hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

The Orange Order

Have reported Hibs fans to Police Scotland alleging a hate crime to do with a banner with a crossed out sash displayed on Wednesday night, statement below:

'You may all be aware of an offensive banner at Easter Road on Wednesday night, which again highlights a proactive campaign of hate against the Orange Institution and the wider Protestant community.
    We have already highlighted this campaign to Scottish Government Officials, Senior Politicians from all political party’s, CEOs at every local authority and Police Scotland.
    You can be assured we will be asking questions next week to Hibernian Football Club and Police Scotland as to why this banner was allowed to be displayed and why no action was taken to remove it, as it represents a hate crime.
    I would encourage everyone if you feel comfortable doing so to phone Police Scotland on 101 and report this incident as offensive to you, and it represents a hate crime against the Orange Institution.

Executive Officer
    Grand Orange Lodge of Scotland'

I'm not going to argue such a banner belongs in a football stadium but reporting it to the police, really? I mean really? Brass and neck spring to mind.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    How the hell does a banner like that highlight a campaign of hate against the 'wider protestant community'??

Many hibs fans are protestant ffs

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    They parade up and down our streets in their fancy dress and complain about a banner. You couldn’t make it up.

Sadly, this is the way it is in contemporary society, politics and the world. When you have no defence against your own barbarity, Falsely accuse others of the same barbarism yourself.

What exactly was the banner?

The sooner the human race moves on from religion the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How the hell does a banner like that highlight a campaign of hate against the 'wider protestant community'??

Many hibs fans are protestant ffs
    Yep.

And I hate the OO.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Hopefully police Scotland take it seriously and take action. It’s of course nonsensical, but would be a precedent and non Old Firm clubs could report Rangers & Celtc most weeks.

Greeting faced rat *******s

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    😂 well, that’s that. I think we may be through the looking glass.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    They parade up and down our streets in their fancy dress and complain about a banner. You couldn’t make it up.
    They were singing about killing Irish catholics…they have no shame.

The full songbook was aired.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Have reported Hibs fans to Police Scotland alleging a hate crime to do with a banner with a crossed out sash displayed on Wednesday night, statement below:

'You may all be aware of an offensive banner at Easter Road on Wednesday night, which again highlights a proactive campaign of hate against the Orange Institution and the wider Protestant community.
    We have already highlighted this campaign to Scottish Government Officials, Senior Politicians from all political party’s, CEOs at every local authority and Police Scotland.
    You can be assured we will be asking questions next week to Hibernian Football Club and Police Scotland as to why this banner was allowed to be displayed and why no action was taken to remove it, as it represents a hate crime.
    I would encourage everyone if you feel comfortable doing so to phone Police Scotland on 101 and report this incident as offensive to you, and it represents a hate crime against the Orange Institution.

Executive Officer
    Grand Orange Lodge of Scotland'

I'm not going to argue such a banner belongs in a football stadium but reporting it to the police, really? I mean really? Brass and neck spring to mind.
    From this Protestant they can GTF as they don’t represent me or the majority of Protestants in Scotland. Just a bunch of **** masquerading as upstanding members of the community.

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/wo2Kxz4zcCWrVJKS/

Image here
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Oh will someone please think of the oranges IMG_5066.jpg ****ing utter self entitled ******s !!

Can we please make a point of recording them next time they’re at ER singing their “banned” songs about hating catholics etc?

Then maybe a little police complain of our own?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post

Amen to that

😂

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member
    99% of their members have never been to a church.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    this proddy despises that shower of vile ***m

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Sea View Post
    From this Protestant they can GTF as they don’t represent me or the majority of Protestants in Scotland. Just a bunch of **** masquerading as upstanding members of the community.
    There was a poster on here for many years who was a Protestant Minister (and an excellent, much missed poster). I remember once suggesting that those who parade through the streets every June and July might be better served attending their local Kirk on a Sunday to celebrate their religious freedoms. His response was a beautifully cutting 'why should I have to deal with them?'

Incidentally I was at Mass this morning and we had a local Minister preaching the homily as part of a 'pulpit swap' aimed at growing ecumenical understanding and friendship. Our Priest is reciprocating next weekend. Funny old world.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    That's it, I'm finished with them. I'll never order an orange again.

Horrible creatures that society needs to leave behind.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Breakthrough
    Didn’t realise the H word is censored.

Didn’t realise the H word is censored.
    After being ruled as sectarian a few months ago.

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member
    There was a poster on here for many years who was a Protestant Minister (and an excellent, much missed poster). I remember once suggesting that those who parade through the streets every June and July might be better served attending their local Kirk on a Sunday to celebrate their religious freedoms. His response was a beautifully cutting 'why should I have to deal with them?'

Incidentally I was at Mass this morning and we had a local Minister preaching the homily as part of a 'pulpit swap' aimed at growing ecumenical understanding and friendship. Our Priest is reciprocating next weekend. Funny old world.
    Was that a poster named Doddy ? Haven't read his posts for a while

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    There is no strict liability so it's irrelevant.

The useful thing would be to shine a light on their fans behaviour.

Thanks lads.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Sadly, this is the way it is in contemporary society, politics and the world. When you have no defence against your own barbarity, Falsely accuse others of the same barbarism yourself.
    They are warlocks and witches and should all be burned at the stake with their stupid outdated beliefs and superstitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Was that a poster named Doddy ? Haven't read his posts for a while
    That's the man.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Hopefully police Scotland take it seriously and take action. It’s of course nonsensical, but would be a precedent and non Old Firm clubs could report Rangers & Celtc most weeks.
    And then ignore the OF related complaints.

Police Scotland should give the OO a 3 week ban for a frivolous appeal.

Away and dry yer bitter orange eyes, you bunch of bowler hat wearing weirdos.

That's the man.
    Sorely missed poster.

Along with Johnnyboy, I hope they’re both keeping ok.

Sir Alex Ferguson

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    After being ruled as sectarian a few months ago.
    I thought it would be like black people using the N word so surely as a Protestant I can use the H word.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I doubt that those who displayed the small image on a banner have any great interest or understanding of the Orange Order. They see it as an extension of Rangers.

The Orange Order predates Rangers by almost a century, but the membership now will almost exclusively be made up of Rangers supporters. Like the politics they feel obliged to adopt as an extension to their Rangers supporting, along with the obligation to present themselves as Royalists with reverence to The Crown, and again, the Orange Order is seen as something else that requires to be embraced.

Your average Rangers fan will support the UK Union, will support the Ulster Loyalist goal of Northern Ireland remaining in UK, will be strong supporters of the armed forces, will be supporters of the Royal Family, and in recent times, backing of the Israeli cause.

All of which are opinions and causes that anyone is entitled to stand behind in support, but how many Rangers fans genuinely align with any of those without it simply being an extension of their support for Rangers? They adopt those views only because they are Rangers fans.

The Orange Order is another example of that. The banner wasn’t directed at The Orange Order on its own, or even the Protestant faith. It was directed at Rangers.

The fact that so many automatically associate Rangers and the Orange Order with each other is a problem for them themselves to sort out. I suspect the Orange Order know anyway it’s not aimed directly at them.