• Keep

30 15.23%
  • Sack

167 84.77%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sack, he's awful! Dull personality, horrendous tactics and an absolutely shocking record. Enough is enough, he needs to go now!
    He is dull, he certainly does not inspire me, and i cant see the players being inspired by him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough Broxburn Greens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Awful football and a manager that will split the support .
    Aye, getting to semi finals and finals and finishing 3rd is ***** compared to what we have currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    FWIW I don’t think there’s any danger he gets sacked

How bad is it going to have to get ?

This passing it around at the back has the whole team playing negatively and passively. We don’t have the players or the nous to break a press but he persists as if it’s some sort of master plan. It’s really showing how clueless he is, it will never get better with him in charge. 2 man midfield v Celtic will be really tough to watch.

I genuinely worry we'll get relegated under Montgomery. Every manager has sussed us out out.

That’s the worst performance I can remember for a long time. We are going backwards. He has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    He is dull, he certainly does not inspire me, and i cant see the players being inspired by him.
    I still quite like him and can’t really pick up on anything regarding his personality that would make me not want to play for him.

I can’t stand some of his decision making but that’s another story.

The problem I have is that I think we’ve got too many weak-spirited players who disappear when the going gets tough. There’s only so much a manager can do to inspire or be expected to inspire. A team needs to have enough grit and character to pull through when it gets tough and that team had next to f all about it, from Instagram Youan to the young laddies at the back to expecting Joe Newell to be the shining light in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    We cannot sack another manager, but he's giving us every reason to think about it.
    Oh yes we can.
    I thought Ross was a bit hard done by with the timing of his sacking but accepted that it was inevitable cos Hibs should be doing better.
    Maloney I thought was a promising appointment but proved to be worse.
    Johnson was a questionable appointment and proved worse still.
    Montgomery is worse than all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Problems at Hibs go well beyond the manager (that’s not saying the manager isn’t culpable).

At least the appointment of the DoF has had the desired effect…..
    Correct.

DoF was a deflection tactic to take heat off Ben and co.

Shambles.

First Team Breakthrough
    Sack now poor poor manager Another Terry Butcher mark2

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Keep but “dreaded vote of confidence” territory. So depressing that we are here again.

Sack.

A gamble that has backfired spectacularly.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    I dont know why folk are concerned about the way Killie play, this season they have played some good football by playing two wingers and one of whom has attracted some transfer interest. The thing about McInness is he can change tactics depending on opponents, doesnt always work but this season he has probably got more right than wrong, same cant be said about our manager or style of play

Im not a McInness fan by the way but you cant fault his experience and thats whats been lacking with our most recent appointments
    Probably because they don't think it's very good , I certainly don't . It's effective though I'll give it that much . I suppose everyone has a different opinion and mine is I don't like watching the way his teams play as I don't find them exciting or entertaining. I'd rather take Lennon back than get McInnes who knows the league just as well and has been more successful in it .
    Both I'd rather avoid though 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_1875 View Post
    Keep but “dreaded vote of confidence” territory. So depressing that we are here again.
    Saying that earlier, to be back in this position is grim.

It’s a question of when rather than if he goes now. The players totally chucked it today and when that happens you’re finished.

How did he inspire at an ‘interview’, comes across as robotic with zero personality, what were Hibs thinking appointing a guy whose only been a manager for 6o odd games in a p#%% poor league where cumdog is the star player a guy who couldn’t get a game for Dundee!

Testimonial Due
    Voted keep, only as when you appoint a new manager he cannot get a chance to change the squad until next season!
    With that in mind, with this lot he could be sacked before then!!!

@hibs.net private member
    When 89% of your supporter base (granted it’s a small poll of .netters) want you gone you are 1 more bad result away from losing your job. Celtic game is irrelevant, unless a total humiliation, so it’s cup game win or bust.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by thebausburst View Post
    How did he inspire at an ‘interview’, comes across as robotic with zero personality, what were Hibs thinking appointing a guy whose only been a manager for 6o odd games in a p#%% poor league where cumdog is the star player a guy who couldn’t get a game for Dundee!
    Cummings played around 30 games for Dundee and scored 12 goals so wheres this couldn't get a game for Dundee coming from ? If I remember correctly he was acting the goat and was sent home from training etc which I think eventually put paid to his Dundee career, he has done well since hasnt he

Hope this comes back to haunt me, but he has to go now, disastrous appointment, flashbacks to the Fenlon/Calderwood/Butcher days.
    Coach with knowledge/experience of the Scottish game required. No more gambles.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Sack.

A gamble that has backfired spectacularly.
    Was it a gamble? It kinda had failure written all over it from the start, no?

There was never an overwhelming feeling that we had the right man for the job. Most of us were scratching our heads thinking 'not again?!'

The vibe around ER barely changed when he came in. There was no bounce in results and the atmosphere hasn't improved at all.

Yesterday was a big crowd. There was a bit of a buzz going into the ground but within minutes things were flat. You'd have heard players shouting 'man on' and the likes if it wasn't for the St M fans.

We need someone with a bit of gravitas. An aura about them. Someone with character that the payers can look up to instead of wondering 'who the f is this guy'.

Is it now getting to that horrible stage where you know he's going to get sacked it's just a matter of when the board pull the trigger?

@hibs.net private member
    The scottish cup is the most realistic route into group stage European football next year which is vital if we want to achieve what Foley etc has planned for us.

For that reason alone we can’t afford to have a performance like yesterday against ICT.

he needs emptied asap and hopefully get a new manager bounce against ICT.

They’ll maybe give him the Celtic game and sack him after another pumping

How bad do we let it get in the hope it changes? I don't think there's a hope in hell we beat Inverness in the cup. They'll be rubbing their hands.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Sack. He's absolutely clueless.

Talk of McInnes, Robinson and Lennon becoming manager helped in my decision to vote keep in hoping Monty can turn things around 🤞

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Couldn’t wait for Johnson to be emptied. Don’t have the same feeling about Monty, but like Maloney he’s doing himself zero favours with tactics and style of play, with better options (at least in attack) than the latter ever had. Not calling for his head and I don’t see him getting sacked yet, unless we lose on Saturday, but it’s getting to the stage where I’m doubtful he can turn things round.

I would be surprised if he is still around this Monday or the next. He was a poor appointment in my opinion and he certainly hasn't helped his own case with his approach or decision making. Any semblance of confidence has been drained from almost all of the players and unfortunately the fans.

Talk of McInnes, Robinson and Lennon becoming manager helped in my decision to vote keep in hoping Monty can turn things around 🤞
    I admire your faith in him. I sincerely hope he can. Not sure he'll get that chance with the fixtures we have coming up though. I think he'll be gone after the Aberdeen game.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I admire your faith in him. I sincerely hope he can. Not sure he'll get that chance with the fixtures we have coming up though. I think he'll be gone after the Aberdeen game.
    It's more in hope than faith tbh . Yesterday when I seen he picked Newell and levitt in midfield again what faith I had in him dropped alot and as I've said before I wanted him to have a plan B in changing the system if its not working which is clearly the case though he doesn't seem to be willing to do that

I think Wednesday night we will see alot better performance though we will probably lose , we will beat Inverness and the Aberdeen game could go anyway . Lose the next 3 and I think he will be gone though .

Apart from him being stubborn in not changing things I think he seems a decent guy who I feel abit sorry for in that he's moved half way across the world with his family and now he's in danger of losing his job .

I have nothing against Derek McInnes other than I don't like his style of football, Robinson I totally dislike and Lennon we have tried and it ended badly. So for different reasons like I don't want to see another manager lose his job and I'm not keen on some folks suggestions to replace him I'm going to cling onto what little hope I have left that Monty will hopefully turn things around 🤞👍

It's more in hope than faith tbh . Yesterday when I seen he picked Newell and levitt in midfield again what faith I had in him dropped alot and as I've said before I wanted him to have a plan B in changing the system if its not working which is clearly the case though he doesn't seem to be willing to do that

I think Wednesday night we will see alot better performance though we will probably lose , we will beat Inverness and the Aberdeen game could go anyway . Lose the next 3 and I think he will be gone though .

Apart from him being stubborn in not changing things I think he seems a decent guy who I feel abit sorry for in that he's moved half way across the world with his family and now he's in danger of losing his job .

I have nothing against Derek McInnes other than I don't like his style of football, Robinson I totally dislike and Lennon we have tried and it ended badly. So for different reasons like I don't want to see another manager lose his job and I'm not keen on some folks suggestions to replace him I'm going to cling onto what little hope I have left that Monty will hopefully turn things around 🤞👍
    Yeah I agree with a lot of this. I think we probably will perform better against Celtic. The pressure is off to an extent and they're struggling a bit by their standards. A part of me does feel sorry for Montgomery but I find it hard as his stubbornness is really the root cause of all of this. He's brought it on himself.