Forgive me folks but I’m having a bad day with this electric car and needed to vent. Also want to know if anyone else feels the same or if I’m just being miserable.

I first bought an electric car 3 years ago through my work. It was a good deal and I liked the idea of no longer having to fill up with fuel and the promises of cheap charging.

Now, I don’t have a driveway so can’t charge at home (first mistake maybe) however there is a public charger a 5 minute walk away from the house and I figured fair enough, I can plug in there when it needs charged or whatever.

There’s also two “rapid chargers” where I stay in Dunbar. For the first year or so everything was great, I could plug in at the library walk home and collect the car, fully charged for about £15, using the rapid chargers when needed for a quick top up.

These days though, Ooft. Prices keep jumping up, loved the idea of an electric car when I first purchased one, prices were fair and chargers always seemed to work. 3 years later and many more people have electric cars. Lucky if you can get these rapid chargers during the day and even then, one of them charges at 13kW and the other charges at 50kW but frequently cuts out mid charge. The charger at the library has been dead for about 3 months with no sign of a funeral, or someone coming to fix it. Not to mention the ridiculous 75p per kWh if you dare to charge between 4-8pm.

Moving back to a petrol hybrid next month and not a day too soon. The future? Not at this rate anyway.

Edit: As I post this, the charger has just cut out on me again. AARGH