in their move to the Famous Five.

We'll support you evermore GGTTH