hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Exuberance1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it’s a debate over Youan or Jair I’d take Youan every day of the week and twice on Sundays. As frustrating as he can be, he is always a threat as you never know what he is going to do with it next.

Jair has shown signs of improvement but his decision making can be just as poor as Youan’s without the same explosiveness (yet!) that Youan has.

Nicer problems to have though, as both can easily contribute to the team
    Jair gets a lot of credit for his improvement but we won’t be rejecting a 7 figure sum for him any time soon.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Paul1642 View Post
    Jair gets a lot of credit for his improvement but we won’t be rejecting a 7 figure sum for him any time soon.
    Agree, Youan doesn’t get the same level of credit for almost carrying us at time in the second half of last season.

Agree, Youan doesn’t get the same level of credit for almost carrying us at time in the second half of last season.
    I’m sure he was getting credit at the time just like he would if he plays well in the second half of this season and that’s what matters
    The fact it’s actually a debate and a decision to made between jair and youan tells you that he’s not been anywhere near consistent enough.
    I think he needs to start showing what he can do a lot more as he hasn’t looked like a multi million pound player lately

@hibs.net private member
    Marshall

Bevan
    Fish
    Triantis
    Obita

Jair
    Newell
    Moriah-Welsh
    Maolida

Marcondes

Vente

Marshall

Bevan
    Fish
    Big Oz
    Obita

Welsh
    Newell
    Spanish boy (right side)
    Youan (left)

Macondes

Mailouda

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83

Team v St Mirren

Think Levitt and Youann need a wee bench shot.

Levitt for poor performances and generally looking like he is trying not to be positive. Youann because of really poor decision making. Jair offers more of an all round.

I’d say drop Vente as well but not sure an 18 year old is the solution today.

Other that that I don’t care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    So no Tavares at all?
    I'll be gobsmacked if Jair is in the team today, he's been ineffective since SJ away.

Marshall

Bevan Fish Nectar Obita

Newell. Moriah

Youan. Emi. Mailouda

Vente

I would go with;

Marshall

Bevan (if its true he can play RB)
    Fish
    Nectar (presuming Hanlon is out)
    Obita

Newall
    Levitt (one more chance as looked better with Emiliano in team)

Youan
    Emiliano
    Malioda

Vente.

Leaves us really good bench options potentially in Amos, Moriah Welsh, Jair and new Spanish guy whose name escapes me.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I would go with;

Marshall

Bevan (if its true he can play RB)
    Fish
    Nectar (presuming Hanlon is out)
    Obita

Newall
    Levitt (one more chance as looked better with Emiliano in team)

Youan
    Emiliano
    Malioda

Vente.

Leaves us really good bench options potentially in Amos, Moriah Welsh, Jair and new Spanish guy whose name escapes me.
    I reckon 10 of that team is a stick on with the only decision being whether he goes with Megwa or Bevan at right back.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I reckon 10 of that team is a stick on with the only decision being whether he goes with Megwa or Bevan at right back.
    Aye I think I put Bevan there more in hope then expectation as I don't think Megwa has shown much yet.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Aye I think I put Bevan there more in hope then expectation as I don't think Megwa has shown much yet.
    Think it would be incredible harsh to recall Megwa and then drop him after 2 games.

He knew there was a chance he’d make a mistake and he says he accepts they will happen, if that’s the case then Megwa should keep the shirt.

I just think to recall a young boy who is enjoying a good loan spell and then after two games drops him would be poor management. If it was after a month or so and miller etc back fit then fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Think it would be incredible harsh to recall Megwa and then drop him after 2 games.

He knew there was a chance he’d make a mistake and he says he accepts they will happen, if that’s the case then Megwa should keep the shirt.

I just think to recall a young boy who is enjoying a good loan spell and then after two games drops him would be poor management. If it was after a month or so and miller etc back fit then fair enough
    It's not simply the mistakes. He doesn't look confident and practically never gets forward.

He will hopefully get better in time but there's no room for sentiment.

If Bevan is a better option right now, and I accept that's a big if, he definitely should be starting.

I think he was mainly recalled because of what we had available at the time. Wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up back at Airdrie with us having Miller back next week, having signed Bevan and Cadden on the way back.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Marshall

Megwa
    Fish
    Nectar
    Obita

Newall
    Amos

Maolida
    Marcondes
    Tavares

Vente
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Is Jair fit? Looked like a sore one for the red card last week.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I think he was mainly recalled because of what we had available at the time. Wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up back at Airdrie with us having Miller back next week, having signed Bevan and Cadden on the way back.
    Yeah I’d be very surprised if he’s not back at Airdrie in the next couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthNorfolkHFC View Post
    Think Levitt and Youann need a wee bench shot.

Levitt for poor performances and generally looking like he is trying not to be positive. Youann because of really poor decision making. Jair offers more of an all round.

I’d say drop Vente as well but not sure an 18 year old is the solution today.

Other that that I don’t care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I'd stick with Youan over Jair as he's much more of a threat going forward. Vente is our best option up front , hopefully now with Marcondes in we can start playing him as a 9 .

Robinson will probably go with 3 in midfield against our two , Levitt and Newell isn't a great combination , hopefully one of the new guys will start instead of Levitt who's been poor anyhow.

If what Robinson says is true it's abit of a bonus O'Hara been out too.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Would keep Levitt in excellent ball for last week's equaliser. Will be interesting to see how performances are with real Competition in the squad. Would bring Bevan straight in if can play right back.

Some decent signings but can the gel Quickly ?

I think it was harsh to recall him. But I think we are allowed to send him back to Airdrie. That makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Would keep Levitt in excellent ball for last week's equaliser. Will be interesting to see how performances are with real Competition in the squad. Would bring Bevan straight in if can play right back.
    One pass in a game doesn't warrant an automatic start. Does it?

Testimonial Due Tha Cabbage Kid's Avatar
    I think Myziane looks better up fornt. I would have him in instead of Vente and Eliliano in the 10.

Not fussed what team he puts on the park, they all play in green and white, good enough for me, looking forward to the game, win, lose or draw, very exiting times to be a Hibs supporter.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    Some decent signings but can the gel Quickly ?
    Fingers crossed but expecting it’ll take a few games.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Cabbage Kid View Post
    I think Myziane looks better up fornt. I would have him in instead of Vente and Eliliano in the 10.
    He’s played in two games for us so far. Once up front against the **** where he was poor, and out wide when he came on last week at Killie where he was excellent.

Where do you get the idea he looks better up front?

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I don’t disagree that Jair hasn’t actually provided enough goals/assists, but for me he’s a much better team player than Youan.

I still think he’s worth a starting spot especially with Vente now freed up to play as a striker rather than a no10/6/4 whatever the **** he was doing before. I want to see a striker get on the end of some of his crosses.

Just as I see it.

If it’s a debate over Youan or Jair I’d take Youan every day of the week and twice on Sundays. As frustrating as he can be, he is always a threat as you never know what he is going to do with it next.

Jair has shown signs of improvement but his decision making can be just as poor as Youan’s without the same explosiveness (yet!) that Youan has.

Nicer problems to have though, as both can easily contribute to the team
    Completely agree.

See a recurring theme the team is boring from some - Youan doesn't cover as well as Jair but is our most creative player pretty much every game A bit more safe and less threat or more risk and more threat. I know what I'd rather

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by McGruber View Post
    Completely agree.

See a recurring theme the team is boring from some - Youan doesn't cover as well as Jair but is our most creative player pretty much every game A bit more safe and less threat or more risk and more threat. I know what I'd rather
    Yep. I’m shocked there’s even a debate to be honest. Youan clearly the better player despite his faults.