hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Aussie Hibs Players didn’t get a winter break. Wonder if they’ll get some time off
    Wouldn’t have thought so. Their playing schedule wasn’t exactly taxing and the weather decent. I reckon it’ll be straight back to business after a day or so to recover maybe.
    Last edited by greenlex; 02-02-2024 at 05:24 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The Aussie Hibs Players didn’t get a winter break. Wonder if they’ll get some time off
    They've just had a jolly in Qatar.

Coaching Staff
    Miller overstretched for a tackle and the resultant penalty knocked the stuffing out of the Socceroos.

It was a naive challenge, I think he’ll admit that himself, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I hope his confidence is not too badly dented…he’ll get pelters on social media …….but hopefully he can bounce back for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    The Celtic winger tore him apart for pace. Is Son playing for S Korea? He's rapid as well.
    I'm not sure what you're specifically talking about, but I'd not say pace is his biggest issue. He seems to cover the ground fairly well over a distance.

@hibs.net private member
    Hope not.

He’s got real competition now for right back
    Megwa
    Cadden
    Whittaker
    Bevan
    If Cadden gets back fit I'd have him ahead of Miller every day of the week.

Miller would be ahead of the other 2 for me at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    If Cadden gets back fit I'd have him ahead of Miller every day of the week.

Miller would be ahead of the other 2 for me at the moment.
    Agree with this. We’re well stocked in that position but it’s more quantity than quality.

Sorry for exit aussie hibees

Looming forward to having Boyler back though

Miller is a prime example of our thoroughly lamentable scouting network over the last few years. Just hope our signings in this window are better and the scouts have learned from previous disasters.

I watched Miller when he came on and he was completely out of his depth. Watching his poor positioning and rashness, just in a different coloured jersey.

He can be good on a rare occasion, but is mostly naive and unreliable.

If Hibs manage to be successful in the next few years Miller won't be in the side.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Miller is a prime example of our thoroughly lamentable scouting network over the last few years. Just hope our signings in this window are better and the scouts have learned from previous disasters.

I watched Miller when he came on and he was completely out of his depth. Watching his poor positioning and rashness, just in a different coloured jersey.

If Hibs manage to be successful in the next few years Miller won't be in the side.
    Is there anything you like about Hibs?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

The scouting is that bad he’s just been away to play in a major tournament with his country. Yes, he’s had a bad game but there will be loads of players wishing they were good enough to even get a game at that level.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Fechin yaaawwwwnnnnnn......

Agree with this, don’t think he’s good enough to be a Hibs player on a consistent basis.

So naive and too busy getting involved with other players etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Well said mate. He’s also having a needless pop at Hanlon & Stevenson on the Team for St Mirren thread. Gets tedious

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    I would suggest absolutely nothing, every post is a dig at Hibs. I can understand being frustrated with our club but not every second of every hour.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar

I agree with this don’t think he looks like a natural football player

Has he ever considered Aussie Rules ?

I'm not surprised Miller's had a stinker, I've had my doubts about him for a while and this type of performance has been typical recently, poor passing, reckless and needless challenges.

There's a real touchy lot on here at times.

Not just me, but others have given an honest assessment of Miller's performance tonight. There is no point in sugar coating it. When this is done some posters just don't like it, then aim criticism back at the poster.

This is a forum to give views on Hibs related topics and other things at times.

I post positive things about Hibs as well, when it is merited.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Miller overstretched for a tackle and the resultant penalty knocked the stuffing out of the Socceroos.

It was a naive challenge, I think he’ll admit that himself, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I hope his confidence is not too badly dented…he’ll get pelters on social media …….but hopefully he can bounce back for us.
    Hope so just done by a world class talent in Son. Like Lewis but certainly seems to have had a dip in form. No reason he can’t get back to his best.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    The scouting is that bad he’s just been away to play in a major tournament with his country. Yes, he’s had a bad game but there will be loads of players wishing they were good enough to even get a game at that level.
    Exactly

Miller is a quality player. Look what level he's at at a young age. Aye, bad game....up against one of the best players in the world!

Mad folk think he's 'not good enough for hibs' imo

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenio View Post
    Miller is a quality player. Look what level he's at at a young age. Aye, bad game....up against one of the best players in the world!

Only 23. Think folk often overlook that.

I’m just not sure what miller brings to the team that makes me go “wow he’s a real player”

Ideally in the summer right back is a position we look to improve on, if Megwa still isn’t ready

I don’t think he’s terrible but he’s shown nowhere near enough to be considered quality for me. At his age, the real quality players are away from us. He’s had the occasional really good game but he’s been her a year and a half now and needs to show a lot more.

One of our players though and I hope he gets over this disappointment quickly.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84

The thing is it’s not just one bad game, he has more bad games for Hibs than good this season, the game against hearts especially was a stand out! Think he has only played as many games due to injury to Cadden.

Quote Originally Posted by Exuberance1875 View Post
    I’m just not sure what miller brings to the team that makes me go “wow he’s a real player”

Ideally in the summer right back is a position we look to improve on, if Megwa still isn’t ready
    Agree with this as for me there is still some serious question marks over Chris Cadden.

First Team Breakthrough

Huge exaggeration.

Miller has typically been very good when I've watched him play.

The games where he hasn't been, he's been targeted and isolated, with little support from his team mates

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Exuberance1875 View Post

Athleticism

Can't say I'm surprised at this. Mistiming tackles and diving in have cost us too.

Quote Originally Posted by 1875Sean View Post
    The thing is it’s not just one bad game, he has more bad games for Hibs than good this season, the game against hearts especially was a stand out! Think he has only played as many games due to injury to Cadden.
    Funny you say that as I would say that performance against Hearts was a standout for the opposite reason - he'd been so effective prior to that this season. Not perfect of course but he'd made huge strides from a very raw novice to one of the better full backs in the league. Would be insane to write him off at this stage.