hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Trust me, there’s nothing I’m less jealous of than folk brown nosing a millionaire.
    So you are just stirring up nonsense then. Some of our fans could really do with growing up.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Can you give any examples of where this has happened?

I’m always curious as to how people can know the motivations behind someone else’s opinion. They only like them because they’re worried they won’t get a pint with them etc. How would you know that’s the reason?

The reason i am pushing on this is because when i was an admin on here, that accusation used to get levelled at the admin team frequently - it probably still does, to be honest. But none of us were/are swayed by any relationship - perceived or real when it came to it.
    You’re correct, you can’t know the motivation behind someone’s opinion.

When I’ve read some of the defence of BK though, the posters have point blank refused to acknowledge anything football related and instantly come back to how amazing the hospitality is, how the turnover is up etc, so he’s doing an amazing job.

I can’t know the motivation behind why they refuse to even acknowledge the football side of things, but my opinion is that it’s likely because he’s got their ear in the Albion Bar etc, much like PBs post alluded to Kensell doing on the PM board.

In terms of the admin on here, the admins on here leave all sorts of threads up, like this one, or Monty GTF etc. Hard to see how the admins could ever be accused of it.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 05-02-2024 at 10:17 AM.

When I’ve read some of the defence of BK though, the posters have point blank refused to acknowledge anything football related and instantly come back to how amazing the hospitality is, how the turnover is up etc, so he’s doing an amazing job.

I can’t know the motivation behind why they refuse to even acknowledge the football side of things, but my opinion is that it’s likely because he’s got their ear in the Albion Bar etc, much like PBs post alluded to Kensell doing on the PM board.

In terms of the admin on here, the admins on here leave all sorts of threads up, like this one, or Monty GTF etc. Hard to see how the admins could ever be accused of it.
    PBs post was nonsense too. People thinking that are maybe just assuming everyone is like them?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    PBs post was nonsense too. People thinking that are maybe just assuming everyone is like them?
    Na, it wasn’t.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

They get (or used to get) that thrown at them all the time and it was patently nonsense.

People struggle with the idea of others having a different opinion and so they throw lazy accusations around, like being a mouthpiece for the club, or not wanting to not be able to have a pint with Kensell, or brown nosing.

It’s pretty pathetic, tbh.

Like l said, I’m only pushing it from the admin experience, i always thought it was massively unfair. I’ve no skin in this game, i don’t know Kensell, I’m not an Albion Bar member and I’m not bothered if he stays or goes.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    They get (or used to get) that thrown at them all the time and it was patently nonsense.

People struggle with the idea of others having a different opinion and so they throw lazy accusations around, like being a mouthpiece for the club, or not wanting to not be able to have a pint with Kensell, or brown nosing.

It’s pretty pathetic, tbh.

Like l said, I’m only pushing it from the admin experience, i always thought it was massively unfair. I’ve no skin in this game, i don’t know Kensell, I’m not an Albion Bar member and I’m not bothered if he stays or goes.
    Its basically slander. And no one has been able to give an actual example of someone on here who is sticking up for BK because he bought them pint. Its petty nonsense and should be picked up on by the Admin team. You either put up or shut up .

I think you probably place too much emphasis on what the CEO can do to impact the football being played on the pitch.

You didn't think he was even qualified to do the CEO role because he hadn't run a football dept. I think that isn't an accurate reflection of what qualifications or experience a football club CEO should have. Do you have many examples of CEOs that do have direct football dept type experience? I've only ever seen director of football type positions where they may have been players, manager or coaches before but they don't run the whole football club. Would Brian McD be a good CEO?

As a CEO he has generally done a good job of increasing revenue, improving the stadium and backing the manager with funds.

Where I think he has not done a good job is picking the manager. I also don't know how we run that process and if ii is CEO led. The CEO is ultimately responsible for everything that happens at the club and we are here to win football games. I'm not sure anyone is disputing that?

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHFC View Post
    I think you probably place too much emphasis on what the CEO can do to impact the football being played on the pitch.

You didn't think he was even qualified to do the CEO role because he hadn't run a football dept. I think that isn't an accurate reflection of what qualifications or experience a football club CEO should have. Do you have many examples of CEOs that do have direct football dept type experience? I've only ever seen director of football type positions where they may have been players, manager or coaches before but they don't run the whole football club. Would Brian McD be a good CEO?

As a CEO he has generally done a good job of increasing revenue, improving the stadium and backing the manager with funds.

Where I think he has not done a good job is picking the manager. I also don't know how we run that process and if ii is CEO led. The CEO is ultimately responsible for everything that happens at the club and we are here to win football games. I'm not sure anyone is disputing that?
    Good post.

@hibs.net private member
    Its basically slander. And no one has been able to give an actual example of someone on here who is sticking up for BK because he bought them pint. Its petty nonsense and should be picked up on by the Admin team. You either put up or shut up .
    Having an opinion is now slander saying some fans give Kensell an easy ride because they regularly meet him isn’t slander. There would literally be thousands of posts on this website that we could start to put down as slander if that was the case.

You’re on other threads declaring some of our players are lazy. How very slanderous of you. You’d be best actually putting me on ignore rather than going round telling everyone you’ve done it. It should stop you getting yourself all worked up into a frenzy.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 05-02-2024 at 11:16 AM.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    When guys were posting absolutely venomous stuff on the PM board about LJ a while back, did you condemn them as slanderous, ask them to put up or shut up or suggest that admin take action ?

Maybe when **** starts flying you adjust your sensibilities if it's **** you agree with?

Kensall is under scrutiny and rightly so. He has brought investment into the club, presided over some big money transfers, failed to appoint the right managers and overseen a ridiculous transfer policy that has cost us a lot of money and set us back terribly on the field. I find talk of him being loose tongued in the Albion bar, courting Block 7 approval etc a bit petty, but so what? It's like 99% of the rest of the content on here, no one makes you read it or believe it.

First Team Breakthrough
    Can we get back to the point that the worst CEO this club has ever had is running us into the ground at a rate of knots? Who cares about your petty squabbles. This guy needs hounded out the club before he does real damages, as should any “deal” he’s been working on

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNor View Post
    Can we get back to the point that the worst CEO this club has ever had is running us into the ground at a rate of knots? Who cares about your petty squabbles. This guy needs hounded out the club before he does real damages, as should any “deal” he’s been working on
    So we should forget about the investment. Remove all the additional income his team have generated?

@hibs.net private member
    Apologies for derailing the thread a bit

Kensell ****** the ****** off

What about not having a main sponsor or generating investment. Surely he’s probably the best in that respect. No??

You want to give up millions and millions of investment and potentially even more in sponsorship.

Off field he’s got it pretty much spot on

On field well it’s all for there to see but that should be a collective of IG, Kensell and our DoF.

Or are you being sarcastic?
    Last edited by Aldo; 05-02-2024 at 12:09 PM.