hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sack the board

As a footballing club we are a laughing stock and a joke

No direction, no leadership, no progress.

Yet another rebuild they’ll expect fans to buy into.

It’s embarrassing and gutless. All of the footballing side of hibs today should be ashamed

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Horrendous decision appointing Montgomery. Poor decision after poor decision on the manager front. When does bad luck become incompetence?
    Saw his interview after the game and I’ve got to say, he doesn’t fill me with confidence that he can turn this around. He looked absolutely bewildered and just blethers the same old reteric.
    I’m not one for sacking managers but I’m beginning to think we should just cut our losses now.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    If we played this game after every ***** performance at home, we'd have a new CEO and board every 3 months.

This one falls squarely on Montgomerie's shoulders
    You don’t see the irony in that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    Flip it - what’s the link between success on the park and increased revenues? (STs, Hospitality, Sponsorship) from your perspective? Is there none? What if we’d not updated the hopsitality/ bars what’s it we’d not improved commercials like sponsorship.

my take is they are connected. And important. We don’t want to lose players - how do we retain them if we have insufficient funds?
    I can see absolutely no link between increased revenues and success on the park, if anything I see the opposite. (Plenty examples elsewhere of good commercial operations not translating to a good team on the pitch - there is shades of Man Utd about us under this ownership, too much focus off the park and utter neglect on it)

What I have seen is numerous decent Hibs teams put together on smaller budgets.

This mob have absolutely no idea what they are doing, that is the owners, Kensell, McDermott and it unfortunately looks like the manager too.

We are in some mess.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    I can see absolutely no link between increased revenues and success on the park, if anything I see the opposite. (Plenty examples elsewhere of good commercial operations not translating to a good team on the pitch - there is shades of Man Utd about us under this ownership, too much focus off the park and utter neglect on it)

What I have seen is numerous decent Hibs teams put together on smaller budgets.

This mob have absolutely no idea what they are doing, that is the owners, Kensell, McDermott and it unfortunately looks like the manager too.

We are in some mess.
    I honestly think we could have Klopp in and with the aforementioned b-grade Apprentice candidates in charge nothing would change.

We’re absolutely rudderless just now.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs90 View Post
    Years of failure on the pitch where it matters.
    Have a word.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    Have a word.
    Why? Since STF sold up we managed a third placed finish under Jack Ross then embarked on the most ridiculous club strategy of signing young players with hype but no knowledge of the league (almost all have turned out to be failures), spent big money on Vente, Youan, Levitt, reportedly had Chris Mueller on big wages quite incredibly, and are burning through managers at an alarming rate.

Yes more money is coming in, yes more money is being spent, but does anyone think we’re better off where it counts on the pitch?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

There's a AGM next month, looking at the fixture list over the next week that could be poisonous

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie_1875 View Post
    How do you sack the board though? They aren't going anywhere soon with this investment that's about to come in.
    I think BK, despite saying they will have no say, will have put in KPI's across the board to protect they're investment, and Ben will have to abide by those as well or else he will be gone.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Horrendous decision appointing Montgomery. Poor decision after poor decision on the manager front. When does bad luck become incompetence?
    Nobody knows if a manager is going to be successful before appointing him,it’s a hit and miss situation.all I heard yesterday was ,the club must appoint a manager with knowledge of the Scottish game,we’ve had managers with knowledge of the Scottish game,and most never lasted long.any manager will fail if his players don’t seem interested.yesterday for example.that game amung many others.will n.m.get time ,we don’t know.bill foley will not invest his millions ,if things aren’t going his way,the man is not used to failure.

Quote Originally Posted by big gogs View Post
    Nobody knows if a manager is going to be successful before appointing him,it’s a hit and miss situation.all I heard yesterday was ,the club must appoint a manager with knowledge of the Scottish game,we’ve had managers with knowledge of the Scottish game,and most never lasted long.any manager will fail if his players don’t seem interested.yesterday for example.that game amung many others.will n.m.get time ,we don’t know.bill foley will not invest his millions ,if things aren’t going his way,the man is not used to failure.
    Any managerial appointment is a risk of course but I’d like to play the percentages as they say.

If Hibs appointed Derek Mcinness and it didn’t work out I couldn’t blame the board there was strong evidence he’d be a sucess with his previous jobs at saints, dons and currently going well at Killie.

What I can’t accept is continued outside the box thinking on managers. You may occasionally unearth a gem but that’s not happened since mogga.

We’ve tried 2 managers in the last 3 who literally have never managed or in a lot small league.

We are a big club in Scottish terms, the pressure can be massive and the the manager has got to be able to handle all that.

We’ve been crying out for expirence across the management team and playing staff.

There are far too many people at the club who are too comfortable and happy just picking up a wage every week without taking any responsibility. The whole club feels like and has felt like it's in a malaise for a few years now and that's reflected on the park. Leaderless, lethargic and no urgency to make things happen. In a comfort zone and let's hope that Foley comes in and shakes a few up on and off the park because it's desperately needed before it gets worse because it absolutely can get worse as 10 years ago told us all.

I actually think the board and the likes of Kensell and Ian Gordon have got off with it pretty lightly as if some of the stuff that's happened in the last 3 years had happened under Petrie there would've been protests outside the west on a few occasions. But there has been none of that other than a few people moaning online and the scenes in Andorra but that was more directed at Johnson and the players. Perhaps the malaise has set in amongst the support too.

Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    There's a AGM next month, looking at the fixture list over the next week that could be poisonous
    They’ll bin Montgomery just before it to take the heat off themselves.

However, the fact that we put someone who’s previous football experience was all from the commercial part of the club into a CEO position in the first place tells you all about what’s important to the people in charge right now. As long as he keeps hospitality full, he’s Teflon.

Three failed managerial appointments in two years under his watch and yet he seems to be devoid of all accountability. It’s bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    Saw his interview after the game and I’ve got to say, he doesn’t fill me with confidence that he can turn this around. He looked absolutely bewildered and just blethers the same old reteric.
    I’m not one for sacking managers but I’m beginning to think we should just cut our losses now.
    His interviews are becoming as embarrassing as the performances on the park. Entering Cathro territory.

"I don't accept that and the players don't accept that, but I have to accept that"

Fans of other teams are lapping it up. Says it all

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    I’m hoping Foley and co will be wielding more power behind the scenes than they’re letting on. 3 wins at home with a constant churn of loan players and laddies will see us struggling to stay out of the bottom three rather than aspire to top three, that’s for sure, and hopefully will not be tolerated by the new investors.
    If its fewer loan players you are after then you are going to be significantly disappointed with Foley.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs90 View Post
    Years of failure on the pitch where it matters.
    What board members would you sack ?
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    MacPherson will probably ban all talk on football matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    MacPherson will probably ban all talk on football matters.
    It'll be the usual, shut down questioning. I think it will be a fiery encounter, but they'll realise this and talk about off field successes
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    It'll be the usual, shut down questioning. I think it will be a fiery encounter, but they'll realise this and talk about off field successes
    I said on another thread that the Foley investment will take up a huge chunk of the time.

For multiple reasons those present from the club will be delighted with that as it will limit the time for questions from the floor on other matters. The AGMs have been timid affairs in recent times and this month will be no different.

It's arguably not the right time for anger or criticism about football matters but equally it's probably the only chance your rank and file fan gets to question those running the club so if it happens then so be it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Amazed that folk can’t see this. Just cos it isn’t working now doesn’t mean it never will.

Having said that, there's been very few signs of gradual improvement under Monty.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    Flip it - what’s the link between success on the park and increased revenues? (STs, Hospitality, Sponsorship) from your perspective? Is there none? What if we’d not updated the hopsitality/ bars what’s it we’d not improved commercials like sponsorship.

my take is they are connected. And important. We don’t want to lose players - how do we retain them if we have insufficient funds?
    Erm, yes, we definitely do!!!

I'd happily see our entire squad replaced this summer. None of them are good enough.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post

Having said that, there's been very few signs of gradual improvement under Monty.
    I agree, but this whole sack the board chat is OTT imo. I’d wager half the people saying it couldn’t even tell you who makes up the board. It regularly changes and we will see two from the BK group join it shortly. Every time we go through a bad spell it’s the same stuff, sack the board, somethings fundamentally wrong at the club. The trouble is we keep getting it wrong with the most important appointment of them all, but if we do get that right all the offield stuff we are doing will put ourselves in a great position to take advantage of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    The club has gone to **** on the pitch since STF sold up. Jack Ross somehow gets third and we fail to back him adequately imo, then sack him.
    Thing is, it was the fans that really got JR sacked, Ron felt that pressure and its easier to pull the the trigger and sacrifice someone than it is to win back a fanbase once they have turned.

It's what's happening now.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I agree, but this whole sack the board chat is OTT imo. I’d wager half the people saying it couldn’t even tell you who makes up the board. It regularly changes and we will see two from the BK group join it shortly. Every time we go through a bad spell it’s the same stuff, sack the board, somethings fundamentally wrong at the club. The trouble is we keep getting it wrong with the most important appointment of them all, but if we do get that right all the offield stuff we are doing will put ourselves in a great position to take advantage of that.
    Sense at last.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Any managerial appointment is a risk of course but I’d like to play the percentages as they say.

If Hibs appointed Derek Mcinness and it didn’t work out I couldn’t blame the board there was strong evidence he’d be a sucess with his previous jobs at saints, dons and currently going well at Killie.

What I can’t accept is continued outside the box thinking on managers. You may occasionally unearth a gem but that’s not happened since mogga.

We’ve tried 2 managers in the last 3 who literally have never managed or in a lot small league.

We are a big club in Scottish terms, the pressure can be massive and the the manager has got to be able to handle all that.

We’ve been crying out for expirence across the management team and playing staff.
    Tend to agree with this now but there just doesn't seem to be that many experienced managers about who you'd trust to get through a run of bad results. Even less when you add in the expectancy for some attacking football.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenio View Post
    Thing is, it was the fans that really got JR sacked, Ron felt that pressure and its easier to pull the the trigger and sacrifice someone than it is to win back a fanbase once they have turned.

Exactly. And Ross had that little bit of faith to turn it around with a decent amount of fans because he'd done it before with us and had a better CV than NM. The DU job may have stuffed it for him.

Stephen Robinson doesn't excite me but he could be another worthy of sticking by through a bad spell. Considering adding NL into that mix, what would've happened if we'd stuck with him. But there were no glimmers back then, it was brutal and he even looked like he'd chucked it.

It's scary to consider how much money the board has wasted paying off managers over the last 6 or so years.

I wonder what Ron would have made of the latest car crash.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenio View Post

The board didn't back Ross properly in that summer's transfer window and the team slipped into a dire run of form. Cause and effect.

Blaming fans is easier than pointing the finger at the the mismanagement of the football part of the Hibs business. It's been a downward trajectory ever since and that isn't due to the fans, Ron Gordon was using fans as an excuse for his own questionable decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    The board didn't back Ross properly in that summer's transfer window and the team slipped into a dire run of form. Cause and effect.

Blaming fans is easier than pointing the finger at the the mismanagement of the football part of the Hibs business. It's been a downward trajectory ever since and that isn't due to the fans, Ron Gordon was using fans as an excuse for his own questionable decision making.
    Yup. And later admitted he made a mistake. We've been paying the price ever since other than a pretty decent second half of last season.