hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Scary how poor a debut that was.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The defending for the third goal was absolutely criminal.

Would have to see the reaction if that was Rocky or Hanlon.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The defending for the third goal was absolutely criminal.

Would have to see the reaction if that was Rocky or Hanlon.
    It’s be the same reaction, wouldn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    it’s be the same reaction, wouldn’t it?
    x100

Not physically equipped for this league. That's on the recruitment team.

It was as poor a debut as you’ll see.

Not a huge surprise. Pairing one 20 year old loan player with another was hardly likely to solve our defensive issues.

Two new centre halfs in and Hanlon comes out again as our best defender. Bevan I’d suggest will never play a game with Rocky and Hanlon to come back in.

Poor recruitment again for a key position.

First Team Breakthrough
    I can’t believe how bad he was. So bad I hope to never see him start again. Awful footballer. Bring back Rocky.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHFC View Post
    Two new centre halfs in and Hanlon comes out again as our best defender. Bevan I’d suggest will never play a game with Rocky and Hanlon to come back in.

Poor recruitment again for a key position.
    It's indicative of a recruitment team who are taking the piss.

It was frightening in the last 20 minutes of that game as to how many players in a Hibs strip that I couldn't even put a name to, I had no idea who they were, yet you've some on here lauding it as a "great window" - what glaring weakness(es) have been addressed in any way that makes it a "great window?"

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    We don’t need experience apparently. Clear as day that Fish/Triantis was never going to work. Mind against Dundee United last season when Fish and CJ had to play together? They got totally bullied for the 90 minutes just like the two of them did today. Will Fish has come back this season a totally different player, brutal most games and costing us goals most games.

@hibs.net private member
    It’s not rocket science, sign players with at least some track record of being able to perform at SPL level, not these bxxxxxxx experiments! I can’t believe people were turning their nose up at the likes of Findlay and Kerr. Wouldn’t it be great if we could just sign 2 central defenders whose main attribute was dominating the box and stopping goals! Monty can stick these ‘ball players’ centre half where the sun don’t shine.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    It’s not rocket science, sign players with at least some track record of being able to perform at SPL level, not these bxxxxxxx experiments! I can’t believe people were turning their nose up at the likes of Findlay and Kerr. Wouldn’t it be great if we could just sign 2 central defenders whose main attribute was dominating the box and stopping goals! Monty can stick these ‘ball players’ centre half where the sun don’t shine.
    We dont do obvious these days, it's below us now.

Worst centre half debut since Nathan Wood. Utterly woeful.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I felt sorry for him; he looked like a lamb thrown into the lion cage. He didn’t look like a footballer; we better hope he improves quickly,
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

I wouldn`t write him or any other player off after 1 game especially one that hardly had time to meet his new teammates let alone get used to playing with them . Rocky won`t be back for next 2 games ( 3rd / 4th match even if Congo lose semi ) and Hanlon may be out too so not many options .

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    We don’t need experience apparently. Clear as day that Fish/Triantis was never going to work. Mind against Dundee United last season when Fish and CJ had to play together? They got totally bullied for the 90 minutes just like the two of them did today. Will Fish has come back this season a totally different player, brutal most games and costing us goals most games.

A back line of...

Ageing keeper whose reactions aren't as good as they used to be..

A 17 year old right back
    A 20 year old centre back
    A 30 year old left back

Then a midfield 2 who don't tackle or protect the centre of the pitch.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Yeah that was up there with Boateng and Wood. Again, however, like with Maolida, it's just one game.

Can't help but be concerned at the fact that this guy was handpicked as the main man to shore up our defence though.

Not up to it and he
    was Monty’s no 1 target for centre back ffs

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Poor debut but it’s only one game. He was turned so easily at one point during the second half. His partner Fish was equally as poor imo. He will need to find his feet quickly in an already fragile defence.

Young Jacob Blaney must be miffed and Paul Hanlon also but if that’s best we can come up with then McDermott and Co all need to go

I'm just surprised that anyone thought a collection of mostly inexperienced youngsters and loans were going to make any discernable difference to the utter shambles that Hibs are on the pitch (where it matters) under the stewardship of the Gordon family and Kensall.

They're the root cause of this, and I've absolutely no faith in either of them to change their ways.

If only Foley was in a position to buy them out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    I'm just surprised that anyone thought a collection of mostly inexperienced youngsters and loans were going to make any discernable difference to the utter shambles that Hibs are on the pitch (where it matters) under the stewardship of the Gordon family and Kensall.

They're the root cause of this, and I've absolutely no faith in either of them to change their ways.

The football team is a shambles, an absolute rabble of misfits, youngsters and transients. I have no emotional connection to any of them. How I hark back to the days of Mowbray's teenagers who terrorised the OF, McLeish's team that played some of the best football seen in a generation and even the team of 2016 with Stokes and McGinn. How the Hell has is collapsed to this ?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    A back line of...

Ageing keeper whose reactions aren't as good as they used to be..

A 17 year old right back
    A 30 year old left back

Then a midfield 2 who don't tackle or protect the centre of the pitch.
    And we wonder why it went wrong.

First Team Breakthrough
    Word debut I’ve seen bar none. Hope to never see him in a Hibs top again. Piss poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post

I couldn’t believe folk talking about it being a brilliant window on paper. We totally neglected the most glaring issue. Marcondes and Maolida, despite today, will still have something to offer IMO but for all the talk of players ready to come in and make a difference, we seem to have the exact opposite.

Yup. At what point will anyone at the club realise that 19/20 year old kids at so called decent English sides youth teams won’t be able to stroll it up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    The football team is a shambles, an absolute rabble of misfits, youngsters and transients. I have no emotional connection to any of them. How I hark back to the days of Mowbray's teenagers who terrorised the OF, McLeish's team that played some of the best football seen in a generation and even the team of 2016 with Stokes and McGinn. How the Hell has is collapsed to this ?
    I think money ball and a desire to profit from player trading is the answer to your last point. No semblance of a strategy to target a cup win or anything of the sorts, just a gamble on promising stats and a mystical resale value.

I don’t think another American speculator is the solution to this either FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    I think money ball and a desire to profit from player trading is the answer to your last point. No semblance of a strategy to target a cup win or anything of the sorts, just a gamble on promising stats and a mystical resale value.

I don’t think another American speculator is the solution to this either FWIW.
    There’s absolutely nothing about Hibs at the moment that makes you think they’re a credible football club with a strategy that places any sort of emphasis on the success of the first team. It’s disjointed and so many decisions make no sense.

That’s the sort of situation that lends itself to conspiracy theories - and I think there’s an awful lot of merit in the suggestion that we’re a tin pot moneyball outfit who exist as a vehicle for players to pass through, for reasons other than it being of benefit to Hibs or their first team.
    Last edited by Smartie; 03-02-2024 at 11:18 PM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    Young Jacob Blaney must be miffed and Paul Hanlon also but if that’s best we can come up with then McDermott and Co all need to go
    Why would Paul Hanlon be miffed he was ill

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    There’s absolutely nothing about Hibs at the moment that makes you think they’re a credible football club with a strategy that places any sort of emphasis on the success of the first team. It’s disjointed and so many decisions make no sense.

That’s the sort of situation that lends itself to conspiracy theories - and I think there’s an awful lot of merit in the suggestion that we’re a tin pot mineyball outfit who exist as a vehicle for players to pass through, for reasons other than it being of benefit to Hibs or their first team.
    Yep. See also the reluctance to sign anything resembling tried and tested SPFL pros.

I mean I guess you could file Levitt under this category but he’s been a complete flop and wasn’t even a standout at the worst team in the division last season.