hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    A poor debut but he hadn't even been in the stadium before, first game in Scottish football, young, inexperienced(only played 36 games in total of adult football and only 90 minutes at a level anything like yesterday). I would view him in the same way as Whittaker, Megwa and quite a few of the loanees and youth players. Having one in your team surrounded by experienced players is a good thing but filling your team with them is madness. Our recruitment methodology is akin to Jack going to Market with a valuable cow to sell. You might get the odd one who makes a profit that pays for all the players that cost us(Melkerson) but the team suffers as a whole and that costs more than money.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Just watched the highlights again and he was terrible, along with Fish.

Neil McCann hit the nail on the head. 7 signings and not one with any Scottish experience. We try to be too clever with signings and it doesn’t work.

We needed a solid experienced CH for years now and we’ve brought n another wee boy.

Whittaker as well at the 1st and 3rd goals too weak. Men against boys

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Neil McCann hit the nail on the head. 7 signings and not one with any Scottish experience. We try to be too clever with signings and it doesn’t work.

We needed a solid experienced CH for years now and we’ve brought n another wee boy.

Men against boys, that was the phrase I most used yesterday too. That applies even when their ages are similar too. Teams consistently outmuscle us and are sharper and quicker to the ball simply because they playing at a much higher intensity. Those teams have nowhere near the resources we put into sports science etc or the cash to spend on players. Like many aspects of life I think simple things have been over complicated and money spent on jobs that are not as high a value as perceived. Football still is a very simple games and like most sports where physicality plays a part you have to win the battle first and we are simply not taking up arms in most games. Hibs need a root and branch review similar to the very successful one LD did when she came in. We need to work out what the overall plan is and start thinking about how we blend current competitiveness with a long term strategy to grow players and improve the squad. The first thing that needs binned is tippy tappy, low intensity football

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post

Obita for the first goal was terrible at their free kick, allowed the ball to go over his head, it then got cleared when the St mirren player moved in to the by line he rushed at him not gitting a tackle in or a block for the cross.

2 mistakes tonight. 1 miss placed pass in the first 2 minutes and then gave away the lead pen.

After that I thought he was really good, actually thought the whole back 4 were brilliant tonight.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    2 mistakes tonight. 1 miss placed pass in the first 2 minutes and then gave away the lead pen.

After that I thought he was really good, actually thought the whole back 4 were brilliant tonight.
    Agreed, solid considering it was his second game for us. Thought Fish was outstanding though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

Agreed and I'd hope NM will stick with that CB pairing. I'd like to see someone else take the LB position and move Obita into Youan's place, think we would get good crosses in and look a lot more solid, also less brainfarts....

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I thought he did well tonight. He showed character, as it wouldn’t have been easy to keep such a poor debut out of his mind. Much improved, well done to him.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    A dodgy start tonight with a reckless challenge in the box conceding his second penalty in two games

As the game progressed looked decent on the ball with some nifty foot work thrown in and some nice precision passing

Once he settles could be the left sided centre back that NM thinks he will be

Credit where it's due I actually think he was good tonight, despite the penalty conceded.

Willing to give it time before I make my mind up on him, good to see he was part of a good looking defence.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    I was away at the weekend so didn't see his debut but apart from a dodgy couple of passes he looks OK in defence, quite quick it seems

First Team Breakthrough
    I thought he was honking and looks like he’s well of the standard of SPL.

It was also pretty evident that some of our players were reluctant to pass him the ball as they know he’d lose possession with a **** pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post

It was also pretty evident that some of our players were reluctant to pass him the ball as they know he’d lose possession with a **** pass.
    Nobody was reluctant to pass to him, almost every ball Marshall played out from the back went left to him.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    He started dreadfully but definitely got better as the game went on.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Shaky start but ended by doing pretty well I thought

Showed good character after a ropey start to still take the ball and show composure

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar

The SPL hasn't even existed for about 10 years now.
    Some people say I display apathy, but I don’t care what they think.

So you clearly didn't watch the game if you thought that was the case

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Nobody was reluctant to pass to him, almost every ball Marshall played out from the back went left to him.
    Yip he had loads of the ball coming out from the back

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Allant1981 View Post
    Yip he had loads of the ball coming out from the back
    I think Slim Shady has a point. Celtic were leaving Nector as the only free man first half as they were quite happy for him to have it when we were playing out from the back.. This almost forces Hibs to use him as the pass. Teams regularly do this and if theyd watched his distribution on Saturday (as they would have) it would be an obvious tactic.

He had a terrible start to the game last night but def grew into the game, which is promising.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    I think Slim Shady has a point. Celtic were leaving Nector as the only free man first half as they were quite happy for him to have it when we were playing out from the back.. This almost forces Hibs to use him as the pass. Teams regularly do this and if theyd watched his distribution on Saturday (as they would have) it would be an obvious tactic.

He had a terrible start to the game last night but def grew into the game, which is promising.
    He only lost the ball a couple of times(maybe a wee bit more) in the first half though, which is opposite of what the poster was suggesting, agree though he definitely came onto a game and seemed a bit more confident

File that second paragraph in the "things that didn't happen" file.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post

Fish was available to play out from, it looked more like we thought there was joy to be had down the Celtic right.

@hibs.net private member
    Hoping this has given him some confidence since the weekend and he can kick on from here.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Utter nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Utter nonsense
    His passing was good, some excellent diagonals. After a poor debut and giving a debatable penalty after four minutes, he could have crumbled. He was mentally strong. Well done . Hopefully, plays on Saturday

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipper1875 View Post
    His passing was good, some excellent diagonals. After a poor debut and giving a debatable penalty after four minutes, he could have crumbled. He was mentally strong. Well done . Hopefully, plays on Saturday
    Agree after nervy start definitely came onto a game. Like the look of him looks comfortable on the ball and has a bit of pace about him.

Wtf were you watching? Nearly everything from the back went through him. Didn’t see much of him ‘defending’ but he’s a ball player willing to get forward. The head knock could have been any player, anywhere on the pitch and that aside, he played well.

Rocky looks way better IMO and should regain his place when he returns. I think he'll be behind Rocky and Hanlon.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Agree after nervy start definitely came onto a game. Like the look of him looks comfortable on the ball and has a bit of pace about him.
    That’s the centre halves Monty wants . Challenge is him and fish are both wet behind the ears. Nowadays centre halves don’t have that agressive and nasty streak a yogi and a big daz have . Something they need to learn quickly

First Team Breakthrough
    Fair play to him for growing into the match. Need to see him do that for 90 minutes.

I wonder what this place would be like if Rocky had made that mistake for the penalty...