Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Monty

It’s got to be Lennon now, no one else would even want it

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ve been pro Monty. Not an easy stance of late, and I confess my nerves are a bit frayed now, but I’m still with him.
    What is it he’s doing that you see potential in?

What do you think he’s improved since Johnson?

Has he done a post match interview?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exuberance1875 View Post
    Please just no.

David Gray until the end of the season.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member
    Absolutely loads of folk would want it.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
    No thanks
    No from me ,he couldn’t wait to walk out,plus the fact ,I don’t see the fascination for him.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I’ve been pro Monty. Not an easy stance of late, and I confess my nerves are a bit frayed now, but I’m still with him.
    I was as well but today really shook me. We were atrocious to a man. At half time I was desperately looking for a reaction. Didn't see us getting anything from it realistically but hoped for us to have a real go and push them.

Ultimately though the second half was no better. St Mirren simply didn't bother attacking with any intent. Not one player got pass marks today and although they have to take responsibility, the manager is in deep, deep trouble.

Should he be sacked tonight? I'm edging towards no but very hard to defend him after that.

[QUOTE=Is It On....;7572705]We have 2 games against Ross County BEFORE the split.[/QUOTE

NM has shot himself in the foot ... nobody is perfect but in any job you have to be willing to learn when things aren't going well and step back and look, analyse, look at options then take action. You have to help yourself but signing inexperienced people is not the way to help yourself. Jury out now ... he needs to go as he is not learning or motivating the team .. low energy teams never do well.

Left by mutual consent!
    Absolute tripe, loads of managers would jump at the chance of the Hibs job.

First Team Breakthrough
    Just walk the walk Monty worst than Ross,Maloney.wee Lee get tea F…

Testimonial Due
    Monty is Butcher all over again, he will take us down. I’d punt him now and put SDG in charge for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrows tongue View Post
    Loads may want it but if Montgomery was deemed best out of the last ‘load’ that wanted it. I shudder to think of what the next batch would look like. Relegation material

I remember Montgomery saying before the winter break that there has been progress since he came in.

He said we have progressed. Wrong.

He is developing young players. Megwa & Whittaker have been exposed and clearly not ready for the first team. Wrong.

Reintroduced players to the squad. Think he is referring to Tavares. He is just playing him now when Johnson didn't and one of our show ponies. Wrong again.

I was with Montgomery before today, but my trust has been reducing in the past weeks. After today he is yet another disgraceful appointment by our owner and CEO and should be sacked.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    I remember Montgomery saying before the winter break that there has been progress since he came in.

He said we have progressed. Wrong.

He is developing young players. Megwa & Whittaker have been exposed and clearly not ready for the first team. Wrong.

Reintroduced players to the squad. Think he is referring to Tavares. He is just playing him now when Johnson didn't and one of our show ponies. Wrong again.

I was with Montgomery before today, but my trust has been reducing in the past weeks. After today he is yet another disgraceful appointment by our owner and CEO and should be sacked.
    The young player thing has bugged me for a while now. Folk are holding it up as a positive when in reality he’s potentially about to ruin a bunch of young laddies. His use of the youngsters has been awful.

First Team Breakthrough
    He has to go but board won’t act he is without a doubt the worst manager at Hibs since
    Walter Galbraith

@hibs.net private member
    Missed the game today thankfully as away for the weekend. His stubbornness to change from 442 is going to cost him his job. Totally naive manager who is making our better players worse.

When it went 0-2 today, he either has to hook the laddie at RB and go 3 at the back and give us an extra man in the middle, or he brings Cadden on at RB to stick with his revolutionary 4-4-2.

I think the hardest thing for me today was watching a workaday SPL team play a CF who could hold the ball up, rag doll our CHs and then bring others into play - like the Japanese boy from Celtic who absolutely strolled that game.

It can't be too hard to assemble a team like that surely, or maybe Kensell, McDermott, and Gordon will be along shortly to tell us that young untried loan players is really the way forward?

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    To be fair, if you didn't tell him you were there then why would he know?
    Some people say I display apathy, but I don’t care what they think.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    What times his interview usually?

I absolutely hate the thought of having to go through the new manager process again but he’s not turning this round. If he thinks it’s bad now wait til the inevitable pumping off Celtic midweek and a cup loss to Inverness next weekend if he’s still here
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Not personally attacking the guy. It's too far gone for that. He's woefully out of his depth. Starting to feel for him a bit. The step up is too much. Managers in this league are far too savvy for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrows tongue View Post
    Maybe loads but none recently seem to be good enough. Out of the last "loads of managers would" we have Monty in charge! Says it all

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post

I absolutely hate the thought of having to go through the new manager process again but he’s not turning this round. If he thinks it’s bad now wait til the inevitable pumping off Celtic midweek and a cup loss to Inverness next weekend if he’s still here
    Couple snippets from PLZ and BBC on Twitter the now.

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post

l

Normally after an hour or so, especially home games.

However sometimes the media team upload them quite a bit later/the next day after a bad result to get less of a reaction

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Logie View Post
    Missed the game today thankfully as away for the weekend. His stubbornness to change from 442 is going to cost him his job. Totally naive manager who is making our better players worse.
    His stubbornness to keep playing those show ponies jair and Youan will be his downfall as they both offer nothing when the going gets tough.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    On now.
    I feel sorry for him. He's finished and I think he knows it.
    Time to move on. It was a gamble that has not paid off.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

https://x.com/bbcsportscot/status/17...T_cnYbURW-GKJw

Hanlon being ill makes no odds, he’s hardly started him since he came in and would have stared Triantis regardless

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    Couple snippets from PLZ and BBC on Twitter the now.
    Just seen the BBC one, he looks like knows his times up and by the sound of it he’s pinning his defensive hopes on the comebacks of Hanlon and Rocky
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    I'm completely done with him now. Enoughs enough, get him OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by john rossi View Post
    He has to go but board won’t act he is without a doubt the worst manager at Hibs since
    Walter Galbraith
    Walter signed some very good players.

I feel for Monty. He’s entitled to expect more from Newell and Levit. They just want to jog around well away from the action and pass the ball back to the d fenders to do something with it.

He's apologised to the fans for the first half. Dinnae let the door bang your arse on the way oot, pal.