hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Living in England its hard to believe how sectarian Scotland is. On a football message board up north it comes up every other day. In England its a total non subject. Genuinely shocked.
    I am sure they inflict a march on the population of Blackpool. I was on holiday a number of years ago and got chatting to some Man Utd fans who could not get their heads around my pal being a Protestant and being a Hibs fan.
    Last edited by gbhibby; 28-01-2024 at 08:35 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Projection.
    Totally. Because every day, probably every hour their more fevered members think about how much they hate Catholics and Catholicism. Like, we're not all living in medieval times, ya bumpkins.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Should have that sign outside the turnstiles to The South
    Hibs did put up a sign of ‘must not bring into the ground’s over the summer. We should ask for the orange man to be added.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    How big a banner would it be possible to make, with this on it, for the next Rangers match? Or could we have one of those displays where everyone in the east stand has a bit of the display on their seat? ( I know there is a name for it, but I can’t be bothered researching it). Also I think this should be displayed in every pub in the Easter Road area on Rangers match days.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    I am sure they inflict a march on the population of Blackpool. I was on holiday a number of years ago and got chatting to some Man Utd fans who could not get their heads around my pal being a Protestant and being a Hibs fan.
    Born and bred in Blackpool mate never heard of such a thing. Will say however Rangers have a big support in Blackpool

Man. Can't us atheists just be left alone to get on with our lives?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Agnostic atheism is the future

Is there enough of us to challenge the Fat guys in bowler hats to a tug of war instead of all that idiotic marching about dressed as Captain Mainwaring in his day job?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Born and bred in Blackpool mate never heard of such a thing. Will say however Rangers have a big support in Blackpool
    https://youtu.be/UbYd_0Led1U?si=ysNytCacMvjMoqQb

As well as Blackpool they march in Benidorm and Southport

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gbhibby; 28-01-2024 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    I know. God help us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I just can't be arsed worrying that much about what other people believe.

I'm a Catholic and the family on my maternal side all were. My dad is nominally Church of Scotland but never attends services, my wife is nominally Anglican but in reality an atheist, my kids were baptised Catholic but can believe what they like when they get older.

I really don't give a toss if someone is Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, Muslim, agnostic, atheist or anything in between and it's not something I would ever ask anyone because it's not a deal breaker for me in any way. It's the people who weaponise any of that to hate others that I take issue with and the OO fall into that bracket imo. Most of the Protestants I know seem to feel the same way, they are a pretty niche little group that almost no one outside their own has much time for.

Great post PB, and an excellent description of how most sensible and non-bigoted people go about their lives.

https://youtu.be/UbYd_0Led1U?si=ysNytCacMvjMoqQb

As well as Blackpool they march in Benidorm and Southport

Back in 2011 and news to me mate.

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    I know. God help us.
    Praise be to the.........?????????

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Back in 2011 and news to me mate.
    Saw another video of a march which took place more recently in Blackpool can't find it though. There are Orange marches in a number of places I think Manchester and Burnley have Marches. I had a relation that moved to Manchester in the late 70s and was surprised at the level of bigotry at time he encountered in Manchester.
    Last edited by gbhibby; 28-01-2024 at 10:22 PM.

Can't help but laugh at this report to the police.

They have a march here in my hometown of Corby and there is also a loyalist flute band, plenty of Fenian this Fenian that also.

Half of them don't even have a clue about rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post

They have a march here in my hometown of Corby and there is also a loyalist flute band, plenty of Fenian this Fenian that also.

All exiles im guessing. Corby has the biggest percentage of Scots in any town in England. Steel thing I think. Great export not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post

Corby known as little Scotland.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Surely the DUP involved? Where is Arlene Foster and her small minded band of haters?
    🤣

As incredible as it seems, Arlene was considered to be on the moderate, progressive wing of the DUP!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumble de Thump View Post
    The authorites in Scotland haven't just allowed Sevco fans to get away with their sectarian behaviour for decades. They've now allowed Secvo fans to officially play the victim.

I think it was bizarrely helped along by Nil By Mouth, which incorrectly declared that the H word was was a sectarian term. Then, more recently, some judges also labelled it as sectarian. The reasoning that was given for reaching that conclusion was utter nonsense and complete conjecture - essentially making it so that anyone using any word at all to negatively describe a Sevco fan would automatically be sectarian. The people responsible for this damaging bothsidesing and whataboutery have set back any effort to wipe out sectarianism in Scotland for generations, not that there ever seemed to be much effort.
    Correct. The grasping for equivalence that would allow Rangers fans to show Celtic fans were just as bad as them has led to the h word being appropriated as a sectarian insult without it ever really being the intention (at least not to the majority of people).

Nil by Mouth, while presumably having good intentions, just stoked endless whataboutery rather than helping get on top of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble de Thump View Post
    The authorites in Scotland haven't just allowed Sevco fans to get away with their sectarian behaviour for decades. They've now allowed Secvo fans to officially play the victim.

I think it was bizarrely helped along by Nil By Mouth, which incorrectly declared that the H word was was a sectarian term. Then, more recently, some judges also labelled it as sectarian. The reasoning that was given for reaching that conclusion was utter nonsense and complete conjecture - essentially making it so that anyone using any word at all to negatively describe a Sevco fan would automatically be sectarian. The people responsible for this damaging bothsidesing and whataboutery have set back any effort to wipe out sectarianism in Scotland for generations, not that there ever seemed to be much effort.
    Great Post but a long as the turnstiles keep clicking nothing will change.
    The Rangers are complicit in keeping the kettle boiling by appealing to their fans by introducing orange strips and orange training tops as they know their bigoted fans will lap it up.

Strange behaviour from a bunch of weirdo’s

https://youtu.be/SBEtQQZ7Z9I?si=-QIJuxS_Tag2Xv_N
    Mason Boyne.

Had never heard of or seen this before, was this on the bbc?! Even nowadays I can’t imagine many folk being willing to make a series of sketches ripping the **** out of the Orange Order, never mind (based entirely on what my mother’s told me it was like trying to get a job for many catholics in West Lothian/Lanarkshire/Falkirk area in the 70s and 80s) back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    I know we can't use the H word anymore, but even prior to it's banning me and my mates referred to then as Orcs. Ibrox obviously being Mordor.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Surely the DUP involved? Where is Arlene Foster and her small minded band of haters?
    The DUP…the political wing of the Old Testament.

The OO are bullies who stamp their feet to get what they want. The should be opposed at every turn.
    Next time they are here we should absolutely plaster the streets with thousands of those signs and have many more thousands in the ground.
    Just as hating the KKK doesn’t make you anti-white. Hating the OO doesn’t make you anti-Protestant…it just makes you a decent human being.

In the spirit of our club and our fight to be recognised from the get go in the face of Orange bigotry we should take them on. NEVER cow down to them.
    Can you just imagine if they are getting their panties in in a pickle over 1 wee banner can you imagine their reaction if everytime those freaks are belting out their filth that we display thousands of them.
    The club should actively support that too. And announce that bigoted hate groups like the OO are not and never will be welcome at Easter Road.

If these weirdoes want a fight…bring it on you ****kicking simpletons.

Mammy… Daddy… Polis!

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    Had never heard of or seen this before, was this on the bbc?! Even nowadays I can’t imagine many folk being willing to make a series of sketches ripping the **** out of the Orange Order, never mind (based entirely on what my mother’s told me it was like trying to get a job for many catholics in West Lothian/Lanarkshire/Falkirk area in the 70s and 80s) back then.

Robbie Coltrane was scared of no-one. Punk sensibilities sadly missing today, RIP big yin.

I wonder how the media outlets will report this?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I wonder how the media outlets will report this?
    I can see them mounting a full on campaign to wipe sectarianism out once and for all.

Full frontal expose on the singing of banned hate songs and campaign to prosecute all identified then ban them from football grounds.

Or maybe not, in 21st Century Scotland. Forever a blight on what is otherwise a forward looking nation.

Sir Matt Busby

Blog Entries
    There’s a post on FB about the flares in the Rangers end. It references the constant sectarian singing as well. Ironically, according to FF, the Orange Order have made a formal complaint about the ‘disgusting, sectarian, Hibs banner.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post

Yes it was on the BBC, there are a lots of Videos on YouTube of Mason Boyne.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    I can see them mounting a full on campaign to wipe sectarianism out once and for all.

Full frontal expose on the singing of banned hate songs and campaign to prosecute all identifiedcsings and ban them from football grounds.

Or maybe not, in 21st Century Scotland. Forever a blight on what is otherwise a forward looking nation.

Probably not far from the truth BH.

Let’s see if they take the high ground in all this when and if they report it!