hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Left by mutual consent!
    Miller looks to me like he took up football quite late in relative terms. He seems to lack a lot of the basics. That's not to say he won't come good at some point but I said elsewhere, he looks like an Aussie Rules player who didn't make it in that sport. He'll struggle for game time if we go up a level, but he'll also find another club no problem.

I'd rather see us give Megwa a bit more protection and a run of games as he looks like he has a brighter future. Just the pace of the SPL maybe catching him out a bit. But the basics are all there.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Miller looks to me like he took up football quite late in relative terms. He seems to lack a lot of the basics. That's not to say he won't come good at some point but I said elsewhere, he looks like an Aussie Rules player who didn't make it in that sport. He'll struggle for game time if we go up a level, but he'll also find another club no problem.

I'd rather see us give Megwa a bit more protection and a run of games as he looks like he has a brighter future. Just the pace of the SPL maybe catching him out a bit. But the basics are all there.
    Who else do you reckon ‘looks like an Aussie Rules player who didn’t make it in that sport’ and apart from Miller, how do we recognise them?

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Who else do you reckon ‘looks like an Aussie Rules player who didn’t make it in that sport’ and apart from Miller, how do we recognise them?
    Well obviously he'd be holding his didgeridoo and recklessly flinging boomerangs around the place. I think.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Well obviously he'd be holding his didgeridoo and recklessly flinging boomerangs around the place. I think.
    That’s what I thought….I just wanted confirmation from an expert in such things who can readily recognise them and not confuse them with failed rugby league players, basketballers or water polo players.

That’s what I thought….I just wanted confirmation from an expert in such things who can readily recognise them and not confuse them with failed rugby league players, basketballers or water polo players.
    If he was really with it of course he'd be wearing a Stetson supplied by Hobo Harry obviously. And none of those cork on a string thingy's hanging in the front either....

@hibs.net private member
    Maybe we should be looking to support one of our young internationalists who will be getting pelters from elsewhere?

Had good games and bad games but he has my support as he wears the green and white.

Quote Originally Posted by EskbankHibby View Post
    Maybe we should be looking to support one of our young internationalists who will be getting pelters from elsewhere?

Had good games and bad games but he has my support as he wears the green and white.
    Totally.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

100%. Thankfully haven’t seen much of it on here but across social media there are folk who are absolutely relishing the opportunity to tell everyone who bad he is and I can't get my head around that.

When we've got players away on international duty I'm always quite proud that Hibs are represented, and even though I'm not bothered about how their countries do, individually I want them to do well and certainly don't want them to screw up.

Lewis will be getting it to tight from the Australian press and fans, if anything now is the time for us to wrap our arms around him and make sure he's ok and supported.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

100% . He should be getting our support rather than kicking him when he's down . Millers a good player with plenty of potential who is just going through a dip in form like alot of players do , the lads only 23 and will come good again 👍

He is getting it tight on social media, the lad will be low...we should be backing him 100%

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenio View Post
    Miller is a quality player. Look what level he's at at a young age. Aye, bad game....up against one of the best players in the world!

Mad folk think he's 'not good enough for hibs' imo
    Every player is a quality player, some better quality than others. Miller is a very confident lad who has had a couple of very good games, but he's normally involved in some awful defending, dives for fouls when he should be strong, and contributes very little.

He's 23 now, very raw and needs to improve quickly or he will be out the door. We are short in right backs at the moment, and he appears to be the best of a bad bunch, albeit we have two young ones and a loan who's preference is centre back.

I dont see a future long term for him.

Miller sold that game completely with his rash tackling and lack of awareness but it's a level way above what he faces on the SPL so he isn't going to be exposed to the same extent.

If Hibs are planning to make a sustained challenge for third place on a regular basis then the question has to be asked if there are better full backs out there who will improve the team within the new wage structure and I think there are.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    100%. Thankfully haven’t seen much of it on here but across social media there are folk who are absolutely relishing the opportunity to tell everyone who bad he is and I can't get my head around that.

When we've got players away on international duty I'm always quite proud that Hibs are represented, and even though I'm not bothered about how their countries do, individually I want them to do well and certainly don't want them to screw up.

Lewis will be getting it to tight from the Australian press and fans, if anything now is the time for us to wrap our arms around him and make sure he's ok and supported.
    Excellent post Matty, Lewis will be hurting at the moment so doesn’t need any more abuse when he returns to Scotland.

Left by mutual consent!
    The physique, the tight shorts, the haircut...just cut the sleeves off the shirt and he's there. Also the rampaging around without appearing to know where his man is etc. He's just, generally, a very ungainly player. As I stated, he looks like he took football up later than most. A bit like when you see a boxer that never fought amateur, it shows in their performance.
    Last edited by VoltaireHibs; 03-02-2024 at 12:19 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Jeezo mate, chill out, it was just an observation. Throw another prawn on the Barbie, have yourself a nice cold Fosters and try not to be so defensive.