hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MC_Humo

Worst 45mins since....

As that title says....

This is the worst 45 mins of football I've seen since Maloney.

To you what is it the worst 45 since?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    This is worse than Maloney.
    7 nil at half time wouldn’t flatter them.

Was Kilmarnock not just as bad? Maybe the week before that at forfar?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    We were 3-0 down at home at half time to St Mirren under Butcher and it was fine!

Wait, ****

Hearts in 2014. Paterson scored 2 headers in first half. So bad I left at HT

Worst 45mins since....

Falkirk at Hampden under Fenlon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has Monty just been playing along to get the sack the whole time? That’s the only way I can find a rationale for many of his decisions.

I would have sacked him at half time it was that bad

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    The worst I’ve ever seen, and we’ve seen some stinkers down the years. None of them had me walking out, however, so that’s a first. The total embarrassment of seeing a Hibs team being ragdolled at home by St Mirren….St ******* Mirren. They could have been 6-0 ahead quite easily. I couldn’t believe my eyes, it was like a horrible nightmare that half.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

This

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post

Came here to say this.

Quote Originally Posted by Humo View Post
    As that title says....

Ever.

Blog Entries
    Looking at today’s results, they couldn’’t be any worse. This season is a nightmare …….. please make it stop!!! A couple of hours ago, I criticised Monty but said I didn’t want to prematurely sack yet another manager. I’m now indifferent to what happens to him and, if the clowns who are running our club have any balls, I’ll be glad to see the back of him. Mind you, I’d be delighted to see the back of them as well.

@hibs.net private member
    That's as bad as I've seen in my 20 years. St Mirren won't have an easier tactical afternoon all season - target the school boy at right back, cross the ball in, win the second ball, recycle it to keep the pressure on. When Hibs have the ball, wait for them to give it back in 20 seconds or so.

I feel like we've not put a team under any kind of sustained pressure since 2018. It's all NFL-style individual plays and if it doesn't work, give to a centre back or goalie and start again. It's so boring my 8 year old, who's Hibs daft, told me the other day that Hibs games aren't that much fun and he wasn't that bothered about going today. Should have listened to the poor lad.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    2nd half at the piggery under Maloney. Not all that long ago.

Opening day against St Mirren was as bad. Magically sprung to life out of nowhere about 70 minutes in, but it was similarly aimless prior to that.

There were a few games like that under Johnson, but don't think we ever looked quite as unthreatening and weak as we currently do.

Throw Andorra in as well there actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Humo View Post
    As that title says....

What game(s) with Maloney are you thinking about ? I don`t remember any where we were outclassed by opposition despite massive injury list . Someone below mentions defeat at Tynecastle but that day we led at half time against a strong Hearts team who were certainly flattered by 3 v 1 result .

Quote Originally Posted by Posh Swanny View Post
    That's as bad as I've seen in my 20 years. St Mirren won't have an easier tactical afternoon all season - target the school boy at right back, cross the ball in, win the second ball, recycle it to keep the pressure on. When Hibs have the ball, wait for them to give it back in 20 seconds or so.

I feel like we've not put a team under any kind of sustained pressure since 2018. It's all NFL-style individual plays and if it doesn't work, give to a centre back or goalie and start again. It's so boring my 8 year old, who's Hibs daft, told me the other day that Hibs games aren't that much fun and he wasn't that bothered about going today. Should have listened to the poor lad.
    Poor wee laddie, it’s them I feel sorry for to be honest. At this point I’m an adult making the conscious decision to torture myself, they’re just bairns. I have therefore come to the conclusion that Ben Kensell, Ian Gordon and Nick Montgomery enjoy making children depressed and on occasions, cry. This is grounds for getting them to ****.

@hibs.net private member

We were awful against Forfar just a couple of weeks a go but luckily they didnt have the quality to punish us. The fact we struggled so badly againt a poor part time team says it all about this current Hibs team. Now we have a team full of loanees who dont give a sh$t about Hibs or scottish football. Future looks bleak.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    We were awful against Forfar just a couple of weeks a go but luckily they didnt have the quality to punish us. The fact we struggled so badly againt a poor part time team says it all about this current Hibs team. Now we have a team full of loanees who dont give a sh$t about Hibs or scottish football. Future looks bleak.

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    What game(s) with Maloney are you thinking about ? I don`t remember any where we were outclassed by opposition despite massive injury list . Someone below mentions defeat at Tynecastle but that day we led at half time against a strong Hearts team who were certainly flattered by 3 v 1 result .
    We didn’t lead at HT and 3-1 didn’t flatter Hearts

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Exactly. I might get stick for this but European/foriegn loan players are a recipe for disaster. They neither care nor understand about Hibs and when things get tough....just look at today.

You can extend that to say 90.

Frightening lack of plan or cohesion on the ball. When in possession we had absolutely no idea how to play forward.

It's hard to know where to start breaking that down today.

St Mirren were the one team in the top 6 I thought we could catch. On that evidence they are a miles better football side than us.

Exactly. I might get stick for this but European/foriegn loan players are a recipe for disaster. They neither care nor understand about Hibs and when things get tough....just look at today.
    You won’t from me, I agree. Any success we’ve had recently the bulk of the team have been Scottish or from elsewhere in the UK and Ireland.

When we finished third the bulk of the team was; Porteous, Hanlon, McGinn, Doig, Boyle, Newell, Nisbet, Doidge. They all played pretty much every week.

Under Lennon you had McGregor, Hanlon, Boyle, Stevenson, McGinn, McGeough all playing every week backed up with solid guys like Bartley and Fontaine. Allan obviously came in second half of that season.

Go back and look at the team lines from the cup final in 2016. No 18 year old Spaniards on loan and things like that.

First Team Breakthrough Tommy75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    You won’t from me, I agree. Any success we’ve had recently the bulk of the team have been Scottish or from elsewhere in the UK and Ireland.

When we finished third the bulk of the team was; Porteous, Hanlon, McGinn, Doig, Boyle, Newell, Nisbet, Doidge. They all played pretty much every week.

Under Lennon you had McGregor, Hanlon, Boyle, Stevenson, McGinn, McGeough all playing every week backed up with solid guys like Bartley and Fontaine. Allan obviously came in second half of that season.

Go back and look at the team lines from the cup final in 2016. No 18 year old Spaniards on loan and things like that.

Go back and look at the team who got relegated, every player was from Britain/ROI in that play-off v Hamilton. Player nationalities have nothing to do with it.

Dundee 87, 4 0 at half time🙈

You may be right but I think it`s still too soon to say that of present team and new players who have arrived just a few days ago . I actually thought the new players in general were our better players today . As for stuff about foreign players etc that`s modern football , players and managers changing clubs constantly . Stevenson and Hanlon have been exceptions .

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    You may be right but I think it`s still too soon to say that of present team and new players who have arrived just a few days ago . I actually thought the new players in general were our better players today . As for stuff about foreign players etc that`s modern football , players and managers changing clubs constantly . Stevenson and Hanlon have been exceptions .
    without even analysing all the previous posts, this has to be the worst ever that I have seen, after watching Hibernian for 56 years.