hibs.net Messageboard

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
Results 1,051 to 1,071 of 1071

Thread: Monty

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even though Killie are going well , I agree with Warnock in I wouldn't want to be watching Killie every week either.
    https://youtu.be/JfQG6-Mp6GU?si=sfnQVP-gURe03c58
    Warnock’s a fanny who thinks he can come up here and run his mouth after every game. Needs to learn to keep it shut and show a bit of dignity in the pish results he’s getting at Aberdeen. They’re 13 points behind Killie who I’m sure are gutted their sitting in fourth.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Even though Killie are going well , I agree with Warnock in I wouldn't want to be watching Killie every week either.
    https://youtu.be/JfQG6-Mp6GU?si=sfnQVP-gURe03c58
    I’d be embarrassed if Monty had come out and said that about an opposition team having just been tucked away by them 2-0.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    He is hibs manager though so why are you ripping the pish out of him by calling him daft and not hibs class ?

You posted something further up that didnt make sense and it looked just as daft, are you not getting it ?

Quite pathetic that on the back of a win you come on here and slag off the manager when most are discussing the actual game
    indeed it’s like : How do you show you’re not a Hibs fan without writing you’re not a Hibs fan…
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Delighted for the man, hopefully we can kick on from here.

Quote Originally Posted by sauzee1989 View Post
    19 times he said ‘I thought’ in 3 minutes. Thicker than yogi hughes
    Find a new team. Calling our manager thick? Disgrace.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    indeed it’s like : How do you show you’re not a Hibs fan without writing you’re not a Hibs fan…
    Strange behaviour, he has actually posted around 5 or 6 previous times on other threads about Montgomery saying “thoughts” and has actually sat and counted them and the “thoughts” range from 12 to 20 times 😁

We have “dot” counters and now we have a “thought” counter 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by w pilton hibby View Post
    I think the daft one is the person who counted how many times NM said I thought 19 times.
    I'd bet neither Monty nor Yogi is so thick as to do that then use it to assess the interviewee's level of intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    Warnock’s a fanny who thinks he can come up here and run his mouth after every game. Needs to learn to keep it shut and show a bit of dignity in the pish results he’s getting at Aberdeen. They’re 13 points behind Killie who I’m sure are gutted their sitting in fourth.
    He's got to the age of 75 without learning that - not much chance of it happening now. TBH your first thee words would have sufficed.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    When does Aberdeen’s new manager bounce kick in? Is it two defeats, two draws and a cup win over Bonnyrigg Rose for Warnock?

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Find a new team. Calling our manager thick? Disgrace.
    Hibs played well yesterday, so why any fan would slag the manager off for something non football related, is really poor.

Quote Originally Posted by ChilliEater View Post
    In my opinion, it suggests that he's smart, because he understands that he is being asked for his opinion, and is making it clear that it is his opinion rather than fact, and that, therefore, others may have, and are entitled to, another view.

In my view, it's a clearly a bigger sign of being thick when people state their opinion as fact, like this: "But 19 times shows he’s daft and not hibs class."
    Excellent retort, I had thought the same thing!

Funny how LJ was slagged for being too polished and too ready with 'technical' speak yet when we have a manager who is down to earth and authentic folk want some media savvy version. I know what I prefer, and it's someone genuine regardless of their ability in front of the camera.

Great result yesterday but more importantly it was a fine performance and a well deserved victory.
    I’m absolutely delighted for Monty, here’s hoping we can carry this form onto Wednesday night.

@hibs.net private member
    If it was a hearts manager hibs fans would be taking the piss out of his lack of vocabulary.
    I think this post has outed you pal, cheerio

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    Great result yesterday but more importantly it was a fine performance and a well deserved victory.
    I’m absolutely delighted for Monty, here’s hoping we can carry this form onto Wednesday night.
    100%.

Monty gets it tight when we're not winning, and so he should get credit when we produce a fully deserved victory like yesterday.

That someone is waiting in the wings to snipe about how many times he uses a certain word in a post victory interview... seriously how sad is that 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by babahibs View Post
    I think this post has outed you pal, cheerio
    Maybe happier listening to a nasally talking bawbag?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    19 times he said ‘I thought’ in 3 minutes. Thicker than yogi hughes
    Pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Thought Hibs were excellent today and 2-1 flattered Dundee.

We need wins, no getting away from that, and 1 win doesn’t change anything in isolation. However I think it’s mean spirited not to see something building since post the St Mirren/the Celtc game.

Montgomery is still an inexperienced manager learning on the job. It’s fair to think he took too long to work out how to get the best out of what he has. However since he’s managed to get the January signings in the team we look night and day from the squad he inherited.

He was criticised for sticking to 442 (which was fair to a point), he’s changed to 433/4231 now he has some of his own players. He’s added Moriah-Welsh, Amos & Emiliano to the midfield which now looks balanced and can impact games (they’re also dragging Newell up who I thought was very good today). Maolida is excellent and a focal point we’ve not had even when he’s not playing well.

There’s no “shoehorning” of youngsters with Whittaker, Landers etc now able to play at their current level and not be selected out of necessity. Though I hope to see youngsters getting an opportunity as part of the summer planning for next season.

He’s shown he’s not stubborn and isn’t selecting players like Tavares every week unless they merit it. Youan another that was dropped as not doing enough and we looked a better overall team for it IMO.

Some people can’t look past the period in December/January that has left us where we currently are, which is fair enough. I expect us to make the top 6 now. However, as long as performances continue as they have over the last 5 games or so, added to sensible and on point areas targeted in the January window I think Montgomery isn’t far from getting things right consistently going forward from now. The defence will drag us down until the summer, but given what he did to the midfield in January I am happy to let him fix the defence in the summer as the top priority.
    Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Maybe happier listening to a nasally talking bawbag?
    Undoubtedly

Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    I thought we were a dodgy handball penalty decision away from winning up there.
    We were

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    I don’t disagree why he shouldn’t say I thought! But 19 times shows he’s daft and not hibs class.
    To be fair you arent exactly showing Hibs class here either with comments like that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Thought Hibs were excellent today and 2-1 flattered Dundee.

We need wins, no getting away from that, and 1 win doesn’t change anything in isolation. However I think it’s mean spirited not to see something building since post the St Mirren/the Celtc game.

Montgomery is still an inexperienced manager learning on the job. It’s fair to think he took too long to work out how to get the best out of what he has. However since he’s managed to get the January signings in the team we look night and day from the squad he inherited.

He was criticised for sticking to 442 (which was fair to a point), he’s changed to 433/4231 now he has some of his own players. He’s added Moriah-Welsh, Amos & Emiliano to the midfield which now looks balanced and can impact games (they’re also dragging Newell up who I thought was very good today). Maolida is excellent and a focal point we’ve not had even when he’s not playing well.

There’s no “shoehorning” of youngsters with Whittaker, Landers etc now able to play at their current level and not be selected out of necessity. Though I hope to see youngsters getting an opportunity as part of the summer planning for next season.

He’s shown he’s not stubborn and isn’t selecting players like Tavares every week unless they merit it. Youan another that was dropped as not doing enough and we looked a better overall team for it IMO.

Some people can’t look past the period in December/January that has left us where we currently are, which is fair enough. I expect us to make the top 6 now. However, as long as performances continue as they have over the last 5 games or so, added to sensible and on point areas targeted in the January window I think Montgomery isn’t far from getting things right consistently going forward from now. The defence will drag us down until the summer, but given what he did to the midfield in January I am happy to let him fix the defence in the summer as the top priority.
    Great post. Yesterday’s team was prob the best we can field. Dropping Youan I think helped. If we can solve the defending crosses problem (second balls on the edge of the box). We can go on a run.

Can’t be bothered finding the relevant thread for hair but because Monty keeps bringing him on this will do

I think the whole zero to hero story has been done, when jair came on yesterday I thought he brought nothing to the team in fact I felt more nervous when he came on

Easily shoved off the ball, wrong decisions

Maybe harsh but I don’t feel he improves us as a team at all