hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Worst 45 mins since I got the snip and I'm still shooting less blanks than Hibs

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Worst 45 mins since I got the snip and I'm still shooting less blanks than Hibs

HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    You may be right but I think it`s still too soon to say that of present team and new players who have arrived just a few days ago . I actually thought the new players in general were our better players today . As for stuff about foreign players etc that`s modern football , players and managers changing clubs constantly . Stevenson and Hanlon have been exceptions .
    Hanlon and Stevenson would have been an improvement on that fiasco yesterday which says all you need to know about those in charge of recruitment in recent times.
    I would doubt many of the newcomers would have been able to have been able to point to Scotland on a map before moving here never mind Edinburgh.
    It's a recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy75 View Post
    Go back and look at the team who got relegated, every player was from Britain/ROI in that play-off v Hamilton. Player nationalities have nothing to do with it.
    That's true but they were just poor players. The current crop of loans and some signed players are I think decent players but I doubt they have the attitude to fight when needed.

Probably since the first half at Forfar. These poor performances are normal for us now. It's more surprising when we aren't bad which is a real worry. I genuinely can't remember the last decent/ok performance. Aberdeen semi maybe?

Coaching Staff
    There’s been a few…but one I never forget is against Dundee in 1963 at Easter Road.

0-0 at half time, 0-4 at full time.

And the ease with which the same player, Alan Gilzean scored all 4 rubbed salt into the wounds

Pretty sure when Rangers beat us 7-0 at Ibrox would qualify too…..

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Today I find myself shaking the heid as I think about that first half yesterday. I think it might have given me PTSD
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    Hanlon and Stevenson would have been an improvement on that fiasco yesterday which says all you need to know about those in charge of recruitment in recent times.
    I would doubt many of the newcomers would have been able to have been able to point to Scotland on a map before moving here never mind Edinburgh.
    It's a recipe for disaster.
    I think even those of us who are vehement defenders of Hanlon and Stevenson accept that their days at Hibs will be numbered - and that if we're serious about establishing and cementing a position as the third best team in the country (no laughing up the back) then we're going to need better than them over the coming years.

Right now though - we're so far short of that level it is scary, and those two come back into "first pick" territory for me. Experienced, have been through hard times and good with us and undoubtedly give a ****.

There were reasonable arguments for letting Doidge, Jeggo and McKirdy go but there's a fair bit of what we had that might have been considered to be "character" that's walked out the door there and we have no idea what the new guys will bring to the table on that front.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    In my time of 36 years supporting Hibs I can't think of a worse 45 minutes. It was honestly like we were trying to lose, the lack of effort was appalling. Zero shots on target and it could and honestly should have been 0-5 at just Half Time....and at home!

I'm still in abit of shock at just how bad we were to be honest. The raft of new signings brought a surge of optimism for Saturday and the contrast that unfolded just was unfathomable.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Was Kilmarnock not just as bad? Maybe the week before that at forfar?
    Kilmarnock last weekend was a million times better than yesterday

Just forced myself to watch the highlights on the BBC and its not good but even worse is the penalty decision by that utter clown of a Ref, never a Pen in a million years and VAR must have okd it , ineptitude at every level from the officials !

Ok yesterday was horrendous. I was there, def got less hair today.
    But we have key players away Afcon and Asia.
    We have long term injuries too.
    We've brought in new players most of whom have not been playing.
    All of this does not excuse the level of apathy in the first half.
    It does however give context and the platform from which NM is working.
    Most of us were excited about the signings, I think we will see 3 or 4 good players come out that group.
    What I don't get is the lack of action from NM during that half. Protect Whittaker who was clearly the target area for St M. There was no energy no plan you could recognise. I'm still baffled and fed up.
    But I don't see a fast solution, rebuilds take time.
    But somehow we need to restructure and win some games at the same time.

@hibs.net private member
    In answer to the original question: Morton second half under Neil Lennon when he wanted to go fighting with Duff Jimmy

Was easily the worst first half I can remember. Devoid of any attack and seemed content on passing the ball about the backline/midfield at 2-0 down.

Summed up when Youan just let the ball trickle out for a throw in right in front of the East.